We're ALL 50 here! And maybe a little MAD too.....a 50th anniversary/celebration/ Party TR *WHO 'DIS? Update 12/20*

but with one person not really fancying a big dinner on any given night and wanting to either just have apps and dessert or whatever so our overall bill can be higher than the prix fixe especially when you add in wine etc. I do think it becomes a bit like mass produced school dinners when they go down this route and the quality definitely suffers.
I agree on both counts, we love getting apps and only eat dessert AT dinner maybe 50% of the time. Too many treats out in the parks and resorts to always eat at dinner and I'm often too full but then want a snack a few hours later!
I dread to think how bad this could have been if he hadn’t had all 3 jabs!
And how is he feeling now?
oh you poor deprived soul there is clearly a whole world of chocolate
If I didn't make it clear already - this is as good a reason as any to come visit you lol!
Okay makes sense. Did you have any issues with motion sickness?
Yes. I did have to keep my eyes shut for portions of the ride- or just squint so I could kind of see. I also have to do that on FOP, some days more than other days but not enough that it ruins the ride for me. Part of why I needed to do it on Remy is the spinning of the vehicle.
Well I'm rushing out on the school run but just wanted to say my day will be grand now that I know you met the boyfriend and had the poutine. I mean that's it-life ain't getting any better than that! :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:
See you get it :rotfl2:
Glad you got to see your boyfriend again on this trip!! Sorry he wasn't able to lotion you up this time though...stupid covid taking away everything from us!!
I'm waiting for the day we can lotion strangers again :rolleyes1
We're excited to try Ratatouille next month! It's on our list of "we'll pay for it if we have to!"
Yeah I'm pretty sure Disney counted on that with Remy; people who are looking forward to the cuteness paying for it. And if I hadn't ridden prior to Genie +, I would pay for it too.
Such a lovely celebration. Glad you felt honored and appreciated!
Thank you, I honestly did! And I do love what I do :love:
Hope this trend doesn't carry over into next week
You mean THIS week!!! Whoo can't wait my friend!
. We did see this on our one day in Epcot in September and had no clue what it was. Very random
I know, no idea how or why it got there. But I guess if someone wants to sponsor something, Disney doesn't turn them down.
Hope he knows you are coming next week so he can wait for his faire maiden
Well if he doesn't he will be MOST pleasantly surprised 🇦🇽

Yes. I did have to keep my eyes shut for portions of the ride- or just squint so I could kind of see. I also have to do that on FOP, some days more than other days but not enough that it ruins the ride for me. Part of why I needed to do it on Remy is the spinning of the vehicle.
Hmmm... wonder how I'll fare. Not a fan of MS orange, but don't feel any ill effects with FOP...

And how is he feeling now?
Hungover :rotfl:We may have celebrated his release from covid jail to the living room with a glass or 3 of Shiraz! I on the other hand am made of mighty stuff and currently sitting up in bed ( oh how I love you soft and sumptuous bed) reading the Dis :rotfl2: He really wasn’t bad at all. 1 rough night and that was pretty much it. Thank you vaccines and to the scientists who make them :worship:
If I didn't make it clear already - this is as good a reason as any to come visit you lol!
Welcome anytime though after my stint in the sofabed I’d highly recommend staying in a hotel:rotfl: Belfast has some great places to stay and we’ve stopped killing eachother for a few years now so all good plus the craic is mighty when you know the right people!:wave: I’ll be sure to get the heroes here though in anticipation of your arrival 😘
I'm waiting for the day we can lotion strangers again
:rotfl:
Well if he doesn't he will be MOST pleasantly surprised
We’re going to need photographic evidence of his wee surprised face!:rotfl2:

This is now a relaxation spot of sorts sponsored by Florida Blue Healthcare
Hey Ariane,

Been a wild week with the tornado and loss of internet. But thought I'd pop in and say hi. Just trying to catch up and miss my DISHomies. :)

Curious, did you have to show your app to get in. They made me download it and show it before they'd let me in. Anyway, picking up where I left off. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Been a wild week with the tornado and loss of internet. But thought I'd pop in and say hi. Just trying to catch up and miss my DISHomies. :)
Hey Liesa! As you see I haven't even been on pretty much since we got back from our trip earlier this month so you haven't missed much! But ugh those pictures you shared of the tornado :( Glad you stayed safe and have internet back now!

Curious, did you have to show your app to get in. They made me download it and show it before they'd let me in.
I did not but someone I was with did. Interestingly enough when I was there a couple weeks ago the signs were down, just the Akershus sign there so I think it's empty currently? I haven't heard anything either way.......................

Hellooo...................

Anyone still there??

It's been like, a MONTH since I updated, I can't believe it! Well, I'm determined to see this through, I think there's only been one TR I left hanging and that was way back when I started writing them. I apologize for my absence! After Thanksgiving it felt like a whirlwind starting Christmas stuff, and then our quick Christmas Disney trip was here, and since we've been back nothing has slowed down! I am done shopping ✅ did my cookie baking today ✅ Christmas cards out ✅ and tomorrow plan to do a bulk of the wrapping I have left so other than being tired and having 100 people coming to the house in a few days, I feel pretty positive 🤪 I also hit my work goal this month- have now exceeded it- and I feel pretty darn good about it as I am one of only 21 people in my agency to have acheived that level.
Oh and when we were in Disney earlier this month, besides seeing Jenny and Joe we finally got to see the Stone Family @kastoney for the first time post-COVID!

But here I am now, so let's go back to Oct. 2nd and the 2nd half of our day!

I left off with us exiting Epcot after a visit with my favorite Norwegian. I had to do some work back at the resort, and then we headed down to DS for some shopping and a bite to eat. This was like a totally reservation free day dining wise and it worked out so well! We were finally able to try a new to us QS spot:

I kept hearing great things about the food here and was eager to try it, but whenever we came here we either had reservations or had just eaten, but boy am I glad it worked this time! The food was GREAT. We tried a variety of things but I think the standout for me was the tomato and watermelon salad. We didn't get back this month but I WILL go back for sure! It's also a lot bigger inside than I realized with quite a bit of seating.

OK! We shared the

Sweet Potato Tots
with Parmesan Cheese

Grilled Street Corn
with Chipotle Aïoli and Breadcrumbs

Tomato and Watermelon Salad
with Feta, Basil and Pickled Onions

And then I got the
Burnt Ends BBQ Meatballs
House Brisket, Cheddar Grits and Layla’s Sweet BBQ Sauce

While Steve had the
Low & Slow Brisket
Prime Brisket, Pimento Cheese, Porter BBQ, Pickled Jalapeños and Onion Straws served with a Pickle Spear

We made one more food stop at another new to us place, Everglazed Donuts. I love donuts but don't eat them often because, ahem, one just isn't filling enough :rolleyes1 We were a little disappointed that they were out of our 1st choices due to difficulty getting ingredients, but you really can't blame places for this so we quickly chose others. We ate them the next morning and while they weren't bad by any means, they weren't special enough for us to return.
In our sad state I went with a basic strawberry iced with sprinkles, and Steve got the S'Mores Galore, neither of which I got a picture of.

Afterwards we met up with Jenny and Joe and watched the new version of the EWP again before calling it another good day! And we still had another 2.5 days left!

It's been like, a MONTH since I updated, I can't believe it! Well, I'm determined to see this through, I think there's only been one TR I left hanging and that was way back when I started writing them. I apologize for my absence! After Thanksgiving it felt like a whirlwind starting Christmas stuff, and then our quick Christmas Disney trip was here, and since we've been back nothing has slowed down! I am done shopping ✅ did my cookie baking today ✅ Christmas cards out ✅ and tomorrow plan to do a bulk of the wrapping I have left so other than being tired and having 100 people coming to the house in a few days, I feel pretty positive 🤪 I also hit my work goal this month- have now exceeded it- and I feel pretty darn good about it as I am one of only 21 people in my agency to have acheived that level.
Good for you being on top of all the Christmas shopping! I finally finished as Jamie took forever getting his list to me. I had all my cookies made but the three vultures I call my sons devoured them all. But how happy am I to have them home? I will make more cookies.....

I need to wrap but the gifts going to PEI are done and shipped out so that is one thing off my list. Did you say 100 people????? We are back to no more than 10 people allowed to gather due to the lovely new variant. We got boosted last night and the boys go in early January. So tired of all of this!

Yay again on your awesome achievement! So well done. :goodvibes
Oh and when we were in Disney earlier this month, besides seeing Jenny and Joe we finally got to see the Stone Family @kastoney for the first time post-COVID!
Love this!! Great picture of you all!
I kept hearing great things about the food here and was eager to try it, but whenever we came here we either had reservations or had just eaten, but boy am I glad it worked this time! The food was GREAT. We tried a variety of things but I think the standout for me was the tomato and watermelon salad. We didn't get back this month but I WILL go back for sure! It's also a lot bigger inside than I realized with quite a bit of seating.
Mmmm, sounds delicious! We definitely want to try it out in March. :)

Congratulations! You must be really busy this month.
I definitely am! It's been a crazy year for work in a very good way!
We missed the EWP when we were at the WL in October. One of these days we will get back there.
I enjoy staying other places but always look forward to returning to the WL. We were happy with our stay at Boardwalk Inn this month and currently are trying the Dolphin in March so that means WL will probably need to be right after that lol.
I had all my cookies made but the three vultures I call my sons devoured them all. But how happy am I to have them home? I will make more cookies.....
:rotfl:
I put some in a separate tin with a note saying "you can eat these" on them lol!
You must be VERY happy :goodvibes As much mess as Ricky makes it just feels better when everyone is under one roof.
Did you say 100 people????? We are back to no more than 10 people allowed to gather due to the lovely new variant.
I exaggerated, I exaggerated! COVID or not I do not want to host 100 people lol!
My sister and her 3 boys are coming up from Georgia in a couple days so they'll be here Xmas Eve. Then on Xmas Day they'll be here again along with my mom, my BIL, SIL and nephew who are local and then my granddaughters of course so it'll be 16 total which still fills the house. Right now even though NY has some new mandates they haven't put a # on get togethers. We have friends we always get together with for the holidays as well, another family of 4 and this year it's our turn to host so we'll see if that happens, we have a tentative date set for early January.......on the one hand I love having holidays here but it's so tiring!
Yay again on your awesome achievement! So well done. :goodvibes
:thanks: I appreciate that! I love my job, it's fun, but also not always easy. The end result is satisyfing though!
Mmmm, sounds delicious! We definitely want to try it out in March. :)
I'd been wanting to try that and a couple other DS QS for awhile; so many places in Disney to try! We got to try D'Luxe Burger this month but weren't as impressed as we were with Polite Pig.

We were happy with our stay at Boardwalk Inn this month and currently are trying the Dolphin in March so that means WL will probably need to be right after that lol.
We have trouble giving up the convenience of the Epcot resorts for the beauty of the WL. It would help if the WL had bigger discounts, too. My sister stayed at the Dolphin in Oct but had a room that was just about as far away from the lobby as you can get. The price was good, though.
Right now even though NY has some new mandates they haven't put a # on get togethers.
You are really having a busy Christmas! It is nice to be back together with family, though. I have a feeling that most people will just gather as they normally would and not worry about the pandemic.

Hellooo...................

Anyone still there??
Nope.
I apologize for my absence!
And so you should! I mean... really! :snooty:
did my cookie baking today
Me too!

Well. You posted this yesterday, but I only read it today. Today was my one and only day off and I spent a fair chunk of it baking. :laughing:
having 100 people coming to the house in a few days,
O.M.G... :faint:
I feel pretty positive 🤪
DON'T SAY THAT!!!!

:faint:
I also hit my work goal this month- have now exceeded it- and I feel pretty darn good about it as I am one of only 21 people in my agency to have acheived that level.
Hey! Good for you! Congrats. :)
Nice. :)
Nothing like a DISmeet. :)
We were finally able to try a new to us QS spot:
I've heard good things. :)
The food was GREAT.
Yuss... Another satisfied customer.
I think the standout for me was the tomato and watermelon salad.
mmm... that does sound good.
Grilled Street Corn
with Chipotle Aïoli and Breadcrumbs
Is that the same as what they served at the festivals?
And then I got the
Burnt Ends BBQ Meatballs
House Brisket, Cheddar Grits and Layla’s Sweet BBQ Sauce
Everything sounds so good, but that sounds awesome!
I love donuts but don't eat them often because, ahem, one just isn't filling enough :rolleyes1
:rolleyes1
We ate them the next morning and while they weren't bad by any means, they weren't special enough for us to return.
Not exactly glowing praise. Then again... I guess I don't expect too much from donuts.

Christmas is coming crazy fast this year yikes! I have all my shopping, cards, and baking done ✅ I hate wrapping gifts 😩 I mostly use gift bags!
I’m glad you had a nice trip, sorry we didn’t get to meet up. It was crazy busy at Disney!
I loved Polite pig as well, I can’t get Andi back because of the limited vegetarian options. Andi does not like Turkey and they don’t have the type of chicken she will eat. I loved the brisket and sides we had.
I haven’t tried Everglaze donuts, I hear the spicy chicken donut sandwich is quite good.

My sister stayed at the Dolphin in Oct but had a room that was just about as far away from the lobby as you can get. The price was good, though.
I'm on the fence about trying it. Every time we go to Il Mulino I think, let's try one of these resorts out! But now that we're booked I'm like.......do I really want to try it lol
It is nice to be back together with family, though. I have a feeling that most people will just gather as they normally would and not worry about the pandemic.
I agree :)

Well. You posted this yesterday, but I only read it today. Today was my one and only day off and I spent a fair chunk of it baking. :laughing:
That's cool you baked! What kind of cookies did you make?
DON'T SAY THAT!!!!

:faint:
lol I know, I thought about that as I wrote it...................
s that the same as what they served at the festivals?
Hmm I don' t think we've had the street corn at the festival so not sure? But probably a bit different.
Everything sounds so good, but that sounds awesome!
OMG those meatballs were so good! And the grits were too and I do not usually like grits.
Not exactly glowing praise. Then again... I guess I don't expect too much from donuts.
Yeah, I mean I like donuts but I guess I don't LOVE donuts; not impressed.
’m glad you had a nice trip, sorry we didn’t get to meet up. It was crazy busy at Disney!
Me too! Yes it was busier in Nov. and this month than at the 50th; crowds have returned!
I loved Polite pig as well, I can’t get Andi back because of the limited vegetarian options.
Oh hadn't even thought about that, that's too bad!

That's cool you baked! What kind of cookies did you make?
I only had time for one kind. If I don't make them, my family would revolt. (Heh... my family would be revolting...)
I make milk chocolate dipped shortbread cookies.
lol I know, I thought about that as I wrote it...................
Sheesh!
OMG those meatballs were so good! And the grits were too and I do not usually like grits.
I've only had grits once and apparently I didn't make them right. So... I have no idea!

've only had grits once and apparently I didn't make them right. So... I have no idea!
I do NOT like grits. It is totally not a NY thing and i never had them until my mom moved south when I was in my 20's, and I thought they were absolutely gross. For the most part I still do, it's a consistency thing, but for whatever reason these particular grits were :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We never made to the Polite Pig on our trip because the queue was always immense when we were at DS.

But we did try the donuts at Everglazed per recommendation of CM manning the queue at Gideon's and like you, felt their donuts were nothing special, especially for $7 a piece.

Last edited:
Finally caught up! I’m sad we didn’t run into you on the 50th but the day really felt strange to me! The ride lines were so short and the merch was insane lol. I was in the emporium that morning when the fight broke out and couldn’t get out of there fast enough!!

I do NOT like grits. It is totally not a NY thing and i never had them until my mom moved south when I was in my 20's, and I thought they were absolutely gross. For the most part I still do, it's a consistency thing, but for whatever reason these particular grits were :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
We don't have grits around here either and I don't think I would purposely order a serving of them. But I do like them in dishes like shrimp and grits. :)

I have a feeling that I won't like them no matter how they're prepared... but I'm willing to at least try. But so far... haven't been thrilled. None of the family was, actually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter