• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

we're home :( live updates started page 2, summary on page 7

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
we're leaving for the airport in about 4 hours!!!
i'm waiting for delta online check in to open, going to do that, then off to gatwick!! we fly out 9am tomorrow :)

see you all in a couple of weeks :yay:

we're leaving for the airport in about 4 hours!!!
i'm waiting for delta online check in to open, going to do that, then off to gatwick!! we fly out 9am tomorrow
see you all in a couple of weeks :yay:

Have a super-special time!:)

Jules x

we're in the travelodge at the airport at the mo, the room is the same as always, basic but clean, and we've got a room overlooking the south runway which is cool!
Getting the 5.25am bus tomorrow morning to be at the airport by 6 for the 9am flight. Couldnt do delta online check in because of something to do with visas?
Going to try and pop on here a few times during the holiday, will be back in a couple of weeks :)
Thanks to everyone who's helped me plan this time!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2
DD and I are flying out a week today - we have made some t shirts to wear with some lime green mickey heads on with our board names underneath (suzycute and wishspirit) - please come and say hello if you see us! :thumbsup2

we couldnt sleep so we're now sat in gatwick airport at 4.40am, having got the 3.20am bus, waiting for check in to open. apparently the flight has been oversold according to delta's website, so hoping we dont have any problems getting onboard!!
i'm going to try and pop in during the holiday with live reports, so if you've got any questions, please ask!

Fingers crossed that you don't come across any problems.
Sounds like you will be first in the queue when check in opens so hopefully that will go in your favour :thumbsup2

How cute--Pooh made it to the end of your ticker!

Say hello to the love bugs :wave2:--there always seem to be a lot of them in September.

hi everyone from orlando!!
we got here saturday after a very long day travelling, delta flights were very good, our plane didnt have the seatback tvs but we kinda knew about this beforehand so we took laptops and mp3 players. the international leg of our flight got in an hour early, at one point we had a 121mph tail wind!! the 4 and 3/4 hour stopover in atlanta turned into a 6 hour one..... we would fly indirect again, but would make the point of getting a shorter stopover.
ME was excellent, our bus left about 1 minute after we got on it, i think we got lucky with our timing, we stopped at OKW first, then SSR. we checked in at SSR, and immediately were sooo glad we cancelled ASMu and rented DVC points (thanks claire!!). we got a lift from bell services to our room, in the carousel section. we had requested the congress park section, but didnt get it, no biggie though because we are in a really quiet area, havent seen anyone else go into our building since we got here!
the resort isnt as big as people say, from our room to the carriage house is 8 minutes walk through a gorgeous resort. we walked to DTD, didnt time this one, but probably was about 15-20 mins.
we landed at MCO at 7.10pm, by 9.10 we'd taken ME to the resort, checked in, dumped the luggage, and got to MK!!
we went to seaworld yesterday, gary had bought me the 7 hour VIP tour for my birthday, best thing ever. we were the only people in the tour so we had the guide to ourselved all day! because we didnt have anyone else with us, we got round the whole park in a day, we expected to have to go back today to do the rest of the shows and exhibits, but we made such good time that we got to all 3 shows, all of the exhibits, and even got to go backstage to the animal quarantine areas, and the service areas. i absolutely wouldnt hesistate to recommend this to anyone! went to walmart to stock up on food/drinks on the way home, then went to wolfgang puck express for dinner.
today gary went to the gym, we went to the florida mall, gun range, then came back, got changed and went to epcot. had lunch at sunshine seasons, the desserts there are yummy!! my cold has come back with a vengeance, and i have been feeling really ill all day, so we came back to SSR for a few hours, did some laundry while gary went for a swim, then went back to epcot for our 8.55pm ADR at teppan edo. the food there is great, we both had the shrimp and steak combo, yummy!! went to the boardwalk on the way back but everything was pretty much closed or closing by the time we got there.

MK tomorrow and MNSSHP!!

What a fantastic first few days. Iy certainly sounds like you are enjoying yourselves so far, though I hope your cold starts to disappear soon.
I'm looking forward to what you think of MNSSHP as we have our tickets for later in October.
Have a great night :hmghost:

We like a 2 hour change that usually allows for any delays or if early you don't have to wait around too long but we found Atlanta worst we have been thru, would want 3 hours if we go thru there again, our friends missed their connection in July, they only had 90 mins, even though on time transatlantic they couldn't make the connection.

We did the Seaworld tour a few years ago, really enjoyed but it was only $65 with AP discount, not sure I would pay todays rate. Now the one at Busch Gardens thats about $95 incl lunch and feeding giraffes is well worth it, much preffered that tour, we got a guide to ourselves on that one, really makes the day special.

Hope you feel better soon, ....waiting for next update:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter