What are these Pennies

Jager_mom

Mouseketeer
I keep hearing you all talk about?

I am a beginner when it comes to DL and would like to know what they are.

You mean pressed pennies? They have them at most amusement parks and zoos. Anyway, it's a machine that takes a penny and heats and presses it out into an elongated coin with a design pressed into it. They cost 51 cents (2 quarters and the penny).

They are really neat also. I think you can get a list at the Town Hall so you know where they are all located. Also the DL hotels have them too. They have different things pressed on them at each location.

Jager_mom said:
I keep hearing you all talk about?

I am a beginner when it comes to DL and would like to know what they are.

Check out the web site www.parkpennies.com (or www.pressedpennies.com).
This is a site devoted to pressed pennies at the DL resorts. Most machines have 3 designs to choose from. There were 51 new designs released for the 50th celebration reflecting "Magical Moments", one for each year between 1955 and 2005. One of the sticky threads at the top of this board lists the locations of the machines for all of the new penny designs. Naturally, my DS insisted on collecting all 51 of the new ones, as well as a pressed penny book to put them in.

These pennies make fairly cheap souveniers. We always try to bring a nice handful of shiny pennies with us on our trips.

My DH is a penny squisher, and we did all 51 50th anniversary pennies and got the book too. It's inexpensive AND fun!

CalGal- the penny squishing experts tell you that the best squishers are actually pre- 1982 pennies....
http://www.pennycollector.com/ :wave2:

alyssa810 said:
My DH is a penny squisher, and we did all 51 50th anniversary pennies and got the book too. It's inexpensive AND fun!

We are looking forward to getting the 50th pennies. Where do you find the storage book? Are there internet sites where you can buy & sell ones from other parks? :earsgirl:

My DD loves pressed pennies and she has 1 book from WDW filled and then she also bought a book at the Kennedy Space Center when we were there in June that is partially full also.

Is there a special book they are selling at DL for the 50th anniversary and if so where are they selling them? I know DD will want one if they have one! I better make sure we have a few rolls of quarters and enough pennies when we go lol.

Cheryl

Cheryl N. WI said:
Is there a special book they are selling at DL for the 50th anniversary and if so where are they selling them? Cheryl

There is a special 50th book and most every store has it - even the carts. I wish I would've started this earlier in our vacation, it was so much fun for my boys. We also enjoyed pin trading a lot. I bought a grab bag of pins online and the kids would trade one each day. So much fun! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter