Westjet London to Orlando gone.

iZon

Mouseketeer
Booked flight a couple days ago from London, ON to Orlando for February 2020. The usual direct Saturday night flight. Just got email saying itinerary has been changed and flights now connect through Toronto. Checked other days of the week and the flight is just gone. Maybe because Swoop is flying from Hamilton. Poor London. Every time we gain a flight we seem to lose two.

I would be surprised if they don’t replace that flight with a Swoop flight. It’s seasonal so they might not announce it right away.

For me, I would love to see one that left a little earlier from London. I never really considered that one because it got in so late and we still have young kids.

Just had a peek out of curiosity. Looks like @Etch was right, Swoop nonstops begin in October on Wed and Sat.

OUCH! I can tell you that I 100% get what you're saying, we had the same thing happen to us 3 years ago. Paid for airfare out of KW and didn't find out the flight had been cancelled until I got a morning email from the radio station I listen to, announcing WJ upcoming winter schedule. They changed the day of the week AND didn't start flying until 2 weeks after we were intending to leave but WJ didn't even let me know. We ended up needing to fly out of Pearson because we couldn't change our dates but they did bump us up to the Plus seats for the mix up.

How did you solve this problem? Are you doing the connecting flights now?

Thanks for the great info. I was able to cancel the WestJet flight for full refund and book the Swoop flight which will go direct from London and back. End it was $500 cheaper and that includes bags and premium seating.

I would be surprised if they don’t replace that flight with a Swoop flight. It’s seasonal so they might not announce it right away.

For me, I would love to see one that left a little earlier from London. I never really considered that one because it got in so late and we still have young kids.
The Swoop flight leaves at 4pm

I find it strange their prices are in USD. Aren't they owned by Westjet?

Swoop has some pretty bad reviews, but I decided to book with them anyway. Hope I don't regret it!

I just booked and their prices are in Canadian. I flew them in May and they were fine. Pretty much like Westjet. I know that WestJet prices would be in US if the flight originated there

I just booked and their prices are in Canadian. I flew them in May and they were fine. Pretty much like Westjet. I know that WestJet prices would be in US if the flight originated there

Okay, that makes sense. I'm only doing the MCO to YXU leg with Swoop. I kept my Westjet flight to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!