Western Caribbean ports with young kids

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
We're looking at booking the 7 day western Caribbean cruise out of New Orleans. The ports are Cozumel Mexico, George Town Grand Cayman, and Falmouth Jamaica. We will be traveling with a 6 and 3 year old.

Do you recommend any excursions for this age range? ( I really wish you could sort the excursions by age)

We were thinking about just going to Royal Palms to have a beach day but we wont have any car seats with us. How do you manage that with littles?

Is it possible to walk off the boat to do anything at those ports?

Thanks!

Hope this helps. We have done the western with a 3 and 7 year old a few years ago and we are going again in Aug. I bought the bubblegum blow up car seat (on iihs as a good car seat but has a weird name - can buy on amazon and does not take up much room) when we travel. I also will NOT get into a vehicle without seat belts. It is not recommended to have a child sit on your lap ( you can google this). In Grand Cayman they tended to drive slower and we are going to the palms royal this time but we went to 7 mile beach last time at Calico jacks. We did the paradise beach on our own in Mexico that was very nice because it was really clean and had a pool- we ate and drank there with no issues. We brought bottle water for the kids. There were several cast members there too - the kids recognized them from the kids clubs. This time we are going to the island on the Catamaran. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your vacation!

Hope this helps. We have done the western with a 3 and 7 year old a few years ago and we are going again in Aug. I bought the bubblegum blow up car seat (on iihs as a good car seat but has a weird name - can buy on amazon and does not take up much room) when we travel. I also will NOT get into a vehicle without seat belts. It is not recommended to have a child sit on your lap ( you can google this). In Grand Cayman they tended to drive slower and we are going to the palms royal this time but we went to 7 mile beach last time at Calico jacks. We did the paradise beach on our own in Mexico that was very nice because it was really clean and had a pool- we ate and drank there with no issues. We brought bottle water for the kids. There were several cast members there too - the kids recognized them from the kids clubs. This time we are going to the island on the Catamaran. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your vacation!
Did you use the inflatable booster when you did your excursions a few years ago? Did you take a taxi?

yes, sorry if I wasn’t clear - we took taxis outside the port - we did not schedule a car service ahead of time but that is an option - however, I did not get into the taxi/van until I confirmed enough seat belts for the kids - I even gotten into arguments with taxi drivers insisting that no one had seat belts - which it not true - every port I’ve found taxis or vans with seat belts. the kids under 9 use the inflatable car seats but this time I have only one under 9. The bubblegum seats are awesome but there are other possibilities like the seat belt harness- sold on amazon too- see what works for your children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter