What are you passionate about?

HMGar

Mouseketeer
You are planning a Disney World trip. What is it about that trip that excites you the most? What are you getting giddy about?

My top three are the parade at Magic Kingdom, pin trading, and walking down Main Street soaking up the atmosphere.

Oh yeah, walking down Main Street for the first time once you arrive is wonderful. It's like coming home. Love that feeling!!

I just like the escape from the real world .... I know that sounds foolish because its just another tourist destination like any other in some ways. But Disney has a way of slightly losing yourself. You get picked up at the airport, taken to a resort in the park and for the duration of your stay you relax. No worry about meals or transportation -unless you are one who obsesses over the minucia of your vacation. We get the park hopper so we come and go as we please. Its about FUN and RELAXATION. Thats the appeal. When I think of a certain moment or place that I visualize, its in a pool back at the resort. The kids begging for a few more minutes to stay in the pool when its close to bedtime. :thumbsup2

I just can't wait for that first walk through the tunnel to Main St. with that view of the castle. Be it at DL or WDW. It never gets old and always feels like the first time.

When I'm at Disneyland, I can't wait to see Fantasmic. I was a little diappointed in the one at WDW, so if we see it, wonderful, but if not, my heart doesn't break. But we never miss it at Disneyland.

1. Having some adults only time with my husband.

2. Taking our best friend kyle with us for his first trip to the world.

3.Eating at new places and old favorites like 50's prime time.

Experiencing a new resort (Boardwalk Villas this time!)

Riding Expedition Everest!!! :love:

Being on vaycay with my best friend forever!!! :cheer2:

Oh also...the monorail...idk why I like it so much :confused3

1) Trying out a new resort/hotel.
2) Watching my DD's eyes light up when we arrive.
3) Experiencing the "magic."
4) Chatting with the wonderful CM's.

Music
Fireworks
Castle at night
Riding train in MK
Monorail
FOOD
Simply everything ;)

For me:
- The escape from reality and being able to be a kid again
- Walking down Main Street and listening to the awesome music
- Stepping off of the plane at MCO and heading down towards the ME desk

I asked my DH this same question and his response was:
- The Food
- The Rides
- Escaping reality for a week (he loves not knowing what is going on in the "real" world while on vacation)

- Driving under the WDW archway sign
- Boarding a MK bound Disney bus, hearing "We're on our way to the Magic Kingdom"
- Being on Main Street, seeing that huge castle I always dream about
- Stopping by the Partners statue and silently say "Thanks" to Walt for creating this magical place.
- Seeing the parades
- Talking to CMs
- People-watching. Seeing kids having fun when they meet their idols, get a balloon or whatever.
- Just hearing Mickey's voice
- Browsing through the Emporium on Main Street or World of Disney at DTD
- Getting some hugs and autographs of my favorite characters, Baloo, Tigger and Mickey that is.
- Swimming in the resort pool. Summer only lasts for about 3 months in Switzerland, so it's fun to be at a warm place while it is winter here.
- Seeing "Wishes" as many times as possible, right next to the Partners statue
- Since I always travel in November, MVMCP is another must-do. The music, the snow falling on Main Street, the gorgeous castle lights, the characters in their christmas outfits... it was so great being a part of that.

My passion runs deep when it comes to Disney. None more so then when walking in MK with my GC. September will be a first time for GS Michael. (5) I can't wait. It will be a 1st for his brother Joseph too. (1)

For me it isn't so much about the parks and attractions anymore. It's the overall feeling of just being there. The airport, ME, the resorts, the parks, the restaurants, DTD, the people, the CMs, the weather. It all factors in for me and I feel happy, relaxed and grateful. :cloud9:

For me, it is 2 fold.

It brings back a rush of memories of my childhood trips there even though much has changed.

Also seeing my kids and nieces and nephews faces all thoughout the week.

It will be my baby boy's first trip this year and even at 13 months he is a Mickey freak.

Knowing the kids are all ultra-happy, there is no pricetag for that, that is why I never complain out resort prices or ticket prices, yeah it hurts the wallet but the moments and memories are worth way more to me than the money. :thumbsup2

I love everything about Disney. The parks, the rides, the resorts, the characters, the restaurants, the shops, the treats, the music. The overall feeling of just being there. I'm even passionate about the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when the decision is made that you are going to go. The way I feel on that morning we get up and pack all the kids in the minivan and set out for Disney. Ahhh... that is a feeling I crave! I know the happiness and excitement my family feels too...and that all factors in. It's a great feeling!

1) ToT
2) Seeing Mickey and Minnie
3) Watching the parades and waving to everyone
4) Acting like a kid, running from ride to ride with my 17 year old daughter!! She hasn't been since she was six and she can't wait to ride all the "big" rides she missed last time!!:banana:

What's not to love about Disney??!!:lovestruc

For me I love meeting the characters.

Next trip I am on a mission to meet Mary Poppins, I always seem to miss her.
:mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter