What CM told me about pin codes

Dudetrue

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I called about specials and a CM told me that pin codes are sometimes sent to people who call them and inquire about rates. She said it may be a way to sweeten the deal. I have never gotten a pin code but I have stayed onsite several times in the past 5 years. I always book through AAA and I wonder if this is the reason for no pin. Because I don't book through Disney. I get the maps and DVD and keep my info current. I also have the Disney Visa. I have called and I hoped it would allow them to send me one but no such luck. Sometimes I wonder if it's AOL since so many people don't use AOL anymore perhaps it's blocked:badpc: I'm booked for next year and hoping for the Visa discount for mid May. Any of these reasons for no pin make sense or does Disney target an area of the country for marketing more than my area?

Seems like if you called and talked to 6 different CMs, you'd get 6 different answers. I've been to DW 21 times and never gotten a PIN. I always book thru Disney, and I call to get rates on a routine basis.....No PIN. My sister has been to DW 1 time and booked her trip thru AAA. She gets a PIN every time PINs go out. Just doesn't seem like there is any rhyme or reason to how PINs go out. I would LOVE to get one, but have pretty much given up. :sad2:

I call a lot and never got a pin until....

...after this years trip. I guess traveling with a large group (9 people, 3 rooms) made us a better target.

SIL, MIL, and myself all got PINs this week.

I call a lot and never got a pin until....

...after this years trip. I guess traveling with a large group (9 people, 3 rooms) made us a better target.

SIL, MIL, and myself all got PINs this week.

Congrats! I hope you can use them!

I just realized that my daughter has an account too. We had to fix it with the cast member who does technical stuff for your account and she said "hold on maybe you have a pin code on your account" to me and my daughter who was on speaker and will be going with me in May. Then we were switched to the Agent who asked me a few questions when I told him I was NOT my daughter but I was fixing her account for her and she was in the room but not feeling well (and too shy to speak) he seemed to get peeved and said there was no pin and we should speak to AAA because we got the best rack rate with AAA discount. I wonder if they want to just sell the reservation and don't want to waste a discount while they aren't getting the sale of the reservation? They probably make commission too, right?

I am still not sure how we got a pin code applied to our vacation. This is our second trip. I had a room at a value booked for late January under the SPD promotion. I called in three days in a row to ask if there was a pin attached to my name. The third time the CM put me on hold to review the reservation, and when she came back she applied a pin! She did try to sell me trip insurance afterwards though, which I declined.

My sister got the FD PIN we are using for this trip. She never calls, or saves trips, or even logs into MDE. The FD PIN that went out from May-July this year had some wording about "because you have been here before".. Her husband got the same PIN via snail mail. Sis likes to remind me that I did everything I could think of the last few years in hopes of getting an FD PIN for this trip, she did nothing and got the PIN we were looking for. :rotfl:

I am still not sure how we got a pin code applied to our vacation. This is our second trip. I had a room at a value booked for late January under the SPD promotion. I called in three days in a row to ask if there was a pin attached to my name. The third time the CM put me on hold to review the reservation, and when she came back she applied a pin!

this happened to some DIsers this summer, called several times asking, told no, kept calling and finally got the FD PIN.

Congrats! I hope you can use them!

I just realized that my daughter has an account too. We had to fix it with the cast member who does technical stuff for your account and she said "hold on maybe you have a pin code on your account" to me and my daughter who was on speaker and will be going with me in May. Then we were switched to the Agent who asked me a few questions when I told him I was NOT my daughter but I was fixing her account for her and she was in the room but not feeling well (and too shy to speak) he seemed to get peeved and said there was no pin and we should speak to AAA because we got the best rack rate with AAA discount. I wonder if they want to just sell the reservation and don't want to waste a discount while they aren't getting the sale of the reservation? They probably make commission too, right?

Thanks. Usually we use the room discount, but this time I think we're going with the FD.

A Mod with tix is around $2400 with the discount, while the FD is $2960. This is for 4 of us. I've never been a big FD person, but I know we'd spend at least $1000 on food (very conservative estimate) over 7 days, so the FD is the much better deal.

I would love to do a deluxe, but even with 35% off, they've pretty much priced me out of the deluxe market unless I hit the lottery or come into some money.

I have signed up for the Disney planning cd's and have gotten my PIN numbers from that. Also have stayed several times going though Disney directly.

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I called about specials and a CM told me that pin codes are sometimes sent to people who call them and inquire about rates. She said it may be a way to sweeten the deal. I have never gotten a pin code but I have stayed onsite several times in the past 5 years. I always book through AAA and I wonder if this is the reason for no pin. Because I don't book through Disney. I get the maps and DVD and keep my info current. I also have the Disney Visa. I have called and I hoped it would allow them to send me one but no such luck. Sometimes I wonder if it's AOL since so many people don't use AOL anymore perhaps it's blocked:badpc: I'm booked for next year and hoping for the Visa discount for mid May. Any of these reasons for no pin make sense or does Disney target an area of the country for marketing more than my area?

We have a Visa and have gotten pins for that. you should call and ask if there are any pins available to you. Also if you book through a travel agent Disney is not allowed to speak to you about your trip you have to do everything through AAA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter