We're booked at DC but....

HvnzCaress

Mouseketeer
where do we schedule in our time at SW?

DC is to be a complete surprise for my kids DD14 and DS11. Both have asked at different times about swimming with dolphins. I have gone so far as to lie to my children and tell them that in order to be able to do that particular activity in FL you must be able to scuba dive so it just isn't possible. When watching the travel channel special about SW, I changed the channel by supposedly sitting on the box when the DC part came on!

I've informed DC of the surprise element when I arranged for there to be a special occassion celebration during our day there for both kids birthdays. The woman said she would be sure to mark our reservations and they will try to do all they can to help keep the surprise going right up until our actual swim time.

Our DC day is scheduled for Saturday, August 23 and with it we get the 7 days admission to SW. I don't know if we should go to SW before or after our day at DC. I'm afraid if go before they will somehow learn what DC is all about and the surprise will be destroyed. I'm afraid if we go after they won't have much interest in SW cause they will have done the swim with dolphins already.

Anyone willing to give me their thoughts and sway me one way or the other?

They'll still be interested in SWF after DC because they will have learned alot.
When you go for the swim, the trainers are constantly giving information. Then when you goto SWF, it all makes sense.
I think they'll catch on to the surprise after you enter DC, because you can see the dolphin lagoons. I'm sure they'll be surprised and excited.

You could always go to SW a little bit before hand. We were scheduled for August 25th... and we got in to Florida the evening prior. We went to SW that evening for about 2 hours and just rode rides, and went to a show. (Shamu Rocks!)

Then we went to DC the next day... its an amazing place and well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter