We're going to cruise the Dream

MinnesotaMouseketeers

DIS Veteran
We (DW and I) changed one of our dummy dates to cruise on the Disney Dream in December, 2013. This will be our first cruise on the Dream :cool1: We have done the Bahama's several times so while in Nassau we will stay on board exploring the ship, hit the spa, ride the water coaster.

Please feel free to let us know what is a 'not to miss' activity while we are cruising the Dream.

Another first, the night before we cruise we are staying at the
Animal Kingdom Lodge :thumbsup2, Arusha Savannah.

We are doing the exact same on Monday - AKL until Wednesday then the cruise on the Dream! :laundy:

We will let you know once we return. Do you know the room you are staying in?? We are in an aft room.

Our previous cruise on the Magic was in December and it always has a piece of my heart, being on Castaway Cay in December hearing Christmas carols being played on the steel drums - true brilliance.
G.

We (DW and I) changed one of our dummy dates to cruise on the Disney Dream in December, 2013. This will be our first cruise on the Dream :cool1: We have done the Bahama's several times so while in Nassau we will stay on board exploring the ship, hit the spa, ride the water coaster.

Please feel free to let us know what is a 'not to miss' activity while we are cruising the Dream.

We are doing the exact same on Monday - AKL until Wednesday then the cruise on the Dream! :laundy:

We will let you know once we return. Do you know the room you are staying in?? We are in an aft room.

Our previous cruise on the Magic was in December and it always has a piece of my heart, being on Castaway Cay in December hearing Christmas carols being played on the steel drums - true brilliance.
G.

We are in room 6072 about midship. I found it on the DCL website; it connects to another room and it's right across from the elevators. Both make me a little nervous because of the potential for noise. If anyone has any experience with this room or one similar please let us know what you thought of it. Debating if I want to change staterooms.

The decorations and music is one of the reasons we chose December. We have done December before and really missed these on our other cruises. Enjoy your cruise and looking forward to reading reviews.

I believe the rooms opposite elevators do bring with them more noise, we on the December cruise was across the ironing room and that did become noise in the afternoons - don't know how!

This is the reason we selected an aft room (8186) on this cruise.

We stayed in AKL in July with our daughter in a Savanah room and doing the same with our son soon. The views are excellent and kept our daughter silent (we told her if she made a noise the animals would go -and it worked).

Only had one issue we booked and paid for Arusha view and when we checked in the desk clerk was very vague about the room, so I went upstairs and took a look and it overlooked the car park! :crazy2:

Needless to say, when I returned to the front desk and expressed my disappointment he promptly gave me the key for the correct view. I gave him the choice - "give me the room I paid for or refund the difference..."

G.;)

I believe the rooms opposite elevators do bring with them more noise, we on the December cruise was across the ironing room and that did become noise in the afternoons - don't know how!

This is the reason we selected an aft room (8186) on this cruise.

We stayed in AKL in July with our daughter in a Savanah room and doing the same with our son soon. The views are excellent and kept our daughter silent (we told her if she made a noise the animals would go -and it worked).

Only had one issue we booked and paid for Arusha view and when we checked in the desk clerk was very vague about the room, so I went upstairs and took a look and it overlooked the car park! :crazy2:

Needless to say, when I returned to the front desk and expressed my disappointment he promptly gave me the key for the correct view. I gave him the choice - "give me the room I paid for or refund the difference..."

G.;)

Love it :rotfl2::rotfl: Thanks for the reply

If you or anyone are ever going to Denali National Park, I highly recommend staying at the Kantishna Road House. It's a lodge at the very end of the one road into the park. You have to take a bus to get there and whenever you see wildlife (and you will) they will stop for photo ops, can't get off.

If you see a grizzly bear the driver/guide will tell you to "only talk in a whisper; if you talk out loud we will leave". They don't want the bears getting use to hearing people talking. Hopefully if they hear you they turn and go the other direction. She said the adults are the worse offenders and they do start the motor and leave if they do not listen to the warning.

Sounds perfect, we usually get the Rainforrest pass for the length of the cruise. Bring a couple of good books & you're set. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter