• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Back!!!

hiwaygal

Only someone as wonderful as Donna can get my PM's

OMG!!! I can't say enough about how WONDERFUL our Disney wedding/honeymoon trip was! But as I'm just getting back into the "groove" of my "normal" life, I'm not sure when I'll get to a trip report! :rotfl:

We have seven rolls of film to develop and DH has our digital images (about 250 of them) on CD but I don't know where it is! I'm hoping to get them on a website soon and I'll share the link then!

A few quick thoughts:

SEA BREEZE POINT is a FABULOUS location for a ceremony! It was soo beautiful! I have some pics that I'll be sure to post when I can!

The Boardwalk Inn was a great location to stay! The "after hours" stuff was SOO worth it! And it being within walking distance to Epcot and MGM was wonderful for us! The room was beautiful and HUGE! I'm trying to figure out when we can go back although I don't think we'll do concierge again. It was great but we really didn't take advantage of all the benefits of staying concierge...it was great, it's just we didn't use it, you know??

We HATED the California Grill! UGH! $120 for a dinner neither of us liked at all was not worth it for us...yes, it was great to watch Wishes from our table, but the food was just not our style at all!

I HIGHLY recommend Liberty Tree Tavern (in MK) for a dinner!!! OMG!! IT WAS FABULOUS!!! We ate so much there I thought we were going to BUST!!

The characters were INCREDIBLE!!! Even for two adults!! During the parade at MK (can't remember the name of it) Cinderella said "congratulations" to us both from her giant snowglobe! princess: ...later we had our photo taken with Goofy who "borrowed" someone's autograph book to pretend he was marrying us (again)! :rotfl2: That is a picture we will treasure forever!! And, finally, Mickey "hinted" to us that he would never give Minnie a ring! :rotfl2: :rotfl: We laughed so hard over his antics! And poor Minnie didn't have a clue!

Anyway...the whole trip was fantastic...the Disney wedding was SO magical! I even managed to bring my "anniversary" cake home. We took the "big" part of the cake to the concierge lounge to let the cm's share it (there was NO WAY we could eat it all)...we are home and tired...but oh so in love with Disney!!!! :wizard: :cloud9:

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear all the details. Congratulations!

I'm so happy for you. It sounds like it was a wonderful wedding! Congratulations!!

The whole trip sounds like so much fun, I'm glad you both had a great experience. It's a good thing Minnie was "unaware" too, or she'd have decked Mickey, lol.
I'm happy you loved SBP. I'm looking into it for my ceremony venue and I've never been to Disney, so good response from brides helps.

Now comes the Disney withdraw ... :cold:

Jillybean626 said:
The whole trip sounds like so much fun, I'm glad you both had a great experience. It's a good thing Minnie was "unaware" too, or she'd have decked Mickey, lol.
I'm happy you loved SBP. I'm looking into it for my ceremony venue and I've never been to Disney, so good response from brides helps.

Now comes the Disney withdraw ... :cold:

This was our first trip to Disney too...and I had never seen SBP except in pictures...trust me when I say they don't do it justice!!! There is NOTHING like being there!

Yes, there is some Disney withdrawal...but talking about our trip here on the DIS helps a lot! :)

Wow! I can't wait to hear more. I am very impressed you decided to marry there and you didn't already know how great it is :goodvibes :teeth: :wizard:

WithDisneySpirit said:
Wow! I can't wait to hear more. I am very impressed you decided to marry there and you didn't already know how great it is :goodvibes :teeth: :wizard:

Well...I kinda knew that Disney would be great! :teeth: But never seeing any of the locations or anything made it really strange to plan.

Originally we were going to stay at the Poly and get married at Sunset Pointe...but we wanted to stay concierge and the Poly concierge building was going to be renovated while we were there...we didn't want to take the chance of it being closed and all so we switched...and we are SO GLAD we did!

The Boardwalk Inn was beautiful!!! And the boardwalk itself was so exciting...one night we came back to our room and there was a magician performing on the boardwalk below our room. He was hilarious! We watched from the balcone as he did a few tricks and finish off his show with an escape from a straight jacket. He was very very funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter