• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well I guess this is another Disney cutback!

ShellyLynn3630

DIS Veteran
So I see that Disney has taken out the free 5x7 photopass certificate with its 2010 packages. I suppose too many people acutally used that and it was costing them too much money. Sad! They had to go and include other things that I know I myself won't personally use, and I bet many others won't either. But Disney knows that too.

I know my granddaughters, ages 7 and 5, will be over the moon in Feb.
Everything is 'princess' for them.

:rotfl: I was wondering that too!! I think it was the wrong post maybe!!! Anyway, in response to your post, it's too bad if they take that out, that's the only thing along with the arcade card we use. I guess I'd rather see them take that away than raise the prices too much.

:rotfl: I was wondering that too!! I think it was the wrong post maybe!!! Anyway, in response to your post, it's too bad if they take that out, that's the only thing along with the arcade card we use. I guess I'd rather see them take that away than raise the prices too much.

I wish they would keep that and get rid of the planet hollywood certificate and the boat rental.

So I see that Disney has taken out the free 5x7 photopass certificate with its 2010 packages. I suppose too many people acutally used that and it was costing them too much money. Sad! They had to go and include other things that I know I myself won't personally use, and I bet many others won't either. But Disney knows that too.

I actually see this from the other perspective. I don't know anyone that uses it. I know for us one 5x7 was never that big a deal.

We never used it either when we had packages. We have never used any of the freebies that come in the package, so it wouldn't be a big deal to me.

I will miss it too. We used ours. We preorder the photo cd but it was nice for the kids to pick out the free 5 by 7 and have an instant picture for the trip :(
I can't belive people didn't use this.

I will miss it too. We used ours. We preorder the photo cd but it was nice for the kids to pick out the free 5 by 7 and have an instant picture for the trip :(

I do believe most people did use it, thats why it got cut out.

Funny... our first couple of trips with the kiddos, I'm kicking myself for not using the certificate. The last couple of trips we took Disney up on the offer, and I LOVE my freebie photo!!

I totally agree - they could cut out the boat, Planet Hollywood or arcade - and give me back my fee family photo ;) I also agree with the OP. It is becuase plenty of people started using it. During our January trip, there were four people in front of us in line, and ALL had their certificates out and at the ready. So, I do think people were using them if they knew about it.

I've never used it before, but I'm going to on this trip- however, I was really mad that next year's packages included 15% off spa treatments, which I totally would have used this year - in fact, I was lamenting that they didn't have that the day before the packages came out.

I'm surprised that they cut out the photo as I would assume that there are quite a few people who order additional pictures after having waited in line for their free pictures. I never bought anything else with it but I'm not an impulse shopper. I know that there are plenty of impulse shoppers out there though, especially at WDW. I always pre-order the photo CD so I know I can get whatever pictures I want for a fraction of the cost when I get home.

The won't get rid of the arcade card because they know that when kids walk into the arcade, they hound their parents to be able to play the games that can earn them prizes, something that the free arcade card doesn't allow. People end up spending a lot of money based on those free cards. It costs Disney nothing beyond that piece of plastic to give out those cards.

In general, they will continue to offer things that result in us consumers spending more money. I guess not as may people as I assumed were buying more pictures when getting the free one.

We didn't use it last time we went. We DID use the Planet Hollywood certificate and the arcade card and plan on using it for our Christmas trip.

I was disappointed I didn't get one for our trip because you had to book online to receive it. We had to call in our booking because of the PIN code we were using. I would loved to have had it! This next year I was going to book online, so I could use it and now they aren't offering it.

We did use the mini golf from our vouchers. My boys loved it (they wanted to go back a second day).

We used it too, but we also bought the year frame for the picture to go in while we were there. Oh well, we did not have a package booked as of now anyway.

I've always gotten the 5x7 with my package in the past, but it wasn't in our May 2009 package. We had a $10 arcade card though and we'd never had that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter