What are you like in a grocery store?

I dither a bit over products, prices, and stuff like that. I try to plan menus in advance and always have a detailed list, but yeah. I'm a ditherer.

I prefer to know the store layout well, so I can write my list in aisle order and not do a lot of criss-crossing.

And I like stores where the staff and other patrons say hello to each other.

Last edited:
I used to love it! I would have a mental list, but would work the whole store.

Now I'm anxious with the crowds. Pickup and delivery only other than a quick Kroger dash.

I started getting anxiety several years ago just walking into stores. When Covid hit I started doing grocery pickup and never stopped. If I do have to go into a store I know what I’m looking for, I get it, and get out. I use to love browsing but I just can’t do it anymore.

I consider myself a good shopper. I go thru the weekly ads (Publix and Kroger) and make my list according to what is on sale and BOGO's and try to combine with coupons when I can. I have a list and I pretty much stick to it. I do self checkout at Kroger because most of the time, items do not ring up correctly. I don't have that problem at Publix.

Quick. We do our grocery shopping at 7 am Sunday morning. We hit Walmart Neighborhood Market, then the local grocery chain. Yesterday we were home by 7:50 am after having dropped $100 between the two stores.
When the pandemic started we started shopping at 6 am on Sunday morning. We have since pushed it back an hour. But back at the start of the pandemic, many stores set aside their first couple of hours for senior citizens and people who needed assistance. That drove our daughter nuts because she likes to shop early but had to wait until the special hours were over.

Quick. We do our grocery shopping at 7 am Sunday morning. We hit Walmart Neighborhood Market, then the local grocery chain. Yesterday we were home by 7:50 am after having dropped $100 between the two stores.
I am also an early Sunday shopper. Our Publix opens at 7 am. I make a list from the weekly ad in the order the items are placed in the store, and get only what is on the list. I can usually be in and out in about 20 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter