• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the best things about Epcot?

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey everyone! You all were a ton of help with our show about the worst things about DHS, so I thought I'd come back and pick your brains again, but this time with the best things about Epcot! We already did the worst show and we said the worst things were constant festivals, drunks in t-shirts, lack of a cohesive theme, and... I'm blanking on the fourth thing haha. There's obviously allowed to be some crossover, so I'm interested in hearing what you have to say. I'm sure that festivals will probably be on your list of best things...

Best things about Epcot is how unique it is. You have the world showcase concept which allows exploration of different cultures. Epcot has lost its way a bit. It’s still very much enjoyable to just hang out though. I love to go watch voices of liberty or grab a bite to eat somewhere. It’s more of a relaxed park compared to DHS or MK.

Its size and crowd flow patterns.

Kidcot stations.

The various scavenger hunts for different festivals.

(Those have kept my kids entertained for hours trip after trip.)

Best venue for nighttime spectacular viewing of any of the parks.

Epcot gets attacked a lot but really a few not-so-quick fixes and it will be in great shape. And luckily most of those issues will be addressed in the next few years!

Once you get past the deserted feeling entrance area around the innovations hubs, the park is in great shape in my mind.

My favorite things are memories of Future World as a child. I still credit visits to FW in the 80s as making me into the person I am today. All of World Showcase is great. The food is great. And the festivals(minus the crowds) are great. I prefer the Flower and Garden festival myself. F&W is just too darn popular. Strolling WS with no real agenda near park closing before strolling back to an Epcot area resort is one of my favorite WDW things ever.

runDisney Events - Epcot’s a great park to run through to stop for photos at empty pavilions and topiaries.

Just watched the worst of HS show, and piggybacking off of that one, unlike at HS, there are still a few slower "grandma" rides at Epcot.

I like just walking around World Showcase, seeing the different pavilions, and all the shopping/dining options.

We're big fans of Food&Wine, catch Illuminations multiple times per trip, can't wait for the new show. Epcot is actually 2 parks, a short stroll from Board Walk where we always stay. We hit another park at RD then hop to WS by 1 pm every day the graze around the world during F&W. We won't be making any TS ressies again this trip.

Bill From PA

WIDE PATHWAYS. Seriously, even at it's most crowded the wide pathways around the showcase help so much.

And I like eating/drinking my way through the world.

Grey Goose slushies.
Gran Marnier slushies

We are probably odd balls and spend more time in Epcot than other parks. It's the reason we get hoppers, my husband ONLY wants to eat in epcot for dinner.

The food is a standout, as is all the space. Even when crowded, it doesn't feel as crowded as most other parks (well, except on a F&W evening in world showcase). I love Spaceship Earth. It looks so amazing, like it was painted on the sky! It's just an awe-inspiring piece of architecture.

For me the World Showcases are THE best part of EPCOT. For our anniversary in 2001, I told my husband I wanted to spend our 10th in 11 different countries! He knew exactly what I meant! :love: The experience of talking to someone directly from the country is amazing! And I can't wait to share that with my son this June! :cool1:

For me it is partly sentimental. When planning for my first trip I read that it is best to do EPCOT on your first day and I continued to plan that way for the next 20 years/trips, so walking up to the Spaceship Earth entrance is one of my "I'm really here" happiness triggers. I also enjoy how spread out it is and the kind of random variety of non-ride attractions, as well as the variety of food choices that are available. Now during my trips I hop over to EPCOT almost every evening and finish the day with a leisurely stroll around World Showcase, which is beautifully lit after sunset.

More than any other park, there are so many quiet/empty areas to hang out and just be. The entire area by Figment and Short Film Festival, UK garden, Canada path to the waterfalls, almost all of the Moroccan pavilion, Japan's cute culture room, Japan's garden and others.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter