What are your favorite Southern California beaches?

we love Disneyland

Earning My Ears
I was wondering what the best beaches are in Southern California. Ive heard a little about ones near Disneyland but what about near Seaworld and Disneyland. I have never been to the beach in California and would love to hear about them. Thanks

Not an expert by any means, but I really like Laguna Beach for the quiet ambience, Santa Monica if you like the pier and an upbeat atmosphere and I love to go bike riding or rollerblading there. Hoenstly, I like San Diego beaches better, but I'm sure there are many different opinions on that one! I think Newport beach is kinda cute as well.

Jenn

Okay - I am a little biased. I love San Diego beaches. Mission Bay, near Sea World, is a lot of fun. Every weekend there are people flying kites. You can also rent jet skis and boats to play in the bay. There is a playground that is always packed with kids.

bahia_top_with_blue_logo.JPG

www.mbac.nu

If you are looking for ocean waves, one of my favorites is Cardiff. You can park right next to the beach and restrooms are convenient. There are tidepools to explore and stores just across the highway.

Large113.jpg

Another San Diego beach was voted one of the top 10 beaches by The Travel Channel. The beach near The Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island is great.

coronadoatnight.jpg

For beaches in Orange County (where Disneyland is located) my favorite is Newport Beach. Lots of action and the Fun Zone was my favorite as a kid. Parking is at a premium in Newport.

twphoto3crop.jpg

If you would like more specifics about any beaches, please email me.
:D

logo.gif

[This message was edited by Tink33 on 04-04-01 at 11:10 AM.]

Oh Thank you Tink33 and everyone else, I was hoping to go to a beach where my boys can play in the water and my husband and I can enjoy the beautiful view. The more I think about the more I think i would like to go to the beach in San diego or on the way down to Seaworld somewhere. Thanks again for your help, Lori

Anaheim is smack dab in the middle of Orange County, where DL is located.

For fun beaches in So Cal, Laguna is great! It has a fun little park right on the beach, fab shops, galleries and restaurants. It's very laid back. I work in Laguna so I'm partial! ;)

Depending on how old they are and how well they swim will determine if you go to a surfing beach like Newport or Huntington.

Depending on time of day, it would take about 30-35 mins to get to any of them.

Great LA Beaches are:

Redondo (grew up there, partial again!) Fun pier, great restaurants, etc.

Santa Monica is great too. The upside to going here is the Prominade, great shops and restaurants, is close by.

Plan on 40-60 mins for LA beaches from Orange County.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful trip!! :)

jump1.gif
All work and no play makes Lisa a silly girl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter