What are you eating at Animal Kingdom?

jreeves628

Mouseketeer
I wasn't able to get Yak & Yeti reservations on our Animal Kingdom day and I'm having trouble planning our meals for that day. What are your favorite things to eat for:
Breakfast:
Snack:
Lunch:

Satuli Canteen! Every time we go to AK, we say we'll eat elsewhere...and always end up at Satuli for QS lunch!
I keep wanting to try the BBQ pork fries from the cart, but missed them. Night Blossoms are yummy drinks.
Check the mobile order menus for any seasonal desserts/treats.
Never eat breakfast in parks, so no idea about that.

Last week we rope dropped FOP and Navi then hit Pongu Pongu for a breakfast sandwich with a Pongu Lumpia. Hit the spot before our trek to Everest where we rode 10x in a row! We cancelled Yak n Yeti TS and instead did the QS which we later did Tiffins for dinner. I think AK has far better options than MK.

Is it better to just do grocery delivery for breakfast then?

we typically always do breakfast in the room - or sometimes "first breakfast" if it's a super early morning - and we want to go somewhere special for breakfast (O'Hana I miss you) just some bagel and cream cheese or pop tarts etc - we are DVC and always have a fridge and sometimes also a kitchen. That helps. But as early as AK is opening - i would suggest a simple nosh in the morning to keep you steady and get you through to around 11 ish for snack time - there's not a whole lot besides Starbucks open in the AM - and the lines can get insane.

Alternatively if you don't want to get into the parks early - lot's of excellent resort options for breakfast.

Breakfast before the park. We bring or buy a danish, granola bars, bread w/ PB and cream of wheat. When we have a freezer we’ll do breakfast sandwiches. Coffee pick me up in the park mid morning.

Definitely Satuli Canteen for lunch with mobile ordering. So delicious!

For snacks, check out the holiday treats or try the shop by Safari that has lots of yummy baked goods.

Breakfast:
Pastry and coffee from the QS at my hotel. I'm not wasting prime am ride time on food.

Snack:
Refilled bucket o' popcorn. Or a frozen Yak Attack from the "Quality Beverages" window when it's hot out.

Lunch:
I really like Yak&Yeti too. Do you have a Landry's Card? That will deal with the no reservations issue maybe? Don't really know how that's working in this apocalyptic wasteland... If not Yak&Yeti, we've had great lunches at Rainforest Cafe and Satu'li Canteen.

Rainforest Cafe is solid and fun and Landry's cards help with lines.

Satu'li is refreshingly different with the meat and bowl thing.

If they re-open Pizzafari has the standard mediocre Disney personal pizzas. Sometimes you just want bread with sauce and cheese.

Flame Tree BBQ is kinda blech steam tray liquid smoke pork strands with burnt sugar tomato sauce - don't do it!!!!

Its not really long of a day ever at AK.

Breakfast you can grab at the resort quick or you could grab something right near the entrance to the Safari at the little booth.
Lunch you can hit up Flame Tree or Satuli
Dinner you will be out of the park and can hit up really any of the 100s of food options around WDW

I see you put a snack? I guess I wouldn't really eat breakfast until like 9 or 10 at which point I would have lunch when I was actually hungry again. If you needed something late in the day before you left I would just get something based on where I am at in the park.

We have done many meals at Flame Tree BBQ. They are very good and portions can be shared. Yak and Yeti also very good. Can't wait to try Satu'li Canteen.

Breakfast: the only breakfast I've had there was at Tusker House, which is now closed, so I'm no help with that, sorry.
Snack: if you're not allergic to nuts, try the cinnamon-glazed pecans/almonds at Drinkwallah stand in Asia.
Lunch: Satuli Canteen for sure. (Flame Tree Barbecue food is good, but you will be hounded throughout your entire meal by real birds wanting your food!)

Lunch:
I really like Yak&Yeti too. Do you have a Landry's Card? That will deal with the no reservations issue maybe? Don't really know how that's working in this apocalyptic wasteland... If not Yak&Yeti, we've had great lunches at Rainforest Cafe and Satu'li Canteen.

Rainforest Cafe is solid and fun and Landry's cards help with lines.

I do have a Landry's card. I didnt realize that would help not having a reservation!

Pre Covid the card has worked. Not sure about now. We snagged a reservation just in case.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter