• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what can you make in a HOT POT?

linda_loo

Mouseketeer
Trying to save a few bucks on our next trip, and still accomodate my picky kid's tastes... I was thinking of bringing our hot pot to prepare some of their favorites. I haven't used a hot pot since college, but I seem to recall we made ramen noodles and mac n cheese a lot.

Can I make rice in a hot pot?

What else can you make, that would be travel and hotel-stay friendly?

Not exactly sure what the HOTPOT is, but we use the coffee maker and run hot water through it and we make the instant packs of mac n cheese, oatmeal, grits (yep, from the south) and some other instant meals. This would also work for the noodles. We also take packs of popcorn for the microwave to snack with.

I'm sorry to say this but unless you are at a DVC Home away from Home resort that has a kitchen, cooking is not allowed. There are plenty of other ways to save money and keep the kids happy. Bring pop tarts, little boxes of cereal, those pre made pb&j sands etc.
HTH

DiznNut said:
Not exactly sure what the HOTPOT is, but we use the coffee maker and run hot water through it and we make the instant packs of mac n cheese, oatmeal, grits (yep, from the south) and some other instant meals. This would also work for the noodles. We also take packs of popcorn for the microwave to snack with.

ditto here. :thumbsup2
we bring those detergent strips--sold at Target in the sample section & a small section(which I cut from a regular size)dish sponge to clean out the coffee pot.

we boil/steam hot dogs, too.
as well as the other ones you mentioned. Hot cocoa hot apple cider mix.
We like instant Cream of Rice & Wheat, too. Cup of Noodles & some of the creamier instant brands instant soups are nice, too.

Jean

We've done oatmeal, soups, hot dogs, just about anything in a can will work. :thumbsup2

You should be able to use the microwave and toaster in the food court at the resort so you won't have to cook in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter