We're going to freeze on this cruise!

madelinesmum

DIS Veteran
We're setting sail on Saturday and for the first time, I'm not excited! Why???

It's going to be in the 40's at Port Canaveral for starters. Only in the 60's at CC and in the low 70's in Cozumel!
The only change for true sun bathing weather is in Grand Cayman.
:sad2:

My heart goes out to you...when we went last November the weather wasn't great - poured rain in the Bahamas, a water spout swept the Wonder away when we were still boarding but our saving grace was our monring at CC it was decent enough to snorkel and bike but then a storm rolled in....we go again in March and I am praying that our weather will be better...we played a lot of BINGO so good luck

Well, that's winter for you. Just bundle up and drink lots of hot chocolate. :)

I think you'll still have a great time. We sailed the week of Christmas it wasn't swimming weather (at least IMO) in every port. But that meant we did other inside activities that we didn't do when we sailed in April. There is always something fun to do on a Disney cruise! After seeing some other people's pictures from Christmas, I realize there were more activities I never got a chance to do and would have loved. So my point is that you won't be bored rain or shine, there will be something fun to fill you days! Enjoy :goodvibes

one of my many fond memories is being bundled up in a cozy DVC towel, wearing sweats underneath and napping on a lounger in the sun on CC. Vacation is what you make of it! Just modify how you do things! ;)

I still would say that experiencing cold temperatures while on the ship is much more enjoyable than fighting snow and icy roads to get to work.

Awww, hang in there. We just did the 4 night NYE and the weather wasn't perfect either. CC was so windy when we got off the boat in the morning that the crew were wearing pants and coats with hoods. The sun finally came out and the wind died down. The water was too cold to swim in but the kids loved the beach and sitting in the warm sun with a coverup sure beat the -5 temps at home. ;)

I'm on this Saturday's sailing also and although I was looking forward to warm weather, I figure I'll just have to be happy that I'm chilly in the Caribbean instead of Idaho. :D

Last year we sailed at the same time on the Wonder and I couldn't believe how cold it was then. :cold:It warmed up enough for me to get into the water for swimming at CC, though.

Stop looking at the forecasts. They are wrong most of thime anyway. ;)
I hope you're pleasantly surprised by the weather. Have a wonderful cruise!

We're setting sail on Saturday and for the first time, I'm not excited! Why???

It's going to be in the 40's at Port Canaveral for starters. Only in the 60's at CC and in the low 70's in Cozumel!
The only change for true sun bathing weather is in Grand Cayman.
:sad2:

We're on the same cruise (will be our fifth DCL). We are FREEZING here, and can't wait for the 60s and 70s. It will be wonderful! I know you would wish for mid to high 70s, but take what you get and love it, because you could be freezing almost anywhere in the US next week.

Sounds like we won't be eating lunch outside on deck 9 after we get on Saturday, though...

I think you will still have a great time, even though swimming might be out of the question, there are still tons of activities to do inside. Good Luck! :)

Maybe you could use this trip to get that spa treatment you've never found time for...

:)

Best Wishes for a great vacation!

I"m sorry but that's why January is so much cheaper than July!:goodvibes

When we did the Mexican Riviera cruise back in 2005 (the week of July 4) we had a couple of gray, overcast, drizzly, windy days in the 50's!! We truely were freezing as we just didn't expect that in July!! Apparently some of it was some of the leftover "June Gloom" that occurs in Southern CA in early summer. But who knew?! The store on the ship couldn't stock the sweatshirts fast enough!! WE still had a wonderful time and managed to get addicted to cruising!! At least you know to pack for the weather AND it's still better than the teens, 20's & 30's you are hopefully leaving behind at home!:hug:

I remember sitting on the beach at CC wrapped in every piece of fabric I could find before having a stern discussion with myself and heading back to the ship. Oh well, those days happen. It doesn't mean it has to spoil your trip. Remember, if it's 40 in Florida, it's zero at home. Those are the days that you enjoy the Rainforest, drink hot tea, etc.....there's still a lot to do, even though swimming is probably not part of the action. OH, the pools are heated, so you're OK if you stay in the water! You do freeze when you get out though.

If you're leaving this Saturday, it looks like it will be in the mid 70's by the time you get to Castaway Cay. That's not too bad. :) At least that's what it said today. lol. You know how these things tend to change. It's the only profession where you can be wrong more than 50% of the time and still keep your job. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter