• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s the craziest thing you have seen at your work place?

I work for a social services agency and was fresh out of training and at the office. One day a bunch of supervisors start running up to the lobby, which wasnt unusual because there were often fights or unhappy clients. A coworker said whats happening, and someone answered "Overdose in the bathroom". Coworker said "Again?" I was like ok, what did i get myself into....

It's been 8 yrs, im at a different office now and i have seen so many crazy things but the "Again?" has always been stuck in my head!

I work for a public school district and spent several years at a campus in a 'questionable' neighborhood. We had several lockdowns due to police activity in the surrounding area. One time, two 5th graders went to the restroom during class, only to find a "bloody guy" (as they put it) standing at the sink. They ran back to class, their teacher called the office and we were put on lockdown. Turns out the guy had a fight with his wife and she locked him out of their apartment. He put his arm through a window in an effort to get in and she said she was going to call the police. He ran onto our campus, into the boy's bathroom and was attempting to wash the blood off his arm when the kids walked in. The police came on campus, followed the trail of blood drops and found him hiding in the bushes. The custodian took one look at the restroom and said, "This cleaning job is above my pay grade!" The district had to hire a company to steam clean and disinfect the entire restroom, as well a the blood drops in the hallways.

Another time when we were put on lockdown, we could see a bunch of police cars on the street from our window. The officers were all hiding behind their car doors and two had their guns aimed at an apartment building right next to the school. The custodian told us the story later (because school custodians know everything that happens there!). Apparently a guy in a wheelchair accused another guy of stealing his teeth. He said he was going to go home, get his guy and shoot the guy if he didn't give him his teeth back. The guy called the police, told them the story and where the other guy lived. So the police were cruising around the neighborhood looking for a guy in a wheelchair with a gun. When they didn't find him, they zeroed in on his apartment, knowing he could be armed. We sat in the room for about an hour before the lockdown was called off and the police cars cleared out. We never did hear if the story turned out to be true, if there was actually a guy with a gun or if he ever got his teeth back. Luckily, they moved our class to another campus shortly after that incident! My friend still works at that campus and has told me a few more crazy stories since I left.

I work for a social services agency and was fresh out of training and at the office. One day a bunch of supervisors start running up to the lobby, which wasnt unusual because there were often fights or unhappy clients. A coworker said whats happening, and someone answered "Overdose in the bathroom". Coworker said "Again?" I was like ok, what did i get myself into....

It's been 8 yrs, im at a different office now and i have seen so many crazy things but the "Again?" has always been stuck in my head!

over my career with the same i found it was often a toss up on who was acting the craziest-my clients or my co-workers :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter