What Disney Wonder shows are not to be missed?!

Our sons (9&6) chose to go to the club rather than the shows most nights on our Fantasy cruise last summer. My daughter (8) loved them all. We'll be on the 5 night Wonder in March and will probably skip the welcome aboard show.

We were on a 4 night, so didn't see the Welcome Aboard. That said, we chose to see ALL of the shows. I didn't know if we'd have the opportunity again to go on DCL, so I took advantage. That said, if/when we go on DCL again, I'd skip Toy Story--not because it was a bad show but because my daughters aren't particularly fond of the movie, so really didn't care about it. I'd also skip the magic show. If my kids wanted to see Dreams or Golden Mickeys again, I'd probably go with them.

Toy story is all in the cast. The other two are montages of Disney songs, so even if you don't like a particular performance it rotates out so quickly that it doesn't impact your experience. If woody is bad in toy story though, it's unwatchable. That said, I just got off the wonder and the Toy Story cast was the best ensemble of the week. The guy playing woody was fantastic, and it saw him wearing an "earning my ears" ribbon later so I would be he will be on your cruise as well. I love the toy story musical. I'm not sure what everyone dislikes about it- sid's number IS obnoxious but it's not the whole show. The girls playing Andy and Sid in the cast were really good, so it wasn't nearly as annoying as the last time I saw it. I would skip the all aboard show though, and whatever live entertainer you have will probably do an adult show some other time on the cruise that you will enjoy more.

Interesting you say it's all about the cast. When I saw Toy Story last month I thought the cast was great. It's the show itself I didn't like. (Full disclosure, I HATE the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom so it's possible I just have a defect in my Disney gene.)

Lol, I thought about adding at the end of my post, "if you like the finding nemo show at ak, I think you will like toy story, if you don't you probably won't." But I was too lazy! Although the nemo show is better, written by the husband and wife team that did frozen, and also Book of Mormon (well the guy anyway). I think maybe a lot of people don't like Toy Story being "messed with", and I am not a huge fan of Toy Story, so maybe that's why I am ok with the musical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter