We're back!! :) well, almost....

Hunclemarco

DIS Veteran
Hello...

Was a DVC member back in 2008, then had to leave in 2010. We're now almost back!

I say almost because we're in the process of buying a contract now. It's a 55 point Saratoga Springs contract. I'm kinda confident that it will pass ROFR, but it's anyones guess. (can't you tell? already have my SSR logo in my signature) We're building up slow. That was part of our problem a few years back. Addonitis set in majorly, and between that, failing health, and a cut in hours/pay, we had to give our contracts back. Now, we're taking the advice of many on here, and paying cash for our contracts outright. We'll be looking for our 2nd contract within the next 6-8 months. Within a year or so we hope to have what we'll need for years to come.

I do have a question though... The realty agent mentioned that the points are locked up in a bankrupcy case. Does anyone know just how long something like this may possibly take?

If all goes well, we'd like the contract to clear and be usable by Mid to late April, to take advantage of transfering our 10 day hoppers to the AP perk. If that doesn't work out, i'll be fine with that...like i said it's a perk. And i know that it's cutting it close without added delays.

On a different note, i'd like to say thank you to the many of you and your insight and comments here on the DIS, specifically the DVC community here. Your shared knowledge has been muchly appreciated! :thumbsup2

:welcome: (back) HOME! (almost)

Good luck with ROFR! Sorry, don't know much about the bankruptcy stuff. Hopefully it won't keep you from getting your membership by April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter