What can I do with a reservation that is under a TA?

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation with Costco as the TA. As noted in various threads, Costco's ability to service Disney cruises is diminished right now and they are difficult to contact, similar to DCL. I am after PIF date.

If I want to change staterooms on a cruise, can I do it directly with DCL or do I have to go through Costco?

If I want to switch to a different cruise in the future, can I do it directly with DCL or do I have to go through Costco?

My next cruise is booked with Dreams Unlimited, I just have to figure out how to get through this currently booked one.

I have a reservation with Costco as the TA. As noted in various threads, Costco's ability to service Disney cruises is diminished right now and they are difficult to contact, similar to DCL. I am after PIF date.

If I want to change staterooms on a cruise, can I do it directly with DCL or do I have to go through Costco?

If I want to switch to a different cruise in the future, can I do it directly with DCL or do I have to go through Costco?

My next cruise is booked with Dreams Unlimited, I just have to figure out how to get through this currently booked one.
I can’t speak to Costco specifically, but I have only ever been able to book activities, order gifts, and do online check-in stuff myself.

Just about everything else had go through my TA.

Any change related to the stateroom must go through the TA -- changing stateroom or category, adding or removing passengers, changing date. Essentially anything involving a change in fare.

You need to go through Costco but I did this recently and it really wasn't bad. I didn't have much wait at all getting through to Costco and then they had a different number to use to call Disney. Even if you could call DCL directly you may well find that you wait longer getting through to them than costco does.

There is a link to a google form to complete with your DCL requests on the Costco travel site. I just completed the form for a placeholder and Costco called me back two days later to tell me all my requests had been completed with DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter