Welcome to the new board

safetymom

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Welcome everyone to the new sub board here on Resorts. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thank you to Sea Spray for submitting the name for this new board.

Kick off your shoes, settle in, and start posting those countdowns, happy dances, live trip reports right here.

If you have any questions please drop a PM to a moderator here.

:sunny: It's great to see that the new board is up and running!! :sunny: It was nice to see that my suggestion won :blush:

Ok, now I *have* to start thinking about that next trip to WDW so that I can post here! :flower:

I haven't been on this board in a long time, but due to a last minute change of plans, we are going to CBR in a few weeks, so here I am again! I can't wait. This board gets me even more excited about our upcoming trip!!! Thanks! :cool1:

Hi
We are going for the first time, yes I know that may be hard to believe, in December and we are confused on hotels/resorts. We want a nice hotel, clean with comfortable beds, not too old since remodeling, but would prefer not to break the bank. Any suggesitons? Family of 3 with an 8 year old. Thanks : :wave2:

We always stay at Pop Century. It is Disney's newest value resort. There are 3 pools and a very nice food court. The resort is decorate nostagicly (I am sure that's not spelled right) with themes from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's. You will see things like giant rubic's cubes, Mogley & Baloo from Jungle Book, Roger Rabbit, Mr & Mrs Potato Head. If you go to allearsnet.com you can see photos of all the resorts and try and make a decision there. We are not big hotel people - the only thing we use it for is sleeping & showering - the rest of the time is spent in the parks and in the pools...If you want more elaborate, then you will need to move up to a moderate or deluxe. But in my opinion this is a excellent bang for your buck!!

WoooHooo - all paperwork is finally in place..our first visit to WDW is coming up in 18 days - We are booked at POR for 10 nights/11 days - Oct 28 to Nov 7th. It is our first visit for any of us - my husband and 2 boys (10&6). It is a surprise for the boys..we aren't telling them until we show up at the airport.
Is there any absolute "Must Do's"?

:yay: :cool1: :banana:

WoooHooo - all paperwork is finally in place..our first visit to WDW is coming up in 18 days - We are booked at POR for 10 nights/11 days - Oct 28 to Nov 7th. It is our first visit for any of us - my husband and 2 boys (10&6). It is a surprise for the boys..we aren't telling them until we show up at the airport.
Is there any absolute "Must Do's"?

:yay: :cool1: :banana:

We did the same thing to our 2 DD in 2003 when we went on our first trip. Both were stunned when we told them because it was also our first ever out-of-state family vacation. My DD(17 & 16) and I are now Disney Nuts. We love going and set our countdown every year as soon as we get back. DW is slowly starting to understand the magic.
We are now days away from our 4th Family Disney Vacation!

Hola boricuamicky......todo depende de donde hagas tus reservaciones si la haces online todavia no esta disponible pero si lo haces por telefono o mediante un TA ellos te pueden ayudar desde ya.....

:dance3: 35 days and counting until this year's trip to WDW. We are taking our son's girlfriend for her first trip anywhere and we are all so excited for her! :yay: Took my first trip to WDW 30 years ago :woohoo: (does that make me feel old!!) and we enjoy it just as much now as we did then. Surprised our youngest son (the one whose girlfriend is going with us) and 2 other kids one year with a trip to WDW for his 4th birthday. He pouted and pouted because he wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese's for his birthday. He still hasn't lived that down! 35 days:dance3:

I am new to dis boards and I am doing Disney Feb. 18th 2009 with my kids and my mom we are all so excited!!::goodvibes

Canadiangirl,

We just went on our first WDW family trip this past Aug. We also stayed at POR. I really liked it for our first stay. The pool is great. I know you are prolly trying to figure out how to see and do all that you can while you are there. I know we tried it too. It was not realized however. Still lots for us to return for.

I say take an afternoon out and relax by the pool at POR. It is a very nice pool area.

We took 3 DD's (13, 8 &6yo). They LOVED shopping at the disney store in DTD. We got them each thier own disney gift card. I even asked thier grandparents to contribute to each gilrl's funds. That way hubby and I could relax about finances while we were there. I told them they had thier gift cards money and when it ran out...well.... it ran out. End of money discussion. It was such a wonderful way to show them that money only stretches so far then it is gone. My middle DD got a hoot out of keeping track how much was remaining on her card after each purchace. It was funny.

Our best friends also went with us (they took thier 2 DS's- 16 & 12 yo) They really got a kick out of Pizza Planet games @ Hollywood Studios. Not sure of the draw but thay liked it anyhow. I found it sort of expensive (but I can not remmeber exact prices though-just that it was more than it was at home). I suggest giving them a limit as soon as you board the plane--unless money is not an issue for you all. It was for us.

Oh! And don't miss the 3-D shows. They were more impressive than I thought they were going to be-my picky techie hubby was even impressed. If your boys are big Star Wars fans then do not miss the Star Wars ride. I even enjoyed that one. I didn't even suffer my usual motion sickness either. I was shocked about that blessing.

From what my hubby and his BFF told me and my BFF (hubby's BFF's wife:) ) I think your boys may really enjoy EPCOT. My BFF and I didn't see much of EPCOT though as we had plans at the GF Spa that day for an Aromatherapy Massage--80 mins of heaven.:cloud9:

Don't miss Soarin either.

My faves so far (and this is not particular order):
Rockin Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Soarin
Haunted Mansion

Have a great trip to the World!!!

Help,

I have tried countdown calendars twice now. The first one would not show the slider. So, I went back in and got one of the tag countdowns. however, the countdown tag changes in every single post each day. I am writing a PTR and thought my posts would indicate the different countdown days, but each and every post I have made in the thread shows the exact same countdown day no matter what day I posted. :confused3

I would also like to make a link to my PTR in my signature like I have seen others do. That way, if I post something in other threads, others could find my PTR if the feel like it. :confused3

Anybody have suggestions on how to fix the problems or suggestions on where to go for help? :3dglasses

In 25 days we will be at DWR for my DH, DS and my self this will be a first visit for my DD it will be a second. We are going with extended family most of which who have been.We wre excited.

Sunday me and my Prince Charming are heading to WDW for the first time without our families!! my fiance actually proposed to me when i was coming home from WDW in January i was in my whole Disney getup...mickey ears, 2009 zip up hoodie, and a donald duck attached to my school bag! So when my cousin Taryn found out she was going to be doing a internship in WDW I HAD TO GO VISIT HER!! so we decided to go in Sept because it is the best time to go since kids will be back in school and such!! I'm soo excited we're staying at the ASSpo and i haven't been at that resort since my Senior Trip in 2003!!
Can't wait to be with my Prince Charming for 6 days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts