• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Disney Springs Restaurant Should I Choose?

gogo

DIS Veteran
I would appreciate some suggestions for dinner one night at DS. We'll be in Disney next month (July). My choices are getting very limited....our dining party consists of myself, my brother and my 10 year old niece (a picky eater and not too adventurous). We are on the deluxe dining plan ( a lot of food esp. for my niece). We are eating at the Boathouse on our arrival night and I would have preferred to go to Homecomin (sp?) but only available time is very late (after 9:00 p.m.) I've had lunch there twice before and really enjoyed the food.

I've sort of narrowed it down to Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill (is this 2 dining credits or l 1 ?) and Paddlefish (but some of the reviews are not great and there is always availability, which leads me to think it is not very popular. And, I see a lot of mixed reviews on other places. Any input would be great! Thanks

My family and I love the Boathouse! We've gone there our past two trips. My other DS favorite is Raglan Road, maybe I'm biased because I love fish and chips, but my sister had a great risotto and her SO had a veggie burger that he couldn't stop talking about. Seems like they have a good range of options, so might be good for you? The only other DS spot we tried was Morimoto, which I loved, but is maybe not so good for a picky eater.

We ate at Wolfgang Pucks in 2010 and it was fantastic. We ate there again in 2016 and it was terrible. The food and service left something to be desired. However it closed for the rebuild shortly after. I'm assuming it has gone back to being good after the re-open, but haven't really read any reviews. We've never tried Paddlefish.

Our favorite place at DS is Morimoto's. great food and great service everytime for us.

For a picky 10 year old you might want to try somewhere like Planet Hollywood. Fantastic burgers and lots of typical things that a 10 year old would like.

We're going in December and eating at Morimoto's, STK, and The Edison.

I may also look at Planet Hollywood, I'm trying to find a mix for our vacation of signature and more kid friendly options because we have the deluxe plan but our DS night I am on the fence as to what type of restaurant, I was hoping for a little more adult, I guess.

I think Ragland Road could be a good pick. They have chicken tenders and fries---along with fish and chips for a kid. My kids are generally distracted here with the entertainment. What about Maria and Enzos--they have pizza and pasta available. Terralina also has a good kids menu too.

We love Raglan Roads and if you can't find the time you want through the MyDisneyExperience app, you can always check OpenTable for table at Raglan Roads.

Raglan Road is one of my favorites. We go every trip. Love the Irish dancing and entertainment (as well as the food).

Also, don't give up on Homecomin'. We really enjoyed it last year and I was unable to get a reservation until about a week before our trip and then quite a few came up for the 5:30pm timeframe. Seemed like it might be too early, but ended up being a perfect time. Dinner was wonderful.

So both Wolfgang Puck and Paddlefish are 2 credits. I haven't been to either but Paddlefish at least seems to get some not-great reviews. We didn't love Raglan Road last time we ate there but it's probably a "safe" option. If thinking about a chain with a 10 year old then I'd go with T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe for the theme, though the food is perhaps better at House of Blues.

Thanks for all the ideas, I've been checking Homecomin' for a couple of months for a time around 7 - 8:30 and only after 9:00 has shown up. Nothing for T Rex until after 9:00, too (that sounds like a fun atmosphere). This is for July 8th so, I may keep trying for a few days. Open Table is a great tip for some restaurants, that is how I snagged Boathouse for around 8:00 p.m. The Disney website only had after 9:00 p.m. for months and still does.

I chose Raglan Rad for our upcoming trip. I have a picky DD15 and saw Mac N Cheese on the menu!

It will be our first night in FL and we are paying OOP for this one due to not staying on Disney property our first few nights in FL so we can visit Sea World, Discovery Cove etc... We are staying at a Disney Springs hotel though. Since we are paying OOP, prices here looked really good and there is entertainment too! I think its a great option. Ill soon find out it I was right!

When we check into Disney, we will be on the deluxe plan. Not sure if I would have picked differently if I was using credits instead of cash! We tend to stay in the bubble once we check in so have never ventured over to DS for a meal.

I chose Raglan Rad for our upcoming trip. I have a picky DD15 and saw Mac N Cheese on the menu!

It will be our first night in FL and we are paying OOP for this one due to not staying on Disney property our first few nights in FL so we can visit Sea World, Discovery Cove etc... We are staying at a Disney Springs hotel though. Since we are paying OOP, prices here looked really good and there is entertainment too! I think its a great option. Ill soon find out it I was right!

When we check into Disney, we will be on the deluxe plan. Not sure if I would have picked differently if I was using credits instead of cash! We tend to stay in the bubble once we check in so have never ventured over to DS for a meal.

Raglan Road is on the Dining Plan but, IMO, not a good use of the standard dining plan table service credit because their prices are pretty reasonable. I did use the dining plan for the meal their last year but it would have been better used at a more expensive place so I think you're good to pay OOP.

Desserts are good here. I love their "famous" bread pudding. Very different from any bread pudding I've had. Very rich, kind of plain, and divine but I love stuff like that.

I would appreciate some suggestions for dinner one night at DS. We'll be in Disney next month (July). My choices are getting very limited....our dining party consists of myself, my brother and my 10 year old niece (a picky eater and not too adventurous). We are on the deluxe dining plan ( a lot of food esp. for my niece). We are eating at the Boathouse on our arrival night and I would have preferred to go to Homecomin (sp?) but only available time is very late (after 9:00 p.m.) I've had lunch there twice before and really enjoyed the food.

I've sort of narrowed it down to Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill (is this 2 dining credits or l 1 ?) and Paddlefish (but some of the reviews are not great and there is always availability, which leads me to think it is not very popular. And, I see a lot of mixed reviews on other places. Any input would be great! Thanks
Maybe try looking for reservations thru open table....sometimes they might have more availability than what appears thru the Disney website..... Not sure if this is an old wives tail but might be worth a shot.... you can still pay thru the dining plan once you get there

We have eaten at both the new Wolfgang's and Paddlefish. We think Wolfgang's is a notch better than Paddlefish.

Just a note: The new Wolfgang's is actually run by the Wolfgang's restaurant group. The prior one, was licensed to I believe Levy's restaurant group. Let's just say the original one had its ups and downs, and there were several times in its later years where Wolfgang Puck himself would visit the original and raise cain to the operating group.

Another vote for Raglan Road. My daughter (8) loves both the food and watching the dancers. We never do the dining plan so I can't attest to perceived "value" but the food is definitely good and as others have suggested Open Table has a lot more availability than the Disney site.

Really enjoyed Raglan Road, so it gets my vote. Was also quite surprised that Open Table had better options. But hey, whatever works, right?

Raglan Road is one of my favorites at Disney Springs. Really enjoy the Irish dancing and entertainment (as well as the food).

We loved Morimoto Asia but perhaps not the best for a picky eater. Our second choice it Homecomin' but that isn't an option. I would recommend Raglan Road as they have a very extensive menu that you should be able to find something on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter