What can you get for around $15 at Disney World and/or Universal?

Artygal90

DIS Veteran
To be frank, one of my jobs has been pretty boring this week (like, sorting-paperclips-by-manufacturer levels of boring) and I keep finding myself being tempted to just take a day off. BUT, if I do that, I lose $15 for every hour I don't work, so that's a no-go.

To keep myself motivated, I'm trying to think of all the things I can buy at Disney or Universal with the money I earn with each hour of my day. So, for example, one QS meal at Columbia Harbor House = approximately 1 hour of sorting paperclips. One pair of Minnie ears = 1 hour and 40 minutes of sorting paperclips. Or, going the other way, one hour of sorting paperclips could get me three Mickey premium bars! I know I could do this with my bills and savings goals (e.g. house downpayment = feels like approximately a gajillion hours of sorting paperclips), but Disney is more fun!

Anyone else do this? What other Disney meals, souvenirs, or other treats could I be thinking of? Help me come up with a list!

a drink and maybe a snack at EPCOT

Maybe instead of looking at it by indiviudal hour, find something that you REALLY want, and divide it by how many hours you need to work to fund that item

$15 in Disney? hmmmmm let me see- a new coffee mug of course! (well,some of them are still $15 lol)

3 Mickey pretzels, a new mug, cheeseburger at a quick service, autograph book. I also like the idea of a bigger item and figuring out how many hours you need to work for that. Firework dessert party = 4.5 hours of work.

At Universal, you could get a lot of Florean Fortescue's ice cream, a Hogwarts Christmas ornament, a meal at the Three Broomsticks, some wizard candy, or a 4 pack of house tumblers (I replace mine every trip!).

For Universal - two butterbeers (yum!) or around 15 Voodoo donuts (double yum!)

Oh I forgot Voodoo Donut opened up! Definitely adding that to the list! We wanted to go to the flagship location on our anniversary trip this past January but ran out of time. That's a must-do for the next visit.

Thats like six gallons of gas. How close would that get you to the mouse?

Err....not very far, unfortunately, with my car's mediocre fuel efficiency - just to my favorite highway rest stop, or about 2.75 hours into what would be a 14 hour road trip. But thanks for the suggestion, since you made me realize that $15 would cover the fees on any plane tickets I'm able to buy with points, plus even a coffee at the airport before takeoff!

a drink and maybe a snack at EPCOT

Maybe instead of looking at it by indiviudal hour, find something that you REALLY want, and divide it by how many hours you need to work to fund that item

3 Mickey pretzels, a new mug, cheeseburger at a quick service, autograph book. I also like the idea of a bigger item and figuring out how many hours you need to work for that. Firework dessert party = 4.5 hours of work.

Yes, I started thinking about it more and realized I could buy a Halloween Party ticket in September for a mere 5 hours of work! And a full day's worth of labor would get me brunch at California Grill including tip and a Bloody Mary. Or a night at Pop (with a decent discount). or...so many other things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter