Well this looks like a fun NCL cruise...

RivShore

DIS Veteran
We all understand that weather happens but what's with the overflowing toilets...

nypost.com/2019/10/09/passengers-revolt-as-cruise-turns-into-holiday-from-hell/

Did the passengers not read their cruise contract that the captain can change the itinerary as needed?
You think they should? :laughing::laughing:

Seriously, people book cruises anywhere from a week out to a year and half ahead, and are surprised when ports have to be skipped. I think that ANYONE should be aware that a northern Atlantic cruise in the fall could involve skipped ports.

It also sounds like the ship did visit 8 ports (not the 9 on the original itinerary). Yes, some of them were not on the original itinerary, but, really, to demand a refund for something that's out of the control of the cruise line?

We left from Southampton once for three night cruise. Supposed been two ports. The seas were so bad they could not dock to either. Brugge and Le Havre I think it was. I totally understood safety was more important but wasn’t happy the cruise line didn’t put more activities on due to it

Last year on our dcl panama we lost a port again due to weather. I appreciated again we were being kept safe and just one of those things

Overflowing toilets is one thing, but you are ruining your own 14-day holiday by staging a near-mutiny over a couple of missed ports.

If I was on this cruise I would be upset for missing these ports but I wouldn't have reacted they way these passengers did. I've been on a cruise where the our port stop where canceled due to safety. Yeah, I wasn't happy but I understood and just made the best of it.

Actually this one was posted 2 hours before the other one...not that I'm keeping score or anything...:)

I can kind of understand wanting a refund but joining a revolt on board is a great way of making sure you never get to take another cruise.

I've cruised the North Atlantic many times and the seas were always rough. Even at 200 ft submerged!! Port calls were far and few between, and I never got a refund!!

USN Submarine Vet '76 - '84: SSBN 626, SSBN 656
OK, but the beautiful thing about our service is that if the seas are rough at 200 feet, then I could always say, "Diving Officer, make your depth 400 feet."

:)

USS Michigan (SSBN 727)(BLUE), USS Alaska (SSBN 732)(BLUE); currently SUBLANT Fleet Historian.

I've cruised the North Atlantic many times and the seas were always rough. Even at 200 ft submerged!! Port calls were far and few between, and I never got a refund!!

USN Submarine Vet '76 - '84: SSBN 626, SSBN 656
OK, but the beautiful thing about our service is that if the seas are rough at 200 feet, then I could always say, "Diving Officer, make your depth 400 feet."

:)

USS Michigan (SSBN 727)(BLUE), USS Alaska (SSBN 732)(BLUE); currently SUBLANT Fleet Historian.
Thank you both for your service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter