What deck do you prefer?

chelseadawn22

Earning My Ears
Do you prefer any certain deck for your stateroom over the others? And why?
We are booked on the 9th deck on the Fantasy, wondering if there are any special reasons to be on any certain deck.
We need a room that has 3 kids beds (fold out/couch) and a queen. We have 5 ppeople .

Thanks

I'll start. I love deck 5. :love: The hallways are wide open, since it's got the theater and kids clubs, instead of narrow like many of the other decks. :crowded: It's also only got a few rooms, so I don't feel like I'm just one door in a row of thousands. Of course I am, but I don't have to see the rest of them anyway. And it's only 1 or 2 flights of stairs from everywhere we go except the pool. And finally, on the classic ships, it's also got the sideways interior rooms, which I definitely prefer over even an ocean view. There you go.

But I don't know that deck 5 has the 'family' rooms that sleep 5.

I liked deck 6. No matter where we were going when we left our room, we could take the stairs, no waiting on elevators. We were on deck 2 our previous cruise and 7 decks up to the pool or Topsiders not doable by stairs!

We have often been on deck 6. Next 2 cruises are on that deck, MC in January on that deck. It suits us!

I have done 3 cruises - 2 DCL and one Carnival and we love deck 7. You can skip the elevators and go up or down a few flights of stairs and be at most places you want to go.:thumbsup2

I'll start. I love deck 5. :love: The hallways are wide open, since it's got the theater and kids clubs, instead of narrow like many of the other decks. :crowded: It's also only got a few rooms, so I don't feel like I'm just one door in a row of thousands. Of course I am, but I don't have to see the rest of them anyway. And it's only 1 or 2 flights of stairs from everywhere we go except the pool. And finally, on the classic ships, it's also got the sideways interior rooms, which I definitely prefer over even an ocean view. There you go.

But I don't know that deck 5 has the 'family' rooms that sleep 5.

I also love deck five. It is convenient to everything.

We like deck 10 on the Dream because it is only one floor to all the stuff on 11. In addition, we are one of a few (or so it seems) that actually like the overhang on the balcony. The noise from above doesn't bother us since we tend to get up early anyways. We also have 3 kids and they found it was convenient to run up to grab a drink, get some food etc. Based on the many threads I've read, you will probably be happy with deck 9 (it tends to be quite popular) since it is between two floors of rooms so it tends to be quieter. :)

We've been on deck 8 starboard with verandahs for all three prior cruises and loved it. This will be our first cruise with inside cabins on deck 7.
I'm a little leery about the inside cabins. :confused3

Deck 7, it's in the middle between the pool decks and the dinning rooms. This goes for both classic and dream ships.

I think we were on Deck 5 or 6 on the Magic & we thought they were great.
Was on Deck 7 of the Fantasy last year & will be on 7 again on 3/9. It was the perfect Deck for us-not too far away from wherever we wanted to go,but far enough away from the noise & activity:)

We were on deck 7 on the Magic and I agree with the PP that it was good for going up the stairs just a few flights or down a few to get to everything - and that would be because the elevators were a nightmare - always took forever and we almost always gave up and took the stairs.
We are booked on the Fantasy for deck 9 - it was recommended to us by the lady at the onboard booking desk on the magic. Her reason for 9 instead of 10 was because 10 is right below the pools and she said people often complain about the noise from the deck above. But I have never sailed on the Fantasy yet so I can't speak from experience.

I have done 3 cruises - 2 DCL and one Carnival and we love deck 7. You can skip the elevators and go up or down a few flights of stairs and be at most places you want to go.:thumbsup2

Another vote for Deck 7 :thumbsup2. After nine cruises, on all 4 ships, we stayed on Deck 7 for seven of those cruises. We love "7" as noted above it's a few flights of stairs to anywhere on the ship...

We've been on deck 5 (SPH) several times, deck 7 (balcony) a couple of times and much prefer deck 2 (oceanview).

I stayed on deck 9 on the Fantasy last summer and I loved it. Only 2 decks up to the pools, cabanas, drink refills and an easy trip downstairs to everything else!! I especially loved the aft stairs that took you right up into Cabanas-yum yum.

I stayed on deck 2 (oceanview) on my past cruise on the fantasy and I loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter