What airlines participate in Magical Express?

Going to Orlando it doesn't make a difference. It is only for your return flight that you need to be flying a participating airline if you want to check in and receive boarding passes and Disney takes your bags to the airport.

There are several good threads here with the information you need.

Here's how I answered this question recently:

This question comes up over and over again. The phrase "participating airlines" has caused all sorts on confusion with Disney CMs and with folks on this board.

Disney's Magical Express (ME) is not limited to "participating airlines." You can ride the ME coaches both ways. And when traveling to WDW, you can check your luggage from your home airport directly to your WDW resort hotel. (It gets a little more complicated for international visitors who need to pass through U.S. Customs and Imigration at Orlando International.)

There is no participating airlines list for the overall ME service.

There is only a participating airlines list for Resort Airline Check-in. But you can use Magical Express without using Resort Airline Check-in, and you can use Resort Airline Check-in without using Magical Express.

Here's where the participating airlines become a factor... According to the Disney Meetings website Disney's Magical Express FAQs:

Q: What is Resort Airline Check-in?

A: This service offers remote check-in, allowing you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at the Resort. At this time, remote check-in service is only available for guests flying domestically on the following airlines: American, Continental, Delta (including Song), and United (including Ted). Additional airlines may be added at a later date.​

If you aren't on a Resort Airline Check-in participating airline, your luggage can travel back to the airport in the luggage hold of the ME motorcoach. Once at the airport, you can check your bags and get your boarding pass.

Okay, to make sure I understand, you can use ME no matter what airline you are on, right? And the "participating airlines" only apply to being able to get boarding passes at your resort? I'm still a little confused.
If I want to be able to check my bags in Buffalo (my home airport), not see them again until I check in at the Pop Century and have them delivered to my room, then check them at the Pop when going home and not see them again untill I exit my plane in Buffalo, can I fly on any airline I choose? Like Southwest, Airtran, Jet Blue?

What is Resort Airline Check-in?

A: This service offers remote check-in, allowing you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at the Resort. At this time, remote check-in service is only available for guests flying domestically on the following airlines: American, Continental, Delta (including Song), and United (including Ted). Additional airlines may be added at a later date.
http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/services/detail?name=DMEAttendeesFAQDetailPage#C4Q1

DannyDisneyFreak said:
If I want to be able to check my bags in Buffalo (my home airport), not see them again until I check in at the Pop Century and have them delivered to my room, then check them at the Pop when going home and not see them again untill I exit my plane in Buffalo, can I fly on any airline I choose? Like Southwest, Airtran, Jet Blue?
DannyDisneyFreak,

You are correct regarding your travel to WDW. You are mistaken regarding your travel home. Please reread my earlier post in this thread.

The "participating airlines" list applies to being able to get boarding passes and to check your luggage in (so you won't have to handle it at the airport) at your WDW resort.

I think I am more confused than when I started this thread, I may just get a towncar service. I don't understand, if I don't fly on a "participating airline" then I can get my bags to WDW, but then how do I get them home?! I just don't understand how someone could fly an non-participating airline? Can't I just bring my bags on the bus and check in myself at the airport.
Thank you very much for your responses, but although I might sound very clear to you it is not to me. :confused:

BINGO-- If you're flying a non-participating airline your luggaage goes under your bus. When you get to MCO you're responsible to get your luggage from the bus to the skycap or to the inside counter.

With a participating airline you check your luggage at in your hotel lobby and you won't see it until you get to your destination.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
Can't I just bring my bags on the bus and check in myself at the airport.
Thank you very much for your responses, but although I might sound very clear to you it is not to me. :confused:

You take your luggage on the ME bus. The luggage is loaded in the bottom of the bus. When you reach the airport you retrieve your luggage from the driver and they you and your luggage go to the ticket counter or curbside check in. The airline will issue your boarding pass and take your luggage.

Going to WDW

Put your Disney ME luggage tags on your luggage.

Check your luggage at your home airport.

Arrive at MCO

Go to the Disney ME Desk

Get on your bus

Get to your resort

Check in

Your bags will be delivered to your room.

Going home from WDW:

Leave your resort room with your bags (or call bell services)

Go to the resort airline desk

Check your bags with them, get your boarding passes

Arrive at the ME loading area at the appropriate time

Get on the ME bus

Arrive at MCO

Go through security

Get on the plane

Your bags should be on the carousel at your home airport

Going to WDW

Arrive at MCO

Go to the Disney ME Desk

Get on your bus

Get to your resort

Check in

Going home from WDW:

Leave your resort room with your bags (or call bell services)

Store your luggage with bell services if your flight is later in the day

Go the ME loading area with your bags at the designated time

The bus driver will load your bags on the bus

Board the ME bus

Arrive at MCO

Check-in, check your bags, and get your boarding pass at curbside or at the check-in counter.

Go through security

Board the plane

Your bags should be at the carousel at your home airport

Thank you all, it makes sense now! :idea: Sorry, I can be a dummy sometimes and takes a while for me to get it :headache: .

clkelley said:
Going to WDW

Arrive at MCO

Go to the Disney ME Desk

Get on your bus

Get to your resort

Check in

Okay I heard that ME will not pick your bags at the airport on arrival. I heard that you had to get your luggage and take it to the ME bus no matter if you have the tags or not. I am sadly flying American to there. Won't be returning home til August 5th so the return doesn't apply.

DisneyCP2002 said:
Okay I heard that ME will not pick your bags at the airport on arrival. I heard that you had to get your luggage and take it to the ME bus no matter if you have the tags or not. I am sadly flying American to there. Won't be returning home til August 5th so the return doesn't apply.
You heard incorrect information from someone.

A major feature of Magical Express is that you can check your luggage from your home airport all the way to your WDW resort room -- without touching your luggage at Orlando International Airport. (The only exception is if you're an international traveler who must clear customs at Orlando International Airport.)

Disney has promised that Magical Express will be available and complimentary through the end of 2006. After that, Disney can continue to offer Magical Express as a complimentary service, or Disney could eliminate the service, or charge for it, or modify it in some other way. So I'm not sure why August 5th is an issue.

American Airlines is one of the airlines participating in Resort Airline Check-in for your return flight. So you can even check your luggage and get your boarding passes right at your resort when it's time to fly home.

DisneyCP2002 said:
Okay I heard that ME will not pick your bags at the airport on arrival. I heard that you had to get your luggage and take it to the ME bus no matter if you have the tags or not.

Whoever told you that was wrong. The above information is correct. Tagged bags will never appear at baggage claim, and instead will be pulled backstage.

Thanks for the corrected information. I received part of my stuff today, not sure where the rest is :( I got my luggage tag but not the yellow sticker things and no flight info listed.

If you go to the ME counter at MCO they will be able to get your luggage after you give them your claim checks and your information. Then you just jump on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter