• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are MUST do at Sea world?

chad51

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Sea World for the first time in October would like some help on what are must do at Sea World, thanks.

Shamu & Clyde and Seamore Sea Lion Show & Red Bright and Blue Night Show

Also we got a second day free (hope it still is available) ans used it for a few hours the day we left.

It does depend on what you like.

If you like thrill rides then Kraken and JTA are definates. The simulator part of Wild Arctic is one of the better types of that genre.

The shows of Shamu, whale and Dolphin plus Clyde and Seamore are all entertaining. If your thinking about visiting cirque du Soleil ( at DTD) then a visit to Cirque de la Mer will give you a very small (but FREE :) ) taste of some of the type of acts you would see at the costly but wonderful Cirque de Soleil.

On a conservation note the Manatee exibit has probably the strongest message attached to it and seeing these creatures gently paddling around from the underwater veiwing area does make you reflective about what could and should be done to protect them.

If you have kids, feeding ( and hopefully petting) the stingrays and dolphins is always popular, as is feeding the seals and sealions ( but I wouldn't advise trying to pet these :eek: ). I could watch the penguins and puffins for ages as they always have the ability to amuse and the walk through/animal parts of wild Arctic are very impressive ( and a nice chance to escape from theFlorida heat.

#1 must do for me though is to make it to the hospitality area to avail myself of a couple of free samples of the wares of Anhauser Busch :D .

To cover all of SW in one day is not easy, if your schedule can take it and they are offering 2nd day free ( pretty much on offer all year round) I would suggest taking the opportunity to have one day an early start and cover as much of the park as you feel comfortable in ( taking in one ofthe early Shamu shows) then come back on your second day a little later and stay till closing. This gives you the chance to take in the evening "Shamu rocks America" show which is a different pace and atmophere to the "regular" day shows as well as the impressive evening fireworks and laser show that SeaWorld closes the park with.

The Circ De Le Mer show is amazing. They only do it twice a day, so be there for the 1pm show.
First a guy who communicates by blowing a whistle does funny comedy skits with the crowd.
Then a guy comes out spinning fire sticks real fast.
Then two guys perform strength tricks.
This is followed by acrobats hanging from cloth sheets spinning around the stage. I'm sure they change the show so it's not the same thing each time.

The mime for the Clyde and Seamore show is still there, he's halairous. Get there 20 minutes before it starts.

Another BIG vote for Cirque De La Mer. The acrobats were great and the rest of the show was so funny, we laughed until our sides hurt. Also, it's wonderfully air conditioned and was a great break from the heat.
Kraken is a FANTASTIC roller coaster. Also loved the Shamu show. If you have children they would probably get a thrill out of feeding and petting the dolphins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter