What a find!

zaksaunt

Earning My Ears
I just love, love, love this board. It is so informative. I didn't know there was anything like this out there. The members' official board is kind of lame. I was researching Disney, as I often do, when I came across this link, and viola, I ended up here. It was very exciting. I have been reading the posts for a few days now and I am so happy to have found you.
We bought BWV in November '99 and from reading your posts, it sounds like we won't be sorry. Believe it or not, we won't actually be going for the first time until this November. So, we've owned it for 16 months, and we haven't even used a single point yet. I was getting so jealous reading about people who were booking a trip as they were signing their contracts. Oh well, good for them. We will be using our first points in May when we go to the Plaza for three nights for our 30th anniversary. Has anyone stayed there? Can we get theater tickets from the concierge? I hope so, since we don't have any.
I was so surprised to read that people are having trouble getting their desired dates. I had no idea such a thing could happen. I guess I should be really happy that I got Thanksgiving week, but then I had been waiting 13 months to make that first call, so I wasn't about to blow the date. When did the BWV go on sale and when were they sold out?
I'm going to make a list of all the questions I have, then I will return. It's nice to be here.
Susan

Welcome Home! You'll find lots of helpful people here.

The BWV is quite nice. I had my first stay there last May. In April I will travel to HH for the first time. My home resort is OKW (since 1994).

As for getting "prime" dates, yes it can be difficult sometimes.

Welcome Home and to the DIS DVC Board! Please plan to ask any question s you'd like and share your experiences also. Glad to have you here.

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

If you're talking about The Plaza in NYC (as if there would be any other!) - yes you can get theatre tickets there...We spent our 15th anniversary there - boy, we thought we were hot stuff! You will love it.

Glad you found this site! Yes it is a great place to come to get up to date info on what's going on at the DVC resorts! Congratulations and Welcome home..enjoy your first DVC first in November...and that great weekend at the Plaza!

Have a wonderful day!

Welcome home....you will enjoy the BWV..We joined in August '99 and did an add on before the price increase last year....we cant get enough of this place.
Just a note about the Plaza...we stayed there about a month ago, we had booked a deluxe room, and was disappointed to be put on an inside room without even a window. On our way out a few hours later I said something at the checkin desk that I thought a deluxe room would at least have a window(not that the room wasn't verry nice, just not what i expected.), they found us a new room right over the main entrance looking out at 5th Ave. and this room was twice as nice. And don't miss that Sunday brunch in the palm court it is magnificent, even at $75 a head. enjoy.

IWantMyDVC JANewtonIV@cs.com

Hi There & Welcome to the boards!! I think the BW went on sale in July of '96 if I'm not mistaken... we were there a month later... The BW just sold out in December of 2000, so it's only been sold out for a couple of months...

How many points did you purchase when you bought in & what have you done with them, since you haven't visited yet?

Have Fun in NYC, you will find the BW incredible when you stay there!!

Congrats & Welcome Home!!! Haven't actually stayed at the Plaza, but I've heard great things about the service from others I know who have stayed there. Have a great time.
Tammy

Tammy
dvcis.gif
bwv_logo_trans.gif

Welcome to the boards!!! We are glad to have you join us :) Oh yea...

WELCOME HOME :)

KathyR

hi and welcome to the board: it will be interesting to hear another perspective on some of the topics that come up. dee

You'll enjoy the DVC! My personal favorite recommendation is to remember that as guests on property, you are entitled to make priority dining reservations 60 days prior to your planned dining experience. Let us know if you want dining suggestions and we'll be happy to help!

Welcome Home, Susan! This is the place to be!!!!! :D

pooh_anm.gif

<font color=fuchsia>DVC/OKW '97</font>
<font color=fuchsia>OKW June5-8; VB June 8-11; OKW June 11-20, 2001</font>

Thanks for the warm welcome.
To answer Chris' questions, we bought 214 points, the exact number we need for a 1BR for a seven night stay in early November when we usually go. We immediately banked the 107 from MB, then we got an additional 214 in June 2000. If we didn't use the 107 by May 31, 2001 we would lose them, so since we can drive into Manhattan we decided to go to the Plaza for our 30th. After reading these boards, I'm thinking that may not have been the best way to use our points. It cost 171 points for three nights. That seems awfully high now, but at the time it seemed like a good idea, and, 30 years is a long time to be married. I'll have to be a little more discerning in the future. I hope it's worth it.
We are new to DVC, but not to WDW. We have been there nine times, with our first visit way back in 1977. We usually go every other year for NJ Teacher's Convention week except for when they did the castle like a cake, then we went in May on short notice, because I felt I would be missing something if I didn't see it. November 99 was the first time we ever saw anything about DVC, and the accommodations were so beautiful that they sold themselves. I can't wait to actually use them.
I have a question about groceries. I have not been on the members site for quite awhile, but the last time I was there I could not find anything about groceries. I was led to believe you could place an order and they would deliver it to the room. Since we will be coming in at 10:30 p.m., it's not practical for us to stop anywhere, and we won't have a car once we get to the resort. I really want to get milk, juice, and soda for our two nephews who will most likely be staying with us. How expensive is it? Would it be better to get soda at the general store? Do they sell it by the 6-pack?
Thanks for the hint about PS resevations. I learned that the hard way.
Only eight and a half months to go. I can't wait.
P.S. How do you get those great pictures to come on your posts, and how do I get my name (Susan)automatically at the bottom of my posts?

Welcome Home! I would agree that the board provide a wealth of information. I have been going to Disney since our honeymoon April, 1972. You will find the information invaluable. I purchased at BWV Sept. 2000 ( resale). All the comments from the Disney veterans were very useful. You will find alot of Disney folks from New Jersey. Enjoy! ;)

We were just in WDW this past November/December, and there were all different time periods for making dining reservations while we planned that trip, mostly in the 30 to 120 days range. Has that changed to everything 60 days in advance? Things DO change so frequently at WDW!

You can have your name show up in your posts by going into your profile, and adding it to your "signature".

Oh, and...welcome home! We just bought a BWV resale, and plan to stay there in November as well. :D

You can order groceries from the general store. MS will send you a sheet to FAX with your order. The prices are not cheap but compared to going out to breakfast, they can be a real bargain. I might suggest that you pack a small suitcase with snacks (nuts, pringles, M&Ms, etc.), a can of coffee, some 4" round coffee filters, some peanut butter, jelly, cocoa, drink mix, etc. and only order perishables or bulky items such as bread, butter, milk and soda. You can use the suitcase to bring home souvenirs. Another alternative is to use a limo service and request a half hour grocery stop. Either way, enjoy your stay and kitchen at your DVC home. Welcome to these boards, they are wonderful when you are planning a special trip to WDW (when isn't a trip to WDW special?)

wow zaksaunt must be reading my thoughts I too have recently found these boards and I thought i knew a lot about WDW and DVC but these boards have aready taught me so much. What a wonderful group of people THANKS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter