We're home...luggage still on vacation.

snels

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We just got home from 6 great days at WDW. Unfortunately, our luggage is still
on vacation. We flew Northwest out of Orlando to Minneapolis and then on to Duluth. The baggage handlers had from 1:30 to 3:15 to get our luggage on the plane to Duluth. There were about 10 other people on our flight who are in the same boat. We reported our loss in Duluth, and I guess the luggage is following us sometime tonight. The Northwest employee we spoke with said they will bring our luggage to us ( an hour and 1/2 away from Duluth).

Someone is supposed to call and tell us when we will receive our luggage. At least they screwed up on the end of the trip! All that is in the bags is dirty laundry! I hope we get out bags tomorrow!

Wow, well travelled dirty laundry :) That happened to my sister when they flew Westjet ( cnd airline) There luggage went to a whole other plane they went to Hamilton, the luggage went to Halifax. The joke was all week that there close had been to more places than they had. Here's hoping your luggage arrives soon.

believe it not the airlines have 30 days to produce your lost luggage.

AT, after 1st denying any responsiblity for my missing bag, pony'ed up after the person it was delivered to 1/2 way across the company tracked me down, wanting to know if i had her lost bag.;) wonder if she ever got it?
make sure you contact their customer service dept as to your inconvenience factor...@ the very least you should get a discount coupon for future travel.

@ the very least you should get a discount coupon for future travel.

OP will get nothing from the airline, not even an apology.

Someone is supposed to call and tell us when we will receive our luggage.

What usually happens is that someone just shows up at your front door with your luggage with no advanced notice. Sadly, I have some experience in lost luggage matters.

Well, hey I don't blame it. I mean really did YOU want to come back to this weather! The summery clothes in that luggage just wanted to avoid winter a little longer!

Seriously--I hope it turns up soon!

I just wanted to clarify that your luggage is 'delayed', not 'lost'. Lost luggage is when it never does turn up. Delayed makes it to your destination later in the day or week.

Luckily your luggage was delayed on the return, and not the outbound.

while I have had much delayed luggage over the years, I have never yet had a lost item.

lost*in*cyberspace said:
OP will get nothing from the airline, not even an apology.

What usually happens is that someone just shows up at your front door with your luggage with no advanced notice. Sadly, I have some experience in lost luggage matters.

join the club lol, we got vouchers galore:) , think it depends on how you approach the airline & how accommodating they feel on any given day.

even if the luggage is "just" delayed. it never hurts to ask;
wouldn't call it home until it lands on the doorstop of the owner.

I've even had luggage show up soaking wet @ final destination:confused3 and have gotten discount coupons/credits.

I have good news..Our luggage has made it home. We were called yesterday in the morning and the luggage service delivered late in the afternoon. The gentleman that made the delivery called us while he was on the road to let us know he would be a little later than the stated time.

Thanks for your replies. :sunny:

Merry Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter