What 2 bedroom options are avialable if staying on site at Universal?

DOREEN1779

Mouseketeer
Hi Everybody,

We are considering spending a couple days at Universal this fall. We are a family of 5 and would like a little more space. Our middle child has special needs and needs a quiet room to decompress. Ideally, a two bedroom suite is what we are looking for.

Hi Everybody,

We are considering spending a couple days at Universal this fall. We are a family of 5 and would like a little more space. Our middle child has special needs and needs a quiet room to decompress. Ideally, a two bedroom suite is what we are looking for.

Cabana Bay has some 2 BR suites in the new towers and I believe the new Endless Summer resorts have some also. Those resorts will not have the Express Pass as a Perk however. The deluxe resorts probably have some but they will be much more expensive.

We just returned from Hard Rock where we had 2 connecting rooms. That's an option for your family too.

Not sure what your budget is. We’ve done two bedroom portofino suite at portofino. Also done connecting two bedrooms there.

We recently traveled as a big group of adults and toddlers and found connecting family suites at cabana bay to be a great, cheap option.

We've got a small suite for our upcoming stay at RPR. They had several suite options. It really wasn't that much more than a regular room and I think the ~cost of CL.

Probably the least expensive 2-bedroom suites will be in Endless Summer. I think those start around $130/night and my understanding is that Endless Summer has a lot of those. Being only 440 sqft each they are also pretty small, but they have a true wall/door separator between the sleeping areas. For comparison a standard (i.e. smallest) room at Portofino is 450 sqft in size and it is just a single hotel room. Also, a family room at Cabana Bay has been mentioned, but be aware that those are NOT a true suite room with a full wall/door separating different areas. I do agree though that those family rooms actually are very nice, but they are just normal hotel rooms extended with a small living area and kitchenette. So if you are looking for the ability to shut a door and have complete separation (i.e. for sleeping while others are still up, etc.) the family rooms might not be what you are looking for. With that said, Cabana Bay does have a few true 2-bedroom suites, but they don't have a lot of them and as such it can sometimes be hard to find availability.

SF and the 3 Express Pass hotels (RPR, HR, and PBR) all have suite rooms that are very nice. But note that the price for those (especially the three EP hotels) is significantly more (i.e. $300s and up per night). For example, I had a reservation for a King Suite at RPR for October at $329/night and that was about the best I could find. SF has nice suite rooms for a bit less per night, but you do lose the unlimited EP if that is something you are interested in.

They do have a promo for Buy 2 Days, Get 3 Free + Express Passes for $420. That would allow you to book at the other hotels and still have EP.

Sheraton Vistana look on skyauction.com .. We paid 650 for a two bedrooms, full kitchen and a living room. Its a really great place its near seaworld in the line of other vacation clubs on Idrive.
or you can go this route
you can also can get an invite for signing up for Marriott/Starwood rewards they will offer you a one bedroom for 400.. you can upgrade from there.
you dont have to go to the " meetings" they just really want you too by offering nice things.

Also, check out the Kid Suites at SF. You can get just the standard Kid Suite or if you want even more room, a Kid Suite with a connecting Queen standard room. I have one booked for August for my group of six people and really, it was not bad with the AP discount.

I have stayed in the Family Suites at Cabana Bay, and I don't think that would give you the "quiet space" you are looking for. It is only a sliding barrier between the pull out sofa bed and the 2 queen bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!