What are your favorite TS restaurants on a budget?

Mom22girls56

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to get stuff together for our November trip and while we are not on a SUPER tight budget, we are a family of 5 so we do have somewhat of a budget. We have 3 children and the grandparents will be traveling with us this time, so I'm wanting restaurants that kind of suit everyone.Thanks for your input!

I've seen a coupon for Rainforest Cafe floating around that is for a $.99 kids meal. I don't know if you can use more than one, but that would take a bit off the bill at least.

Consider doing your big table service meal for the day at lunch and getting a counter service dinner. Lunch entrees at TS restaurants often run less than dinner entrees. Once you have decided on restaurants, check the menus online to see if that's the case.

Getting pizzas at Via Napoli is economical (in the Disney sense) provided that you can get some sort of consensus among several of the diners so that you can split a few pies. If everyone gets their own personal pizza, the savings evaporate. But if you split a couple of larges, you really can't do much better than that at WDW for TS food.

50's Prime Time isn't a bad option either especially if you don't mind splitting dishes. The amount of food they give you is quite generous, and splitting is a great option, especially at lunch. If lunch isn't your "big meal of the day", then 4 orders split among 5 people is more than enough.

50s PT, Rose & Crown, and Via Napoli were the 3 lowest priced places from my last trip. The Plaza is another lower priced choice.

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch has a nice selection of entrees that are relatively inexpensive.

Epcot: Rose & Crown is among the less expensive places. Also Via Napoli is pretty reasonable if you're paying OOP and want to split a pizza.

DHS: Sci Fi is fun and we enjoyed the sandwiches.

DTD: Raglan Road has wonderful choices.

Resorts: Grand Floridian Cafe has good lunch offerings, but both times we went the service was very slow.

For TS breakfast our favorite is Kona Cafe - the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes and the Big Kahuna are yummy.

I second purple figment's suggestion of Kona Cafe for the best bargain TS breakfast if you want to include a breakfast time TS meal. DH & I make our MK day a 2 meal day with several snacks. We have a tiny breakfast in our room to start the day, something like a small yogurt and a granola bar. Then we have a Kona ADR between 10 and 10:30 am. The Big Kahuna is enough food to feed 2 adults and it only costs $11.99: Big Kahuna - French toast, Pancakes topped with Pineapple sauce and Macadamia Nut Butter, eggs, home fried potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage. We always carry nuts and raisins to snack on during the day. And we eat dinner early (around 4:30 pm). Almost always get a Mickey bar from a cart in the evening. Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill are just CS but are a great value with very good food in fairly large quantities depending on what you order. You could probably do some sharing there too unless everyone is a pretty big eater. This year we snagged a BOG dinner ADR so we won't be saving money on dinner but we'll be able to experience a brand new restaurant.

The Plaza! :thumbsup2. Large portions that are easy to share and really good prices. Also the food is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter