We'll We Ever Meet N Greet The Characters again?

So just to clarify, there are no "roaming" characters anywhere in the parks, like at galaxy's edge and so forth?

Just in selected areas/stages?

Then I guess, we’ll never get to meet n greet the characters again.:sad:
You can still meet & greet, only not hug & autographs at the moment. I had some great interactions with Kristof, Anna, Elsa, and others last year in Paris during social distanced meets. Believe me there is a lot more possible than you think. You can still talk, even through a mask, you can gesture. Fur characters are great at speaking by using body language and gestures.

Hugging is in the DNA of Americans. People hug each other in the US very quickly in comparison to other cultures. I would be very surprised if hugging characters, face & fur, will be cancelled indefinitely.
Changes in culture and in behaviour don't change that quickly.

Last edited:
While I'm happy that people don't have to wear masks and social distance. But, I'm still sad that the characters can't meet and greet. I guess the social distancing characters may last forever, unless I read it wrong.

While I'm happy that people don't have to wear masks and social distance. But, I'm still sad that the characters can't meet and greet. I guess the social distancing characters may last forever, unless I read it wrong.
If it's safe enough for me to squeeze into the stretching room with a bunch of other guests, then it's safe enough for me to stand next to a character for a photo.

Disney is going to start looking out of step if they don't bring the characters back soon. They NEED people in line to see characters. There isn't enough other stuff to eat up the crowds.

If it's safe enough for me to squeeze into the stretching room with a bunch of other guests, then it's safe enough for me to stand next to a character for a photo.

Disney is going to start looking out of step if they don't bring the characters back soon. They NEED people in line to see characters. There isn't enough other stuff to eat up the crowds.
So, what's your point?

Character meet and greets eat up such a tiny fraction of the crowds that I don't really see your point. Its not going to reduce capacity much elsewhere.

I think it's possible it might happen after Thursday. Right now, all employees have to continue wearing masks and maintain social distancing per CalOSHA rules, but the Governor's executive order that allows employees who are vaccinated to stop wearing masks also ends the social distancing requirements. But Disney might wait for CalOsha to officially approve the rule on Thursday before deciding on the next steps.

I think it's possible it might happen after Thursday. Right now, all employees have to continue wearing masks and maintain social distancing per CalOSHA rules, but the Governor's executive order that allows employees who are vaccinated to stop wearing masks also ends the social distancing requirements. But Disney might wait for CalOsha to officially approve the rule on Thursday before deciding on the next steps.
Ah! Got it! Well, I don't know if it'll happen quickly, but thank you for giving me hope.

Honestly I don't think character meet and greets are going to happen any time soon. Disney is not going to force cast members to come into physical contact with unmasked guests.
I was afraid you're going to say that. I guess the characters will be social distancing forever. :sad1: God, I'm such a drama queen!

I have to be honest, I don’t hate this new way. Granted my kids are older, so I look at it through a different lens, but the interactions have been SO much better because it’s not just a line of sign the book/take the pic and then “next”.

I’m sure the traditional ones will come back at some point, but I’m good with this for now.

What I think Disneyland is gonna do once meet and greets return with the characters is that the meet and greets will be renamed Character Experiences and they'll give guests the option of just meeting the characters for free or get a photo and an autograph for a small fee. Because I think ever since character meet and greets began people see them as an annoying pain to wait in long lines to meet characters. I mean your kids want to meet Mickey and Minnie and other characters not buying groceries at Ralph's. But I think once meet and greets return Disneyland will improve them

What I think Disneyland is gonna do once meet and greets return with the characters is that the meet and greets will be renamed Character Experiences and they'll give guests the option of just meeting the characters for free or get a photo and an autograph for a small fee. Because I think ever since character meet and greets began people see them as an annoying pain to wait in long lines to meet characters. I mean your kids want to meet Mickey and Minnie and other characters not buying groceries at Ralph's. But I think once meet and greets return Disneyland will improve them
Sorry, but that’s ridiculous. Unless you’re joking.

My sister is a CM and she said she asked a guest relations cast member about this very thing. Apparently, people are not complaining about the new way to see characters, in fact: they are getting positive feedback more often than not.

That said, there is far too much money to be made on autograph books and pens.

My sister is a CM and she said she asked a guest relations cast member about this very thing. Apparently, people are not complaining about the new way to see characters, in fact: they are getting positive feedback more often than not.

That said, there is far too much money to be made on autograph books and pens.
Never mind. I done it again. Yeesh! At least I don't watch soap operas.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter