Western Bonaventure and LA ??

While you are at the La Brea Tar Pits you can also walk over to the LA Art Museum West (on the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax) which is an annex to the actual museum. You will find a Childrens Art Museum there with supplies for the kids to create their own art projects. The admission fee is $2. A short drive north on Fairfax will get you to the Farmers Market, a fun place for lunch or a snack.

Thanks Betty
OK One more question. My this trip is actually my birthday gift from my dh.My kids want to do something really special while we are there.We will actually be in Sandiego On my birthday but maybe we could celcbrate early in DL or later in LA. ANy suggestions?

I'm not sure what there is in San Diego. I believe that the Inn at La Jolla has an excellent restaurant. The Grand Californian has a really nice restaurant if you want to celebrate your bd at dl. There are some excellent restaurants in West Los Angeles (Valentinos, Melisse, Lutecq). I'm sure the concierge at your hotel will have a lot of selections besides those. You can catch a show at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, I'm not sure what will be playing when you visit LA. There is also the Ahmanson Theater in Century City (half way between downtown and West LA). You can check their websites for the schedule. The Greek Theater, Hollywood Bowl and Universal Studios have concerts in the summer. I've lived in L.A. my whole life, so please feel free to ask any questions.:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Dis4me,

If your going before Sept. 2003. Could you let me know how it went? I'm staying at the Bonaventure & have 3 kids. Thanks & hope you have a great time.

Sure JJohnson I'll let you know when we return.We will be there in June-July. I can't wait.

Thank you so much. I won a trip there from Regis & Kelly travel Trivia last fall. I can't wait to go. The replies to your post helped me alot too.

How Exciting:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
I wish I won our trip ;) but my dh will be there on business. How old are your kids?I will keep my eyes open for anything of interest when I am there.

yeah its very exciting. There's giving us the entire floor (4 bedroom king suite). My kids are 9,7,6. My nine year old asked if we could just all go to our own beds when we get there. Which is fine with me. The trip also includes Disney tics,Universal & city pass so I pretty much decided what were doing. Although we would really like to take a ride out to the desert but I haven't figured out how long of a drive it is. i was a little worried about the comments surrounding the hotel at night (we like to stroll) but this time we'll just stick to the hotel. Seems big enough!

That really sounds great.Congratulations.
I picked the hotel because of the size.I figured it would take a day to figure out where everything is. We are doing Disney and San Diego the week before the conference so maybe the kids will be content to sit in the hotel(yeah Right)
Anyway I will let you know how it is. You'll have a great time.

Originally posted by betty2379
There is also the Ahmanson Theater in Century City (half way between downtown and West LA).

Actually, the Ahmanson Theater is at the Music Center which is where the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion is also located. The Century City theater you were thinking of was the Shubert but that closed down a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter