What are the best rides to ride after dark?

Are you sure that FP's aren't available for the later hours? I just got back, 1 night my daughter and I got in line about 6:30 pm. We got on the ride just a few minutes before 8:00, the entire time we waited they were letting fp'ers in front of us.

I'm not postive, but I thought someone had mentioned the latest FP time being before 5:00. I think it had something to do with the ride breaking down so much that they left a cushion of time? :confused3

We were just at DL last weekend and rode the Jungle Cruise at night and it was really different (a lot less "cheesy", as my hubby said, lol).

Jungle Cruise!! Esp if you can do a day and night ride in the same day to draw on comparisons it's really cool!!

This trip my boys will all be 3 years older than our last, and I think (and hope) they'll have the stamina to last all day in the parks. Last visit we left by about 6-7pm each day.

So, since we'll be spending more time in the parks when it's dark (depending on closing time while we're there), what rides are best in the dark? I'm guessing RSR & Screamin' are great in the dark. Any others?

Thanks!

The Matterhorn, on the Fantasyland side
BTMRR especially during the fireworks!
Screamin'
Alice in Wonderland
StorybookLand Canal Boats
Jungle Cruise
Rockets

Just about everything as the whole park is so magical at night. :goodvibes

The Matterhorn, on the Fantasyland side
BTMRR especially during the fireworks!
Screamin'
Alice in Wonderland
StorybookLand Canal Boats
Jungle Cruise
Rockets

Just about everything as the whole park is so magical at night. :goodvibes

What does the bolded part mean? There's more than one side to the Matterhorn? Good grief, I'll never learn everything I need to know in the next two weeks. These boards are a wealth of information!

What does the bolded part mean? There's more than one side to the Matterhorn? Good grief, I'll never learn everything I need to know in the next two weeks. These boards are a wealth of information!

There are 2 sides, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I prefer the FL side because I think FL is so pretty all lit up. If your facing the entrance to the Matterhorn, go to the right side line if its open.

Teacups was awesome at night! Super pretty and got some cool photos :thumbsup2

I would think almost all rides that are outside would be worth going on at night if you never have, because it's a different perspective. Some good ones I haven't seen mentioned are the Finding Nemo Subs, Splash Mt, the Train, and the Monorail (Monorail give you a great view of much of the park at night). Dumbo is probably good too, but I don't know if I've been on it at night.

My favorites are :

Big Thunder ( which I will miss SO much on our trip :( )
Matterhorn
Nemo subs
Haunted mansion ( I know it's indoors but the house seems so much more intimidating at night )
It's a small world
Monorail trip
Screaming over California

We are hoping to do Splash Mountain for the first time at night this trip if it's warm enough.

Storybook Canal Boats are a) really pretty at night, and b) it's really cute when it's late a night because the ducks roost on the miniature London island and it looks like the city is being attacked by mutant killer ducks.

Matterhorn at night is pretty because you get a view of the Nemo ride with the water objects all lit up.

the rides that feel most different at night are:

Jungle Cruise
Teacups
Alice
Matterhorn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter