• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Disney means to you...

hollyrose

Believes in the Magic.
Ok, so I know this might seem silly-- but as I read all these posts and see the love and (let's be honest here) just plain out obsession for Disney, I just wonder what some of the not so obvious reasons behind all of our love for Disney is?

For example, I think I feel such a love for Disney World because my Dad loved it so much and he has passed away since. We weren't the family that had like Disney figurines all over our house or anything, but the happiness my Dad showed when he talked about Disney is something I'll always remember. He was a musician and he loved the Disney music especially-- he bought the "Music of the Parks" CD and would play it on our outside speakers as we spent summers in the backyard.

My Dad passed away when I was 18 in 2003. I think the parks are just special to me because they hold such happy memories of my Dad. Does that make me crazy? Does anyone else have a similar story? It just makes me feel comforted to read about the Disney parks on these boards because I know they are continuing to bring joy to so many people, just like they did to my Dad. Make sense? LOL.

Share your Disney "back story" below! :)

Disney to me is my escape. I can leave the real world behind, and go to a fantasy land, of dreams, magic and make believe.

Disney is the place that made all my dreams come true! I was 26 on my first trip. My then dbf took me and we had a great time. We went every year. I married that wonderful man in Disney and we had a wonderful honeymoon for 2 wks there during which we bought dvc! We decided to start a family and now have our DD who will be two next month on her third trip. Disney is all about magic, love and family to me.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Im sorry to hear about your father and it is nice that you are using Disney to relive the memories.

As the PP has stated, it is an escape from reality! It is just DW and I, we never had children so it took us a while to give Disney a try. But the first time we walked into the Magic Kingdom and saw Cinderella Castle, we knew this wasn't an ordinary vacation destination. It is an experience! The small details put into everything from the trash cans to the ride queues, the wonderful food and variety at Epcot, the Cast Members who go out of their way to make the entire experience something out of a storybook, its just everything. I have said it hundreds of times and I will say it a thousand more times before I die, Disney doesn't miss a beat!

Disney World is my happy place. As soon as I land at the airport, I am in a different world. I love the music, the atmosphere, and how the cast members make me feel special. I forget everything at home, work and the outside world. We have been very busy at work. Long hours, six day work weeks. I am ready for this vacation!!

As a military brat I never had a place to call home, but my family was fortunate enough to be able to visit Disney World nearly every year and sometimes more. It was the one consistent thing in my life growing up and because of that my sister and I call it home. :cloud9::earboy2:

I love Disney because it's just a place to get away from it and leave the reality of life behind for a while. It's just to have fun. I can still use my imagination and feel the magic, even as I get older. It's still a piece of my childhood I can hold onto forever. I can expose my kids to it and keep it going for generations. Plus there's so many great memories tied to it.

We were lucky enough to go to WDW when it opened. I was 2 {dont do the math!} From then on my family was hooked. We went to the opening of EPCOT too. The magic is what pulls me back, I feel like a little girl every time I walk down Main St.!:lovestruc

I haven't been that many times but can't wait to take dgd there in a couple of years to watch her experience the magic. I guess the total experience of being in the WDW bubble (escape from the real world) would be one reason, and the wonderful memories I DO have from my few trips there would be another.

I will be celebrating my 62nd ( I can't believe it :confused3 ) at WDW in just two weeks. I really feel that regardless of anyones age , we all become children when we walk through those magic portals. My husband has always told everyone that I am the best "three year old" that he's ever known. He also enjoys the fact that we can play like children all day long and then have a cocktail with dinner :rotfl2:. We will also celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary during this visit. :lovestruc It has always been so wonderful to leave all of the " real world " outside and just enjoy the MAGIC that is WDW. :grouphug: The entire atmosphere is so overpowering that you just become part of it all. I always try to keep some of that special caring and feeling of happiness home with me ( hopefully enough to get me through to the next visit ). So , everyone grab a little bit of that glorious Pixiedust for your self (and some to share) pixiedust: Thank-you , Walt for your Wonderful World Of Disney !! What a legacy you left behind. :wave2:

For me, WDW is about creating memories with my family that will last a lifetime. It's escaping reality for a little while. Being a child again and believing in magic and knowing that no dream is too big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter