What are some things you take with you to Castaway Cay?

firsttimemom said:
When our kids were younger we would stop at the first gift shop and get them sand toys and a couple beach towels- they make great souveniers!

And in 7 trips to CC we've never NOT found umbrellas. I'm a fair skinned redhead- I wouldn't last long out there in the sun.

Good to know, thank you!!

The best tip I learned from a friend who lives near the beach is to take baby powder with us.

Sprinkles it on legs and feet and voila - sand brushes right off! We never go to the beach without it now.

When our kids were younger we would stop at the first gift shop and get them sand toys and a couple beach towels- they make great souveniers!

And in 7 trips to CC we've never NOT found umbrellas. I'm a fair skinned redhead- I wouldn't last long out there in the sun.

This is very good to know....being a redhead myself with 2 small redheads!

KTTW card/photo ID/lanyard, sarong, extra big t-shirt, sunscreen, Kindle, camera, bottled water, lip balm, visor or hat, sunglasses, towel purchased on ship (I like to use full sized towels and the ones they hand out are not very big). Next time I will bring water shoes (never needed them in many cruises by last time I could have used them so will bring next time) and some sort of hair twisty/clip.
Oh...and a travel sized thing of baby powder (great in helping get dried sand off your feet/ankles). All this goes in a beach bag or backpack.

MJ

I'm sure I'll figure this out later, but what is a KTTW card....and why an extra big t-shirt?

I'm sure I'll figure this out later, but what is a KTTW card....and why an extra big t-shirt?

KTTW card = Key to the World Card. It's your everything! Stateroom key, identification, key to getting on and off the ship, your charge card for cocktails, merchandise or spa services. It also has your dining time, table, and rotation listed as well as your muster station.

Extra big t-shirt = I use these for snorkeling so the sun isn't streaming on my back the whole time I am floating on top of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter