What are some things you do in the month leading up to your trip?

ajollyholidaywithjo

Mouseketeer
28 more days until my trip and I can’t wait!

What things do you do to prep for your trip in the last month? I thought this would be a great thread for first timers, and even long time Disney goers!

We leave in 13 days and I'm currently writing out a detailed daily plan for our trip! I put the date, which park were going to, the hours the park is open, and then details on which attractions to rope drop, where we want to eat for lunch & dinner, and highlight any reservations we already have made. I have Apple devices, so I use the Notes app on my laptop which syncs up with my phone. Then while we're there, I can just pull up the Note and see what our plans are for that day.

Kinda reminds me of a grocery/shopping list - plan in advance when you have a clear mind, and then follow it while you're there!

We leave in 13 days and I'm currently writing out a detailed daily plan for our trip! I put the date, which park were going to, the hours the park is open, and then details on which attractions to rope drop, where we want to eat for lunch & dinner, and highlight any reservations we already have made. I have Apple devices, so I use the Notes app on my laptop which syncs up with my phone. Then while we're there, I can just pull up the Note and see what our plans are for that day.

Kinda reminds me of a grocery/shopping list - plan in advance when you have a clear mind, and then follow it while you're there!

I use TripIt for my itinerary and TouringPlans for in park. Very little I have to worry about outside those two apps, until I am through the gate, then MDE comes into play. Need to get unpacked from the last trip and start prepping for my Fully Vaccinated Celebration trip(or I am calling it that anyway).

Check these boards to see if anything is going on. Keep refreshing ADRs for somewhere I haven't been.

I create my planning spreadsheet and print out important information. I buy some travel sized sundries including sunscreen. Pick my wardrobe, i.e. which Disney t-shirts are for which day. I don't pack until very close to time to go, but I pack light so it's easy.

Before I travel, I meal plan to use up food in my freezer. Also walk more/exercise. Make my cleaning/task lists of things to do before I go (I like to come home to a clean house). Service/deep clean my car. Buy necessary clothing/toiletry items.

I love making lists and travel lists are the best lists!

I monitor the weather. It's amazing how much the weather forecast can change within the 4 weeks leading up to a trip to WDW! I will start thinking about what I'm going to pack, but I don't really finalize my list until a week or less before departure date.

So I make a checklist. I start putting things to the side I know I want to wear on vacation so I don't risk wearing them. Make a list of merch I definitely want to buy. and then a couple days before I pack that way day of its take my vitamins, put the last minute stuff like phones and ids in the bag and head to the airport or to the car.

Double check my check-in info.
Make sure I paid the credit cards off.
Request the time off from work
Think about the last trip and if there was anything I meant to buy online for the next trip.
Double check sites like Redbubble and Teepublic to see if they sell curvy tank tops again. If not, wear what I wore last trip.
(my X-S Tech tank gets compliments every time I wear it in the parks)

I don't pack until the night before and that's when I decide which magicbands to bring, although I'll probably stick with my Disney Dogs MB for a while now. Maybe I'll see if the 2021 F&G MB does something at Epcot.

As previously stated, check these boards religiously! And watch the wait times to see the pattern of when which rides have the lowest wait times. And continuously check for dining reservations I missed that I really wanted.

Continue refreshing ADRs on my wish list and check sunscreen stockpile!

28 more days until my trip and I can’t wait!

What things do you do to prep for your trip in the last month? I thought this would be a great thread for first timers, and even long time Disney goers!
Try to sleep because the excitment builds each day. lol. After this past year, I can't wait for my July trip. I do have a comprhensive packing list that I keep in a file. I pull this out to cross check things per packing before a Disney trip or any other vacation. We also take a one page spread sheet with an outline of each day noted. All reservation numbers etc. are listed on one sheet so any and all info we need is in one place. Everyone in the group has a copy. This includes phone numbers incase a phone is lost and you don't have phone numbers of your traveling party memorized. This way you could easily borrow a phone to get in touch.

We made a Disney countdown starting at 40 days out. Each member of my family drew on a small piece of paper a picture of something we liked in the park(10 per family member). Examples: Mickey Bar, Space Mountain building, Tiki room building, Dole whip, and so on. Each night we would pick one out of a bowl a glue in on a larger board with a gird on it that had the dates numbered. It turned out to be really fine for us each night before bed. It also helped me realize what my kids liked most about Disney.

And all the other basic things to plan for a trip. Packing, organizing, and checking for new snacks.

Keep an eye on park hours and WDW news for anything that may impact the trip.

Take long walks to build stamina. Even just 2 or 3 a week will help if like most of us you’re not used to clocking 8+ Miles/day.

I’m not a big shopper but like to look around for a couple things specific to the trip. A bracelet or necklace that feels WDW to me. Sneakers that are cute and have great support. Stuff like that.

Start marking down the wall calendar 😁

Make sure I stop my mail and have someone up for plant watering duty. :)

Also, I make my tip envelopes and fill them so I don't need to worry about having small bills. I put money on a Disney gift card so I can keep my budget in check. Confirm my dining, tours and fast passes. Then I pack my park bag with what I think I need, then take about half of it out when I realize how heavy it is.

This is one of my quirks, but I associate scent with my various travels, so I find a shower gel and/or perfume that will always be associated with the trip.

Once I book my trip, I make a point of making one meal a week using Disney recipes-either from online sources or my cookbooks from F&W festival. It gets me excited for the trip.

Finally, I get my car checked over (I drive) and make sure it is super clean and emptied out before I leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter