• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Back

mickeymo

DIS Veteran
We're back from 3/13 Magic - my brain is still on vacation - think this got partially posted in the meet area
my trip report - cliff notes:

overall: wow!
dining: apl
key west - college break - ugh!
grand cayman - sting rays - cool!
Cozumel - Fun on the Fury
Cast-away Cay - speechless!!
Shows: - incredible! The awestruck look on my daughter's face during disney dreams left me teary-eyed.

Thanks to all the wonderful dis'ers who contribute ideas and experiences- we were on board early, made palo brunch and dinner reservations, registered the kids in the club and lab, got tickets for tea with Wendy, nabbed a cabana massage reservation & rainforest passes in the spa, probably ate our weight in shrimp at Topsiders, and still had the kids in the pool swimming and we were relaxing in lounge chairs by 1:30.

looks on dd6 & ds9's faces when I ordered a mickey mouse bar off the kids menu for dessert Saturday night (and then when I "whined" when their bars got sprinkles and mine didn't...) and their looks at the character breakfast on Sunday when I ordered Mickey Mouse waffles: Priceless! My dd6 said "But, you're the parent!!!!!...."

So, I've just finished my first Disney cruise and managed to not get in an arguement with my in-laws the entire trip! Now what am I going to do? I'm going to Disney World!!! May 21-25!!!

Sounds like you had a great vacation.

I am counting down the days until my 6th Disney Cruise.

Have fun at Disney World.

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a truly MAGICal cruise!!! Isn't it great when you can get on a Disney ship, act like a kid, and get away with it!!!

SOunds like you got a LOT done when you boarded. What time did they start letting people on the ship?

Sounds like a great trip. Tell us about the "Fury" experience!! Also, was the cabana massage worth it?

sigh, the stateroom attendant didn't make the bed this a.m. and my coffee wasn't delivered...Now, I have all of the unpacking and laundry to do...

jjsmama, the lines open at 10:30 to receive your kttw cards and we boarded the boat at noon. Much to my dfil's dismay - he hates to wait...we were up early waiting to catch the 1st shuttle from the airport, waiting in line for when they opened the desk at 10:30 and waiting in the line to board at noon. While we weren't the first on - we were in the 1st 50 or so...

jlawall - The fury catamaran was very popular. there was over 200 people registered...- my dh who loves to scuba & snorkel was a bit anxious that we were going to be jammed into a catamaran as we were near the end of the line. But, when the first boat hit capacity, they brought a 2nd...There were only about 50 people on our boat....The snorkeling was not great - it's much better at chankanaub...Once the photographer was done feeding the fish, they disappeared...we weren't on a reef - so nothing to look at....As a paranoid lifeguard mom, it was a bit unsettling because the current was very strong - and there were a lot of kids as well as adults who were not strong swimmers. Fury's private beach was nice. Lots to do or not do...The kids had a great time dancing on the way back to the ship...They talk more about the beach and the dancing than the snorkeling. IMO, for what little we saw, I'd go to chankanaub...

dh said I was like jelly oozing back down the beach after my massage...Would I specifically do a cabana massage again? Even though it was nice listening to the wind in the trees and Audri was fantastic - I'd probably book one again on the boat with her ...The rainforest passes were wonderful, my husband spent a lot of time in there...I loved the heated lounge chairs...I felt a weekly pass was well worth the $. There were several afternoons after excursions we were the only ones in the rainforest.

Thx for your quick response.... so in your opinion Chakanab (sp?) beach was better than Fury. What didn't you like about the cabana?

SO, Mickeymo, did you get the waffles with or without strawberries on top? Maybe I will try these when I get there in May but I do not think I will get the same reaction. You see, my DD and DS already know that Daddy is the biggest kid of them all. I am glad you had such a wonderful trip, your report just makes the anticipation that much sweeter -- kinda like the Mickey ice cream:earseek:

Oh, you mean like this Mickey ice cream bar??? Doesn't this just make your mouth water???

August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20097.jpg

Originally posted by goofyguy1958
Yes, but where are the sprinkles (jimmies here in the Philadelphia area)?

We didn't get any jimmies on our Mickey bars. :scared1:

Here's our picture with the sprinkles on our bars. Notice whose bar ended up with the most ;)

mickeybar.jpg

Sounds like a great cruise!!! Was the ship booked to capacity? Did they do anything special for St Patricks day? Thanks for your posts. I love to read what others experieced on the cruise - gets me more excited about our first cruise.:sunny:

Hi mickeymo, deco here!

I can't believe it is over!! It is so hard to come back to reality after being so spoiled all week.

AKB, there was a sign at check-in that said the ship was full, no upgrades available. They did have a late night St Patty's day party in Diversions and there was green beer available on board all day.

I have to agree with mickeymo, I had all our ressies done and we were eating lunch BEFORE 1:00PM. THANK YOU to everyone here on the DIS boards. I will be posting my list of comments on a new thread soon.

Mickeymo

Thanks for the report. How was the weather? We leave this coming Saturday. After reading all these posts, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it this whole week. The kids are antsy and I'm sure I'll be absolutely useless at work this week!!:o

Lynn

We were on the same cruise and had a very nice time.
According to the cruise director on the night of the farewell show...Our trip was the first in a long time to have such great weather. Every day was pretty nice and the seas were quite calm.
It rained for a little while in Cozumel and was kind of cold then but other than that GREAT weather.
Castaway Cay was very nice...only a few clouds in the sky (for decoration.)
They had a magician/ventrolquist doing shows on board that was seriously hilarious. DO NOT MISS HIS ACT!
Have Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter