What bargain have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by wishesuponastar, Sep 15, 2018.

1. wishesuponastar

wishesuponastar DIS Veteran

Today, DD17 and I went to Goodwill. She found 2 men’s shirts for $5 each. She wanted men’s dressy shirts. I came home and showed them to hubby and he was impressed at the good quality.

dish rag likes this.
  2. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I went to Staples for photo paper and it is usually $22.99 but it was on sale for $13.99 so I bought two!

wishesuponastar and PollyannaMom like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mamamary

mamamary DIS Veteran

Last week Kohl’s had some really cheap sheer curtains that I needed. Two packs on clearance for $1.99 each. Wish I needed more because they had a few left.

5. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

I scored a perfect top on clearance yesterday!

Kitty 34 and wishesuponastar like this.
  6. Jaspers

Jaspers ♪♫♬♪♫♬

I found two beautiful handmade hair accessory flowers for 2 euros today. They're really well made and the ones in stores always cost a lot more.

PollyannaMom and wishesuponastar like this.
  7. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

I went to CJ Banks last night and got 4 tops and a jacket for under $50.

8. mnrose

mnrose Queen of all she surveys

Not exactly a thing, but a trip. I booked a two week trip months ago to Mexico for my husband and I. I happened to noticed (while researching a trip for another couple) that the price seemed to have drop. So, I repriced what my package would cost, and it was about $475 cheaper. Now, I had put a deposit down of $400, and when I read the website (Delta Vacations) it seemed to say that I *could* cancel, but would lose my deposit. Well, I'd still save $75 so why not? But, I wanted to make sure there were no hidden cancellation fees that I'd be hit with, so I called them, explained my plan, and said "can I do this?" The representative, who was friendly as can be, said "well, I can't rebook the airfare for you, but lets see about the hotel in your package....oh! it looks like it's $680 cheaper than before....want me to rebook?" OMG yes! I was one happy camper. That's pretty significant savings. Everything exactly the same...same room category, same flights, etc, but just cheaper. Score. And, I will add that I'm even a more firmly committed Delta flyer than before. :-)

9. ZephyrHawk

ZephyrHawk Confirmed Disneyphile

Found a cute pair of shorts for $2.60 the other day. 90% off.

10. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

Got a pack of 20 Papermate Flair pens for 7.99 down from 17.99 on Thursday. Love stationery bargains!

11. dosekies

dosekies DIS Veteran

went to Walgreens and found summer clearance 90% off so I got two really cute pool floats for 1.99 each! at target yesterday the same exact ones were on clearance for 14 bucks

12. Ben E N

Ben E N DIS Veteran

I couldn't find dress shirts that fit my arms and shoulders anywhere. The only option I could find was at Destination XL. $77 for one shirt that would fit my arms, but then had to be tailored down in the stomach area.
    Just before giving in, I gave one last search and found shirts that fit perfectly at KC Pennies for $12 each! I felt like I won the lottery, and am now finally comfortable in my clothes.

Oh, and I booked spring break flights for my family of four for $1700. That sounds expensive until you consider that later in the day that I booked them, the same flights were going for $2800. A few hours saved me over $1000.

wishesuponastar likes this.
  13. dotfurio

dotfurio DIS Veteran

I got some Polish pottery at an estate sale for about 1/4 of the price I would have paid for it online.

firefly_ris and wishesuponastar like this.
  14. tinatark

tinatark DIS Veteran

Brooks Brother's - a couple of pairs of their REALLY nice men's shorts for 80% off (originally 79.90) and a ladies dress for 80% off (originally 99.90).

15. MrsCobraBubbles

MrsCobraBubbles Life's too short to wear pants all the time

Bought a pack of edible bubbles at Target, kept my kids busy for a long time.

16. AuntieMe3

AuntieMe3 Mouseketeer

I bought my first name brand purse. :rolleyes1 It was on clearance, on sale for 70% off with an additional 20% off because it was on clearance. :thumbsup2 Still WAY more than I normally would pay for a purse but I really liked it and was on vacation at the time so decided to splurge. :laughing:

17. Immadismom

Immadismom Mouseketeer

Darn, some of these are really good. I’m a huge bargain hunter, and my family knows it. I recently hit some clearance at TJ Maxx and got 4-packs of the body poof sponges for $1 each, normally $4 each. Stashed those away to add to Christmas gifts of body wash from B&BW. Also got cute cold/hot pack bags, the old fashioned kind with the round twist open top, for $2 each. Added those to the gift stash. And, DH found some great work shirts from Belk for $12 each. He got 4, for basically the price of 1.

18. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

A grater for $.90

I've been looking for one like this (it's an old style one that isn't made any longer). I've only been able to find them at antiques places (for like $8.00, no thank you).

Just happened to see this one in a thrift store near Pismo Beach last week and snatched it up. Brand new looking, too.

wishesuponastar and firefly_ris like this.
  19. mrsheppo

mrsheppo Mom to 11 and still partially sane

DH needed some exterior paint to redo our mailbox post. While he was browsing at Lowes, I went to the area that has the mismatch paint. I found a quart of paint in a dark brown that was originally $26 for $3. He was very happy with my bargain

20. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

Found in our garden shed a long piece of PVC pipe we needed for a plumbing repair (when my dishwasher backed up and flooded the kitchen), saving us the money of buying it in the first place! ~$50 or so saved! :D

21. debknight

debknight On the road to nowhere...

Picture? Please.