What are realistic expectations for a 4th FP at MK?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
It'll be my afternoon park, arriving at 2:30 for the parade, so don't want any before 3:30. Can scan my 3rd FP at HS at 11:40. I know the "mountains" are probably out and I have 7DMT and PP for another day. I've been checking TP for "what's left" and it seems that by noon, most everything is gone. Thinking I could increase my efficiency (squeeze in more rides!) with HM or JC.

I think it really just depends on the day. We've been able to get Splash, Space and TM FP+ up until around 5ish. Just varies based on what you have planned for the rest of your MK time. I have always had good luck with hitting up my MDE app and standing at a kiosk, I find that the kiosk will have different options than my app. I have tried but never scored a 7DMT, Peter Pan or IASM FP+ late in the day but you might get lucky. Just gotta keep checking and be flexible

As long as it's not a major holiday, like Christmas, you can get pretty much any ride in MK same day...repeatedly. We regularly get the mountains, Buzz, HM, PP, you name it. Even 7DMT isn't impossible at all. In fact, we almost never do standby for anything at MK that has a FP+ line...the only exception would be something like Philharmagic which has no need for FP+ most times. With some checking and modifying, you can get SM for 10 minutes in advance, we do that a lot (it's our kids' favorite ride), same with Splash. Even Xmas has open FP+.

TP would have no idea what's really left, there's no possible way they can, as it changes literally second by second. Don't bother with that.

I've found this link to be very helpful in my planning so far. (Given that I have no personal experience yet with this.)

Day-of Fastpass+ Availability:
https://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/05/day-of-fp/
It provides a nice chart showing all the attractions across all the parks, and what time (or day) fastpasses usually run out for each one by that park's crowd level. It was last updated in May 2017, which was the most recent I could find.

The problem with those is that they have absolutely no way to account for people who are altering plans. I can tell you from tons of first hand experience that the FP+ system becomes incredibly fluid "day of" as people are adding, dropping, modifying. It changes literally second by second. One moment there may be nothing available, then the next there are 5 different time slots, and the next second 3 different ones. So those links really don't have practical value.

on wine and dine weekend back in November our last pre-sceduled FP+ was around 5 ish and we got a 4th, 5th, and 6th FP+ for Pooh, Little Mermaid, and Small World respectively

The problem with those is that they have absolutely no way to account for people who are altering plans. I can tell you from tons of first hand experience that the FP+ system becomes incredibly fluid "day of" as people are adding, dropping, modifying. It changes literally second by second. One moment there may be nothing available, then the next there are 5 different time slots, and the next second 3 different ones. So those links really don't have practical value.

Well, I figure it's only meant to be a guideline. At least I know that some rides are likely to have availability right up until afternoon and some won't. For people who don't go to Disney often, it's hard to know how popular some rides really are.

I’m a firm believe you can get any ride you want throughout the day. Just gotta keep looking, even while walking lol

It’s also easier with less people though.

Forth?

We ended up with 7 in one day. Small World, Buzz, Space Mountain, and Pooh, I think were the extra. We could have kept going with more, but I was done. So we went back to the resort for a rest.

Well, I figure it's only meant to be a guideline. At least I know that some rides are likely to have availability right up until afternoon and some won't. For people who don't go to Disney often, it's hard to know how popular some rides really are.

I completely understand. However, because of the constant variable I mentioned previously, I think a far better gauge of what's popular and what isn't is to simply look at standby times. Ease of FP+ availability often goes along with that, but not always.

I’ve been playing around a lot with this the last month. This is my experience of what was fairly easy to get in less than 10 minutes of trying (anecdotal experience of 1 person looking for parties of 2 or 3 during moderate crowd times). Late in the day you can pretty much always get IASW, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid ride, teacups, etc. Mid afternoon it’s pretty easy to HM, PotC, JC, etc. M&Gs are available with some refreshing early afternoon. The mountains late morning. PP and 7DMT are a crapshoot. You can get lucky or you can refresh for an hour and not see them. There are caveats that if you have a lower crowd day, smaller party, and are really committed to refreshing you probably can get most anything you want. My experience is that I get tired after 10-15 solid minutes of refreshing (other than the couple times I went on a mission to see if I could get FOP and refreshed solidly for an hour). This has been playing at home for me, not in the actual parks until May.

We were there New Years week and it was jam-packed...like sea of humanity with nowhere to move after Festival of Fantasy parade packed and as a group of 5 we were able to get FP+ in the evening after dinner (so like 7:00 p.m. on a 12 a.m. closing) for SM, Meet Tiana and Rapunzel, Meet Tinkerbelle, and Pirates between 7 and 10. I basically just kept hitting refresh on the app while we were waiting for/walking to the other experiences.

We were there during Christmas week towards the end of our stay (I think our last day in MK was the 29th) we were able to use all our fastpasses by 11:00 that morning or so and then began refreshing non-stop for more. What we did was as soon as we scanned we had the app open while we walked through whatever FP line we were in. We picked the first thing that came up that we could go straight to. By this point we had done every ride we wanted over the course of our trip so we were happy to do ANYTHING again.

One tip, if you really want a specific ride but don't want it to be super late (which means you can't get any more FPs) go ahead and book the late one that pops up. When you search for FPs that ride will always appear first so you can easily see if a better time opens up. We did this with 7DMT. A FP came up late, around 10 or so and we took it. Then sat there and kept refreshing. Within 10 minutes or so we had a FP for 7DMT that was within the hour. It is much easier to look for a specific ride that way than to keep scrolling and worry about missing it.

lately it has been very hard to grab a 4th fp for 7DMT, SM,PP, all the meet and greets, STWB. This is by checking the app not the kiosks

This was our experience on the last Saturday of January for 2 people even with frequent checking and repeated refreshing of the app. There were some FP available for Small World, Teacups and other rides that don't normally need a FP but everything mentioned above had the message that all FP for the day were gone. I kept checking regardless and nothing turned up.

The other thing that surprised me and that won't work well for our family trip in May was that even checking later morning or early afternoon in other parks only yielded FP from about 7:00 pm on or none at all (except for minor attractions). For our little ones' schedules we will likely be out of the parks by 4:00 or earlier each day so we are not counting on 4th FP at all.

I love this sort of question especially when I'm bored at the office. I spent a few minutes seeing what I could get for 3 people for MK this afternoon. A couple I would have worked to move up even sooner but here's what I was able to find rather quickly.

View attachment 302495 View attachment 302496 View attachment 302497 View attachment 302498 View attachment 302499
Very interesting. Guess it depends on the day and size of your party.

I was at the park yesterday and couldn’t reschedule my third fast pass for any decent options for a party of three or four. Muchless try to get an extra fast pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter