What are you having for your

Frozen pizza.

I made a 7 hour round trip to drive my son back to school today. And this mom is tired. :faint:

But corned beef really sounds good. Maybe later in the week........

I know corned beef is not "really Irish", but I'm 1/2 American-Irish and it is a tradition for my family.:)

A Rueben casserole.

Bottom layer is sauerkraut. Then cubes of rye bread. Then cut up pieces of sliced corned beef from the deli. Bag of shredded swiss cheese. Top with bottle of 1000 Island dressing. Bake 350 about 30 minutes.

Also good if you have leftover brisket. Just cut the beef into small chunks.

I know corned beef isn't really Irish.

Jim

P.S. Oh yeah, "Irish Potato" candy for dessert.

Pork chops, cabbage, roasted veggies. I hate corned beef.

Oops! The pork chops didn't thaw completely in the fridge so I guess we'll be having that tomorrow. It's cold and rainy here in Atlanta so I whipped up a pot of chili, instead. Not typically Irish, but it's close enough to a stew to qualify I suppose.

Company cafeteria had corned beef (cut from a whole brisket), cabbage, red potatoes, and carrots.

However, I understand some consider this almost the equivalent of fried chicken and watermelon when it's associated with the Irish. And fried chicken and watermelon was actually on the menu at a local Catholic girls' school in honor of Black History Month. Caused a big PR mess.

I went to a Catholic school as a kid. Most of our teachers were Irish nuns with the accent and everything. We were expected to wear green on SPD. Our uniforms were green, but it was supposed to be something in addition to that, like a pin. That was also where I learned how to pronounce "Eithne" - i.e. like the singer Enya.

Cottage pie (for those who don't know- it's Shepard's pie with beef instead of lamb) peas (green) beer (foamy apple juice for the little uns) soda bread, great iced cupcakes with shamrock sprinkles . . .
After having a "parade" down our street decked to the 9s and dancing jigs to Pandora's St Patrick's Day station.
While watching Disney's Darby O'Gill and the Little People.
Yep. My K stands for Kathleen - kiss me, I'm Irish (partially/descent)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter