• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What comes stocked in DVC villas?

TikiMan0228

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are prepping our shopping list for our Sept trip. This the first time we are using our DVC at AKL. Do they provide any starter packs of laundry detergent or dish washer tabs? Just trying to get a handle on what we need to order. Thanks!!

55 days!! :smickey:

Soap is included and replenished on your T&T or full cleaning day. There is a list of villa amenities on the member website.

:earsboy: Bill

I'll assume you will be in a 1BR or larger. You will get 1 box on laundry detergent. 1 maybe 2 coffee packs, a few sugar packs.
You will need Mr. Coffee type filters, flat bottom type, and coffee. Liquid dish soap and dishwasher detergent.

They provide 2 or 3 packets of dishwasher detergent and a small bottle of dish soap and a little sponge. You get one single-load box of laundry detergent. You will get a replacement box on Trash and Towel day, and more dishwasher detergent packets if you need them.

You can purchase additional single-load boxes of laundry detergent from housekeeping or buy them in the laundry room. They sell larger boxes/bottles of laundry detergent in the resort store.

New to all the DVC mousekeeping differences. I realize they only do a full cleaning/product replacement on the 4th day. However, do they come by to make beds at all before that time? Or is there absolutely ZERO mousekeeping service until that 4th day?

New to all the DVC mousekeeping differences. I realize they only do a full cleaning/product replacement on the 4th day. However, do they come by to make beds at all before that time? Or is there absolutely ZERO mousekeeping service until that 4th day?

If reservation is 7 nights or less, they do a trash and towel service on the 4th day, longer than 7 nights, they do a full clean on day 4 and T&T on day 8.

Zero mousekeeping other than the above.

The only time mousekeeping comes in to make the bed is as part of a full cleaning which includes changing the bed sheets. As Bill stated, you only get a full cleaning if you stay at least 8 nights. If you stay fewer than 8 nights, you do not get a change of sheets at all during your stay but you will get your towels replaced (along with more soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash) on day 4 of your stay.

renting dvc points 8 night stay.. can you call and ask for more towels at any time? I understand the cleaning schedule now thanks to this thread!

renting dvc points 8 night stay.. can you call and ask for more towels at any time? I understand the cleaning schedule now thanks to this thread!

You will be getting a full clean on day 4 and T&T on day 8 of your stay. Both services, they provide fresh towels. You can ask a housekeeper for extras which you might get for free but officially, you pay for extra towels. If you call housekeeping you pay for extra towels.

The standard service provides fresh towels every 4 days. If you want them replaced more frequently, or you want more than they normally provide, you can get them but they are supposed to charge the guest for them. In the case of towels, a towel pack costs $6.

This is one of the things that is different when staying in DVC (which is a timeshare) vs a Disney hotel -- the DVC/timeshare owners pay for everything (the cost to launder the towels, the cost of the shampoo, soap, etc. that is provided) via our annual dues. To keep the dues as reasonable as possible, a standard amount of amenities is provided to everyone but the cost of any extra towels, shampoo, etc. is charged to the guests who request them. The exceptions are toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap and dishwasher detergent. There is no charge to replenish those items.

And don't forget you will have a washer/dryer in your villa (1 bedroom or larger) or access to the resort laundry rooms with free washer and dryers for those in studios. You do need to provide your own detergent and fabric softener.

The detergent that they provide is a "green" detergent and it fills about 1/3 of the box. If you like real detergent, bring some from home. I bring my Tide.
Anything you ask for you should be charged for. No free extra towels. No free extra shampoo/conditions/shower gel. No free extra detergent. No free extra coffee packs or coffee additions packs (sugar, creamer, etc). BUT, you can get extra toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent or dishwasher detergent.

With an eight night stay (that's nine days), your beds will be made when you arrive and on day four (day one is check in day). They won't touch them any other day unless you pay extra for a full cleaning.

Housekeeping
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

•Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
•Provide fresh bathroom linens.
•Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
•Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
•Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
•Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

•Change the bed linens.
•Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
•Clean the bathroom(s).
•Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

•Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
•Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
•Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
•Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:

•Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
•One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
•Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
•Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:

•Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
•One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
•Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
•Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Room Change Fees:
Room change fee will apply for Member requested room changes after check-in for a different view or room location.

•Deluxe Studio - $30
•One-Bedroom Villa - $45
•Two-Bedroom Villa - $60
•Three-Bedroom Grand Villa - $75

Note: Rates are subject to change

We are new to renting DVC. We re staying only 5 nights, 6 days. So on day 4 we get T&T service only since we are not staying 8 nights. We can tidy up ourselves but my question is will they give us enough towels for 4 days for the number of people in the room? We will be in a 2br villa at OKW with 6 people. I don't mind making the bed up in the am and not having the sheets changed for that amount of time so no big deal but not having enough towels will be a pain. Or I can just throw them in the laundry I guess. Do they only give you one roll of paper towels? And the dish soap and dw soap are they small? I like to bring the dawn pre packed pre soaped dish towels. They are convenient, they pack easily and you use them then throw them out. Anything else you think we will need? We will be getting milk, water, some adult beverages of sorts and breakfast food delivered from GG.

We are new to renting DVC. We re staying only 5 nights, 6 days. So on day 4 we get T&T service only since we are not staying 8 nights. We can tidy up ourselves but my question is will they give us enough towels for 4 days for the number of people in the room? We will be in a 2br villa at OKW with 6 people. I don't mind making the bed up in the am and not having the sheets changed for that amount of time so no big deal but not having enough towels will be a pain. Or I can just throw them in the laundry I guess. Do they only give you one roll of paper towels? And the dish soap and dw soap are they small? I like to bring the dawn pre packed pre soaped dish towels. They are convenient, they pack easily and you use them then throw them out. Anything else you think we will need? We will be getting milk, water, some adult beverages of sorts and breakfast food delivered from GG.
You'll get as many bath towels as there are sleeping spaces. It sleeps nine, so you should get nine. Plus half as many hand towels and the same number of facecloths as bath towels. If you need more paper towels, dish soap or dishwasher detergent, you can ask for more at no extra cost. Dishwasher detergent comes in single use pouches, not small boxes. Dish soap is usually a small bottle of Palmolive (unless they have changed). If they tell you no, tell them you know better. They want you to keep the villa clean. They don't care about your body as much. You'll need your own laundry detergent (you'll get one tiny single use box each time they service your villa) and dryer sheets or fabric softener if you use it. You'll also want to bring coffee filters (flat bottom Mr Coffee style 10-12 cups) and as much coffee as you'll drink. Plus sugar, salt, pepper, coffee creamer or whatever you use in your coffee. You'll only get one small bottle of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner for each bathing location, so you'll probably need to bring some from home. One tiny bar of soap per handwashing sink.

Thank you Deb & Bill for your response.
We are staying at OKW and thinking building 62 would be good for us. It's fairly close to the main building but not too far. Can anyone tell me about building 62 at OKW?

Thank you Deb & Bill for your response.
We are staying at OKW and thinking building 62 would be good for us. It's fairly close to the main building but not too far. Can anyone tell me about building 62 at OKW?
Bldg 62, 63 and 64 were added after they tore down the Commodore's House at OKW (that was the DVC sales office). Those buildings are the only ones with elevators, but they try to save them for guests with medical needs. Those three buildings are probably the most requested buildings at OKW.

Bldg 62, 63 and 64 were added after they tore down the Commodore's House at OKW (that was the DVC sales office). Those buildings are the only ones with elevators, but they try to save them for guests with medical needs. Those three buildings are probably the most requested buildings at OKW.

You have a better chance of getting an area at OKW as opposed to a specific building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter