Western Carribean.... Which Port Adventures

dapod423

Mouseketeer
Sailing on the 7 night Western Carribean Cruise in October. Does anyone have any recommendations for excursions. We are not a sporty family.

THinking in Key West we'll probably do the Conch and Trolley or President Truman's Key West.

In Cozumel we'd like to do one of the Mayan Ruins excursions but I'm not sure which is best. Maybe the one paired with the beach? But we have the beach at Castaway Cay. Maybe the one that is paired with the Discover Mexico Cultural park and includes lunch?

Grand Cayman, I thought the Pirate Adventure would be great for my DS4. I would love to check out a beach in Grand Cayman also. My travel agent recommended just getting in a cab to the beach. I'm not going to lie...that scares me a little. And I'm not a fraidy cat.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hi, i would love to hear some ideas too, we are a family of 6... DS7, DS5, DS4, DD2. I was also thinking about the conch train tour in key west, but think we will go out on our own and maybe hit the aquarium. In Cozumel I also looked at the ruins but am thinking my kids may be too young. In Grand Cayman I'm considering the dolphin experience and turtle farm. Love to hear other opinions and options I am a bit weary of going out on my own too. Thanks:)

I want to hear about the Pirate Adventure in GC! We are going on the Magic in Feb with my sons who will be just 3 and almost 5. They would love anything with pirates!

We're going on the Western over Halloween. Here's our plan (Kids will be 11,9,8,5)

Key West - Booking Old Towne Trolley tix on our own. We like the idea of the on and off for the day, instead of a closed loop tour. Plus it's way cheaper that way. We'll head to the southernmost point, look at whatever else appears interesting to the family, and get some frozen, chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick.

Grand Cayman - Boatswain's Turtle Farm. Also going to buy our own tickets. They have free transportation to and from the port. My wife and I went to the Turtle Farm about 6 years ago and thought it was pretty cool. This time we'll get passes for the whole thing - there's a pool and snorkle lagoon, aviary, and predator tank. The DCL excursion would cost us about $550, doing it on our own will be about $180 plus lunch.

Cozumel - Ruins at San Gervasio and Mexico Cultural Park. Booked this through DCL. Our kids are not very adventurous, and we are planning a beach day at CC. The prices for the individual admissions and transportation were not going to be much cheaper than DCL so we took the easy way on the booking. Would have loved to go to Tuluum (sp?) but the travel time is just too long for a tour of something that's already ruined.

Castaway Cay - Plan old unplanned beach day, we'll just take it as it comes.

I'm pretty comfortable with the plan, for now.

I want to hear about the Pirate Adventure in GC! We are going on the Magic in Feb with my sons who will be just 3 and almost 5. They would love anything with pirates!

We've done the Pirate Adventure. We had a pretty good time. It basically starts off with you getting on board and then you sail by your ship and they pretend to fire some cannon shots at it. Then they call all the kids down to swab the deck. Eventually you end up off the coast of 7 mile beach where they drop anchor. From there they give you some time to swim in the ocean. You can "walk" the plank to get in the ocean or you can use the ladder. On the way back they have refreshments for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter