What’s up w/ VGF studios Feb. points charts?

sndral

DIS Veteran
I always assumed that if one view went up in points on a given day (like a holiday or a season change) so would the other views, but in looking at VGF studios for Feb. 2025, I noticed that while the standard view studios went from 21 points on 2/15 to 24 points on 2/16
IMG_0095.jpeg
The lagoon view did not go up, they stayed at 27 points
IMG_0094.jpeg

Now I’m curious, why is this & how many point chart curiosities are there at other resorts, views, seasons?

Last edited:
You’re forgetting that Friday and Saturday points are (usually) higher than the Sunday through Thursday points. So the appropriate comparison for the standard view points on the 16th is to look at the points for the Sunday-Thursday of the prior week. The SV went from 18 to 24 and the lagoon view went from 22 to 27. The weekend points also increased, of course, from 21 to 26 and from 27 to 32 respectively. Looks perfectly normal to me. The fact that the weekend points for the lagoon view for the week ending on the 15th and the weekday points for the lagoon view for the week starting on the 16th are the same is just an artifact of a normal seasonal change in the points chart.

You’re forgetting that Friday and Saturday points are (usually) higher than the Sunday through Thursday points. So the appropriate comparison for the standard view points on the 16th is to look at the points for the Sunday-Thursday of the prior week. The SV went from 18 to 24 and the lagoon view went from 22 to 27. The weekend points also increased, of course, from 21 to 26 and from 27 to 32 respectively. Looks perfectly normal to me. The fact that the weekend points for the lagoon view for the week ending on the 15th and the weekday points for the lagoon view for the week starting on the 16th are the same is just an artifact of a normal seasonal change in the points chart.
The odd thing to me is that on 2/15 standard is 21 & then it goes up to 24 points for 2/16 - 2/20. On 2/15 lagoon is 27 & I wonder why it stayed there rather than going up a couple of points to say 30 points for 2/16 - 2/20 like standard did?
I suspect it’s a challenge to make the point charts match the total available points resort wide & now I’m curious whether there are other anomalies in the charts.

The odd thing to me is that on 2/15 standard is 21 & then it goes up to 24 points for 2/16 - 2/20. On 2/15 lagoon is 27 & I wonder why it stayed there rather than going up a couple of points to say 30 points for 2/16 - 2/20 like standard did?
I suspect it’s a challenge to make the point charts match the total available points resort wide & now I’m curious whether there are other anomalies in the charts.
i repeat myself in an attempt to clarify. You’re forgetting about the difference between Friday-Saturday (weekend) points and Sunday-Thursday (weekday) points. 2/15 is a Saturday, so weekend points. 2/16 is a Sunday so starts a new week, so weekday points. You cannot compare the Saturday points to the subsequent Sunday points, they are in two different point chart seasons here. Compare weekend points to weekend points for the prior or subsequent weekends and compare weekday points to weekday points for the prior or subsequent weekdays.

I think @Ralph&Pam is right: this is an artifact of how the two seasons value Sun-Thu vs. Fri/Sat nights in each season. The "official" point chart might help make this more clear.

https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/dvc/en/destinations/list/florida/VGF_2024v2.pdf
In particular, February 15th and February 16th are in two different point chart seasons. Also, I think the OP’s screen shots might be for February 2025 rather than the February 2024 indicated in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:
In particular, February 15th and February 16th are in two different point chart seasons. Also, I think the OP’s screen shots might be for February 2025 rather than the February 2024 indicated in the first post of this thread.
Oops - yes they’re 2025 - thx., I corrected my original post.

There are 7 seasons, running lower point cost to higher. Regardless of when Presidents' Day or the weekends occur, Feb 1 to 15 is always in the middle season 4 (3 seasons are lower point cost, 3 are higher). The rest of Feb is always in the second highest 6th season.

Feb 14 and 15, 2025, happen to be two higher point weekend nights. For the period Feb 1-15, the standard view studios are always 18 points for Sun to Thurs, and the weekend points are 21, for Lagoon view they are always 22 weekdays and 27 weekend. For season 6 starting on Feb 16, the weekday points are 24 for standard and 27 for lagoon. In essence, what you are seeing in the 2025 point chart for Feb 14 and 15 is just the usual total points for a weekend in season no. 4. What you are seeing, immediately thereafter, for Feb 16 and the following weekdays are just the usual total points for a Sun to Thurs in season 6.

Latest posts

facebook twitter