• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

were to stay

kw1605

Earning My Ears
hello me and my girlfriend are going to disney oct1-7 were having a hard time deciding were to stay. we are 22 and 23 and on a moderate budget. we are looking for a place that is young adult friendly. can anyone give some recomedations on hotels onsite. we will be getting a 5day park hopper pass also.

thanks kevin

You can get good rates on the Swan or Dolphin, and the Epcot resort area offers the best night-time recreation for you IMHO. You would also have several dining spots and two theme parks within walking distance of your room.

If you can't swing one of those resorts, try POFQ. It is just a boat ride from DTD and the dining and recreation there. You are not as close to the theme parks, but you can get a room for a pretty good rate and still be part of the action.

I am...about twice your age...but I spent 6 nights at Pop (solo trip) last month and I think it will suit your needs. Now, I spent most of my time at the parks, but when I was at Pop, I did notice a lot of young people around when I was on my way to bed. There is a bar by the main pool and another in Everything Pop--which was not open during my stay, but I think it probably is open during the times the outdoor bar is closed (seasonal :confused3 ) The price was right, and the transportation to the parks and DTD was excellent.

While I don't know exactly what you consider a modest budget, here's a few suggestions: :wave2:
I would recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. It's my and my husband's fav of all the moderate priced resorts (and we're just a couple years older than you guys :teeth: ). It's very relaxing, the grounds are very beautiful, and it's really rather romantic. The boat launch to DTD is a plus if you like to be up late like us. Check into taking a carriage ride as well, your gf might like that. :lovestruc Rooms run around $160 per night at that time.

A cheaper option would be Pop Century Resort. It's nothing fancy, but it has everything you need - nice pool, food court, etc. It's definitely the most adult of the value priced resorts in my opinion. Our first stay there will be the same week, so I don't really have any more details on Pop, but everything I've heard about it is good. Rooms run around $90 then.

If you don't mind spending a little more, I have to say I love, love, love the Wilderness Lodge!! It's definitely our fav of all the resorts on Disney property. It's so cozy and nice, a great place to be. Restaurants are great, as is the boat launch to MK, and we like being able to watch the Electric Water Show at night from there. Rooms are around $230 then.

Hope this helps!! :thumbsup2

thanks for the replys we budgeted ourself to 1000 for the room for the week. i was looking offsite and condos in kissamee are only aroun 4-500 is it that much better to stay onsite?

thanks kevin

You can stay at a value for about $1000/wk. The off sites are much cheaper, but I personally prefer on-site. I think it adds to the "magic" of a Disney vacation.

You will definitely get more for your money offsite. However, if you are not planning on having a car you should stay onsite. You could also think about a Downtown Disney hotel. They are on Disney property but privately owned. I have been seeing really good rates for the Hotel Royal Plaza. I would highly reccomend this hotel. They provide excellent transportation to and from the Disney parks. It is within easy walking distance to Downtown Disney. Check out the website. http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/HotelRoyalPlaza.html

If you are set on staying onsite, I would also reccomend Port Orleans. Being centrally located to the Disney Parks, they also provide a nice boat ride to DTD, which is the best place for young adults. The Value resorts which are more likely to fit your budget are too noisy and bare bones for me.

1,000 should be able to get a moderate resort correct? If so, i also suggest Port Orleans.. But, where ever you decide.. book NOW! October is fast approaching!!

CSR is a large resort that doesn't share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it's a convention resort.

CSR offers a salon, spa, workout facility, full menu room service, a courtesy coach to assist in getting to and from the main building, and is the only moderate to offer suites. Many of these amenities are available because CSR is a convention resort.

If you're on the dining plan, you won't find a better CS spot than the Pepper Market. Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. The PM can be crowded on occasion because CSR is a convention resort, especially during the lunch hour. Lunch/Dinner Menu

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake. For comparison, CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake. Great place for a romantic walk romantic walk around the Lago Dorado, across the lighted bridge to the hammocks on the white sandy beach. This is best experienced at night. See pics on my website.

CSR has terrific transportation. It doesn't share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 7 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks. And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because convention guests are busy with their convention activities.

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. See the map below.

csrmap0kn.jpg

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and is right up there among the best on WDW property.

Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area. And being a convention resort, the pool seems less crowded because convention guests are busy with their convention activities.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

wb6r04.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.

• The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

wgs3tk.jpg

One last thing, did I mention it's a convention resort? CSR is a convention resort. So for those of you that didn't know, CSR is a convention resort.

kw1605 said:
thanks for the replys we budgeted ourself to 1000 for the room for the week. i was looking offsite and condos in kissamee are only aroun 4-500 is it that much better to stay onsite?

thanks kevin

Kevin,

Onsite is way better than offsite. Disney transporation; bus, boat or monorail is far better than renting a car and it's expenses that go along with it. Plus, you can take advantage of Extra Hours being at the resorts.

With All Star and Pop resorts, Disney had made it very hard for people to NOT stay onsite. These prices are as good as any clean and decent Holiday Inn on I-4 or 513 (whatever the route is).

I was on a businsess trip with a collegue of mine and we were staying at an Embassy Suites on I-4 near the convention center. We were not impressed with the surroundings but gave it a try. The hotel was dingy and by the time we got to the room, we were out of there. Dirty, nasty, etc.

I called my boss to tell him that we were looking elsewhere. He was fine with it but wanted me to spend no more than 20% more for a room.

We went to French Quarters and they were $1 more than Embassy Suites! Wow. What a deal.

My recommendations would be: Pop, French Quarter or Coronado Springs.

All Stars is having a major renovation on their pool (one of them) and in October, you would be missing out.

Let us know what you decide. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter