• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, it lasted 4 months, but now it's gone...

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Please give me a moment of silence as I mourn the loss of my fourth Mickey antenna topper. This one lasted the longest - 4 months. I even put hypoxyglue on it so it couldn't be stolen, but someone just had to have it. I'm really surprised they didn't take the entire antenna, but they didn't. It was a good one too....I got the Mickey Mouse Canadian Flag one at Epcot this past summer.
I am saddened, but will survive. A moment please for all the antenna toppers that have been stolen....
Jo

Why do people do this????
*sigh*

Just means we have to go back and get more...;)

:sunny:

LOL that's a great idea, Tabetha! ;)

I didn't want to take a chance with my Mickey antenna topper. I also have the Canadian flag one. I put it on a straw and stuck the straw into the corner of my car's middle top-of-the-dashboard vent. It stayed protected inside my car and could be seen through the front window.

Unfortunately, my new car doesn't have a dash vent, like my old car's, in fact it doesn't even have an antenna (it's in the glass), so I'm trying to come up with another idea. I might just suspend it on a cord, from my rear view mirror.

So sorry that someone stole yours, ChisJo. :(

TimNDansMom said:
....so I'm trying to come up with another idea. I might just suspend it on a cord, from my rear view mirror.

(

That's a good idea!!

:sunny:

What a bummer Jo! And at this time of year too!! :(

I like Julie's idea of suspending the antenna topper from the rear view mirror too! I bought my first (reindeer one) topper the other week. Presented it to DH when he picked me up at the airport. He smiled politely, but was giving me a puzzled look. When we got to the car, he asked where he should put it!! Like Julie, our antenna is in the glass, and I'd totally forgot about that!! :blush: :rolleyes:

I have one for every Holiday and have never even had one stolen!! I imagine I will go out tomorrow and find mine gone now that I have spoken!!!!

What a shame....

What is this world coming to? I also have the Mickey Canada antenna ball and worry about it often. I have an Aerosmith one also(I'am a dork...this is a well know and celebrated fact among those who know me well) which I bought at their last concert. It's my "summer" ball. I also worry about it constantly (especially living here at the beach)! I mourn your loss...no really I do. :rockband: :cat:

I understand your pain.

I lost my very first one the day after I bought it in the parking lot of Canada'a Wonderland! :guilty:

I luckily have not lost another but my mom lost hers last week while Christmas shopping.

So sorry for your loss :sad2:

Just think though.... now you HAVE to go back to get another ;)

I have my Mickey Snowman on my antenna and actually saw another silver MPV exactly like mine with a Minnie one on it at the grocery store!! Then I saw another sorcerer Mickey one.... and another and another!! Have had mine on since the beginning of November and so far so good... shhhhhh don't want to go out and find it gone!!

I have lost just one of my many mickey toppers, fhew! And that one was to a rodent of the squirrel species, who thought that it was a real flower on my tropical mickey!

But my mother has the in the windshield antenna and we have a pink cord that we hang her toppers on. We saddy punch a hole right through mickey's head then we shove the cord with a knot at the end up his head and ensure that the knot is just inside the bottom of his head then we hang him for all to see!

I have to admit that I am a little scared to put my more cute toppers out into the cruel world, have the snowman with mickey ears that I thinks needs to be put out, but Santa Mickey did not make it to the antenna, as I did not want to lose him. And the Canada Mickey head has also not made it to the antenna, but I think that it will make it to the rear view mirror instead!

I am still on the look out for a DVC antenna topper that would make my day!

Penny

Every time I see a Mickey or Minnie topper I wonder if it used to be mine. I have a pink princess topper on my car now and I kind of wish it would get stolen. I'm sick of it but I feel to guilty to throw it away. It's lasted me a year so far!

Sorry to hear about that ChrisJo :( It's such a mean thing for someone to do.

Actually, I've been wanting a Mickey topper myself but my car doesn't have an antenna. I think I'll give your idea a try Julie :) It sounds pretty easy to do.

Hi Jo

We are going to Disney at the end of March 2005 for 3 weeks - would you like me to bring you a new mickey with the cdn flag and send it to you???

Denise

tink&cinderella said:
Hi Jo

We are going to Disney at the end of March 2005 for 3 weeks - would you like me to bring you a new mickey with the cdn flag and send it to you???

Denise

That is so very kind...I would very much appreciate it! I will correspond with you when you get closer to your dates!
Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter