What’s on your Christmas menu?

Hang on, I'm googling this...
I did too, tiggerdad, and although I love me some cheesecake, crab meat is not something I would consider.

But hey, if it's on the menu at the Palace Cafe in NOLA on Canal Street, I'd be willing to try it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/palace-cafe-crabmeat-cheesecake-recipe-1945282

That sounds like a true local choice for you, NOLA_Tink!

Ed

PS - used to LOVE :love: eating at the Palace Cafe when I travelled to NOLA on business. On expense account. Had to take a customer, though, because prices were higher than the employee per diem but someone was always willing to join me at the Palace.

YES, it's from Palace Cafe's sister-commissary, https://thecommissarynola.com . We ordered a bunch of things from them and every bite was AMAZING!! The cheesecake is one of Palace Cafe's signature dishes and their meunière sauce is divine perfection. Pics are coming soon. ;)

Jacques-IMO’s also does an excellent alligator cheesecake. Except they are always busy and (at least pre-covid) didn’t take reservations, so I haven’t been in a while.

On topic:
The kids went to grandmas house to make cookies today. We’ll be going over there tomorrow for brunch, which I think will mostly involve donuts.

for dinner, I’m making a root beer glazed ham. It’s yummy, and the smell while cooking is even better. And we’ll have some Kraft Mac and cheese (that’s what the kids want) and peas to go with it.

Root beer glazed ham

We are going non-traditional this year. Christmas Eve was teriyaki salmon with a spicy veggie lo mein with fondue for dessert. This morning was brunch: coffee cake, sausage rice casserole, eggs, fruit, yogurt and cookies with mimosas. Tonight is homemade pizza.

No pictures, as dinner was eaten very early and all the leftovers put away. I did spiral ham, onion roasted potatoes, sweet potato casserole, fresh broccoli, dinner rolls and Stromboli. Dessert was homemade cheesecake, pecan pie, ice cream, several different kinds of cookies and homemade fudge. This was all after we had Italian food last night at our daughter and son-in-law's, courtesy of his mother. She made meatballs, stuffed shells, Italian sausage and peppers, homemade bread, and the usual cheese and crackers, pickles and olives etc. We are all stuffed to the hilt. No cooking for me for the rest of the weekend. Hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

How did i miss thos thread! Lol. From my smoker thread. I did prime rib on the smoker , twiced baked potatoes, garlic butter mushrooms and broccoli rabe. Sort of small dinner for us thos year, so ate in the kitchen, no formalitys or fine china, easier this way. I usally do the formal stuff just to use the chima and silverware. It got passed down to me and gets used 2x a year or less. Now i know know one gets it anymore. Lol20201225_152931.jpg20201225_135623.jpg

Our Christmas eve meal was our bigger meal. The kids go tor their fathers on Christmas afternoon so it was only Melissa and I for dinner that evening. Our diner was Ham, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing, Candied Yams, and Sweet Rolls.

Christmas brunch was Waffles, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns and Fruit salad. Melissa and I where so full we only some cheese, meat and crackers for dinner.

New Year’s Eve dinner was what used to be my traditional Christmas Eve dinner. I forgot to take the pic before we cut into it.

D66434CF-CE0D-485B-A93D-F2076C431838.jpeg

my grandmother’s lasagna as prepared by my mom and brother. it was phenomenal. It is always a lot of work so good thing it was a team effort. Bert made dessert but have not had that yet.

my grandmother’s lasagna as prepared by my mom and brother. it was phenomenal. It is always a lot of work so good thing it was a team effort. Bert made dessert but have not had that yet.

giphy.gif

Whatever it was I bet it's fabulous and I would eat two helpings ......

Ed

Sticking to the theme of forgetting pictures before serving dessert.

A5FA1690-080A-4D01-8FD4-D8C6737EF052.jpeg

apple crisp, Herb’s recipe as prepared by Bert. Did add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the dishes. Am normally not going to apple pie as my first choice for dessert, I will say this was very good.

NYE it was Melissa and I only, we grazed on things like sweedish meatballs in the crock pot, piggies in a blanket, crab dip we made and veggies an dip. We grazed from lunch through dinner, so we where stuffed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter