What are the chances of getting walk up tix for pearl harbor?

glencoe

DIS Veteran
We want to visit PH, especially the Arizona on Sat. July 22. I have read mixed things.

Due to an illness I missed my window to pre-purchase/reserve tix for the arizona. I checked into tours, however we have a rental and the tour out of Aulani is not available on Sat. 7/22.

Other tours all leave from waikiki which seems redundant to drive in the opposite direction of PH, to get on a bus to all the way back. Plus we also want to do the swap meet on Sat 7/22 and if we are on a bus....no go. Tours do not allow any members of a party to meet at PH, everyone has to go on the bus. Going back on the bus is not a big deal we could peel off...but our rental car would be in waikiki!!

All I really want is the tickets!! I have multi-tasked this and am at a loss.

We are prepared to get up really early on 7/22 and get walk up tickets....what are the chances?

This is how we did it when we went. Just drove over there early and got the tix. Spent the morning doing all of the other stuff before it was our time to do the Arizona. I wanna say we got there around 7-730 and our Arizona time was like 11:30.

There are also tickets released 24 hours ahead. I have no idea how many, and I'm sure it will be the same feeding frenzy as the 2 month window where you will have to be logged on ready to click in right at 7:00 AM (HST), but if the timing works for you and you can be online, I would try that option the day before. You have nothing to lose. All the details are at Recreation.gov. Good luck.

One note on walk-up tickets: your entire party needs to be present. In other words, you can't go on behalf of your family and get say 5 tickets, go back to the resort to pick up the later sleepers, and then return to Pearl Harbor.

Other tours all leave from waikiki which seems redundant to drive in the opposite direction of PH, to get on a bus to all the way back. Plus we also want to do the swap meet on Sat 7/22 and if we are on a bus....no go. Tours do not allow any members of a party to meet at PH, everyone has to go on the bus. Going back on the bus is not a big deal we could peel off...but our rental car would be in waikiki!!

FWIW, Discover Hawaii tours has a Pearl Harbor/Swap Meet tour. We did this tour with them last September, but from our hotel in Waikiki. It worked out well but was a very long day - they picked us up at 6:30am and had us at Pearl Harbor by 7:30am for a 9am Arizona tour time. They handled the tickets for us and passed them out when we arrived. We were there until about 11am and then they drove us to the Swap Meet and we had two hours there. We did some sightseeing on the drive back to Waikiki and we ran into traffic due to a festival, so we didn't make it back to our hotel until 4pm.

Two weeks ago on Saturday we got in the walk up line at 7:30 and got 8 am tickets. I was pretty shocked, but that was our very recent experience! YMMV.

Was able to get 24 hour advance tickets last month pretty easily, at least for 11am time, 8 am was gone in a flash

You either have to get there early when they open at the ticket window around 7 am or go online 24 hours in advance and get them that way, but you must be on time and efficient. Also check to see if it is cruise ship day. If there are cruises in Honolulu, tickets could be very hard or impossible to get.

This is what we did. We toured PH on our first full day in Oahu. We are from the east coast so I was up super early and waited in line @6:00a...Was third in line. We wanted to stay at the resort in the AM and tour PH in the afternoon. I was able to get 5 tickets (luckily, as all members of the party are supposed to be there in line) for a return time @ 1:30pm. Worked perfect, we enjoyed the pool at the resort until noon and drove to PH, did the Arizona and toured the rest after. Back at the resort for dinner.

There are also tickets released 24 hours ahead. I have no idea how many, and I'm sure it will be the same feeding frenzy as the 2 month window where you will have to be logged on ready to click in right at 7:00 AM (HST), but if the timing works for you and you can be online, I would try that option the day before. You have nothing to lose. All the details are at Recreation.gov. Good luck.

This. Make sure you set up your account on recreation.gov ahead of time. Good luck!

if you can't snag tickets at the 24hr window, then make sure you are there early, it opens at 7am, I got there at 745am and ended up with a 1pm ticket, so I would say no later than 630am, course this will vary according to when you are there season wise. I got my ticket and hen went over to the swap meet, and was there til 1130am-12pm, and saw roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the meet, then went back to the Arizona, and toured the sub, the memorial and the USS Missouri til about 430pm.

every time I've been to the Arizona, I've walked up mid to late afternoon and had no trouble getting a few tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter