welcome to monstropolus! sept 24 (day2 updated)

wdw_monster

Mouseketeer
JAMBO EVERYONE!!
I'm not very good at this trip report stuff but here goes nothin!

Day 1
sept 24
Everyone woke up early, got dressed, grabed our bags and headed to my mother-on-laws house.
We munched on some carne guisada tacos for breakfast and then headed to the airport for our 1:00pm flight
there was no one in the security check line so we got through fast and had about 2 hours to wait.
Introdutions:
disney1373.jpg
[/IMG]
me- Christina
disney015.jpg
[/IMG]
my prince charming - big jon
disney001.jpg
[/IMG]
my bro jon jon
disney014.jpg
[/IMG]
sitting next to me is my sister - catherine
disney007.jpg
[/IMG]
my mother in law - linda
disney013.jpg
[/IMG]
i dont like waiting
disney011.jpg
[/IMG]
time to get on the plane!
disney019.jpg
[/IMG]
disney020.jpg
[/IMG]
finally on the plane!
disney1371.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1372.jpg
[/IMG]
my brother acting crazy like always
disney1373.jpg

the plane ride was pretty boring, jon jon and cathy had never flown so they were scared
disney1368.jpg
[/IMG]
afte our 2/12 hour plane ride we ran over to pick up our car from alamo car rental, and stop off at a publix for some snacks.
*FYI i look worse and worse as the week goes by!
next up all star music resort...

after we landed we to McDonalds but not just any, The biggest one!
disney021.jpg
[/IMG]
The food was really bad, except for the regular menu that was just fine. Thier "gormet" menu was gross, I ordered the chicken chinichanga, my hubby got a pizza. the chimichange was very gross tasting, the pizza took 30 minutes and it was a little greassy microwave pizza.
disney1376.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1374.jpg
[/IMG]
disney022.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1375.jpg
[/IMG]
everyone hated it. not off to a good start
We stop off at a publix to get some munchies, and soon after we saw this baby!
disney024.jpg
[/IMG]

I know, I know its such a good picture right? lol

We pulled up to ASMU just a little bit after dark
disney027.jpg
[/IMG]
As you can see there was no line at check in, but yet it still took a very long time.

All Star Music Room
so after checking in we went to our rooms which seemed to be way in the back. That was ok since we didn't pay for a perferred room. we were in the country section, oh joy:rolleyes: lol
I was so happy to be there!It was my first time at a value resort. I couldn't wait to open the door to see this...
disney030.jpg

yes a mickey towel!!! we didn't get any of these on our honeymoon/fisrt trip at caribbean beach
The rooms are VERY small, but very cute
disney031.jpg
[/IMG]
After getting everything out of the car we were tring to figure out what to do. hhmmmm... it was about 8pm i wanted to go to see the fireworks at the magic kingdom. linda, jon jon, and cathy were just so happy to be at the hotel they didn't want to go anywhere. Me and the hubby did what we do best DRINK!
disney033.jpg

As you can see we used our sink as a fridge, we had connecting doors to the other room so we used thier sink to wash up.
it was about 9pm almost and we decided to take the bus to downtown disney to go to the house of blue, cheapest drinks:banana:, I thinks it a special until 10pm or it was after 10 can't remember:confused3
So we downed a few beers and took one for the road.
disney036.jpg
[/IMG]
I jst to take a couple pics of these dang boots! We can not get away from these things!!
disney086.jpg
[/IMG]
as you can see it was very hot and sweaty
disney084.jpg
[/IMG]
If your not sure what I'm talking about with the boots, we are from San Antonio, tx and this is at one of our malls..
boot.jpg
[/IMG]
stole this pic from google

I Really do love this resort! it is so pretty at night, it really suprised me I thought is was going to look more like a motel 6 with pretty colors. It is totally not that! The broadway section was so cute with all the colors and little streets.

When we were trying to get to the bus stops we got so lost. we didn't know which way was what. We asked a CM and she had no idea:confused:, but then another CM helped us. we waited about 5 minutes for a bus and we were off!

up next Downtown disney!

Downtown Disney

We got to Downtown Disney around 10ish, there were alot of people, Or at least alot more people then our first trip. We have been to this side of downtown disney, only by the house of blues.
disney045.jpg
[/IMG]
This was kinda by the entrance I think

There was a little beer stand next to the water
disney048.jpg
[/IMG]
disney047.jpg
[/IMG]
We both got a Bud and a shot of Patron came out to $36
disney046.jpg
[/IMG]
disney061.jpg
[/IMG]
I was scared to take it!
disney065.jpg
[/IMG]
BLAH!

Afterwards we went walking around, didn't go in any shops but 1
The Harley Davidson store, My hubbys favorite, he just got a bike last year, he missed it so much on our trip you would have though we forget our child at home the way he waas tlakin about it.
disney054.jpg
[/IMG]
disney055.jpg
[/IMG]
disney056.jpg
[/IMG]
We kept walking down to the house of blues
disney051.jpg
[/IMG]
lego buzz and woody
disney052.jpg
[/IMG]
disney050.jpg
[/IMG]
I love Malicifent!(not sure if I spelled it right)
disney058.jpg
[/IMG]
This cool dude was outside the house of blues
We had a few drinks here.
disney059.jpg
[/IMG]
heres a cool bench inside
disney057.jpg
[/IMG]
Now it was time to go back to the hotel, but the problem was we couldn't find the bus stop. CMs kept pointing us in different directions, probally didn't help that we were kinda drunk. we didn't make it back till after 1am
Took some pics when we got back
disney043.jpg
[/IMG]
pool area
disney042.jpg
[/IMG]
disney079.jpg
[/IMG]

empty lobby
disney078.jpg
[/IMG]
disney073.jpg
[/IMG]

the food court which we never got to try
disney074.jpg
[/IMG]

next up day 2....

day 2

We got up super early around 5am. We had to switch resorts to AKV Kidani :cool1: and make our 8:10 ADR at crystal palace.
we got to Kidani at 6:30am. WOW! this place is amazing!! I checked in a the man asked me where would I like my room to be. I had no clue, i just said where ever he puts us is fine. He gave the room number but said it wouldn't be ready till about noon. no problem. we left the luggage in the car and zoomed out of there but not before I took a pic.
disney1383.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1382.jpg
[/IMG]I kept telling everyone that there are animals here they didn't believe me and none were out at the moment. Its so pretty early in the morning.

up next Magic Kindom!!...

Magic Kingdom Day 2

We got to the Magic Kingdom parking lot around 7:30am
disney092.jpg
[/IMG]

EEEKK!!! My favorite place in the whole world!

disney093.jpg
[/IMG]

This was just outside the transportation center
disney094.jpg
[/IMG]

Jon jons first sitting of the monorail!! He was very happy
disney095.jpg
[/IMG]
We didn't actually get to ride the monorail right now, :headache: it would be up and running about 8. The ferry wasn't running yet eather, but the the ferry started loading so we hopped on that.
disney096.jpg
[/IMG]

disney1388.jpg
[/IMG]

aaawww the magic crane
disney1389.jpg
[/IMG]

Space mountain! i can't wait to ride you!
disney1387.jpg
[/IMG]

By The time we got to the front gates it was already 8:10 oh well I guess we'll be a little late for our ADR
Only took a minute to get in they didn't ask for proof of my ADR:confused3, seems like anyone could get in an hour early.

AAAWWW the best feeling in the world is being in this spot, when its the first of the day so excited!!
disney098.jpg
[/IMG]
disney099.jpg

disney097.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats pure disney magic rigth there kids
disney123.jpg
[/IMG]

ok this one is better
disney124.jpg
[/IMG]
we made a mad dash to the Crystal Palace. There was alot of people outside waiting.
disney103.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1392.jpg

we got our little buzzer and waited and just tryed to take in everything. Disney world!
disney101.jpg
[/IMG]
disney102.jpg

up next The Cystal Palace...
[/COLOR]

The Crystal Palace breakfast

We finally got seated around 8:30. It was very busy and very loud. I was very excited to eat here after hearing so much about it. I was ready for my first taste if mickey waffles!
disney112.jpg
[/IMG]
disney110.jpg
[/IMG]
disney109.jpg
[/IMG]
disney108.jpg
[/IMG]
disney107.jpg
[/IMG]
NUM NUM NUM...
disney115.jpg
[/IMG]

I think the hangover is to blame but I did not like almost everything.
disney105.jpg
[/IMG]
The fuit was very yummy, the croissant was very cold and dry, but it had good flavor. the biskets and crazy were ok, bisket was dry, bacon sucked.
the cheese in the omlet ruined it for me, it tasted kinda powdery if you know what i mean. Oh and the mickey waffle!! everyone talks about it. I've dying to try one.I took 1 bite and spit it out. First of all it was very cold and it tasted way to sweet for me. It tasted almost like a cookie. It was not what I was expecting. I was really disappointed:sad2:. overall I really liked this place the first time we ate here for lunch, but this time not so much.
disney117.jpg
[/IMG]
At this point Big Jon was feeling really sick (hangover) he wanted to throw up and didn't want to eat anything, he even wanted to go back to the hotel. I felt bad for him but I didn't let him go. I knew he would feel better later on after he ate.
heres the omlet station which seem to take a while
disney104.jpg
[/IMG]

We had a nice view from our seat
disney113.jpg
[/IMG]

disney118.jpg
[/IMG]

Mickey waflles got a thumbs up from everyone else
disney106.jpg
[/IMG]

The our waitress brought from yummy treats
disney122.jpg
[/IMG]
disney1394.jpg
[/IMG]
everyone was so full they didn't want to eat it, I took one bite out of mine.

Magic Kingdom continued

After we were done eating we went back up mainstreet to go buy some ears.
Big jon tryed this one but didn't buy it
disney127.jpg
[/IMG]
ME and cathy bought some minnie ears and jon jon bought a soccerers mickey hat. Now it was off to tomorrowland
disney131.jpg
[/IMG]

Our first ride was buzzlightyear!
disney140.jpg
[/IMG]
disney138.jpg
[/IMG]
I had to ride alone
disney139.jpg
[/IMG]
disney132.jpg
[/IMG]

I decided that we needed to get some fastpasses to space mountain and save them for later. there was a 0 wait time. jonjon was scared since this was his first time riding it. He never goes on rollercoasters. He said since its Disney he'll go on anything that doesn't goe upside down.
disney141.jpg
[/IMG]

we rode tomorrowland speedway, which everyone enjoyed and then we wanted to hurry up and get to fantasyland. first stop there ... TEA CUPS! linda sat this one out.
disney146.jpg
[/IMG]
don't everyone look to happy now
disney148.jpg
[/IMG]
disney149.jpg
[/IMG]

I love the trash cans!
disney143.jpg
[/IMG]

and we saw this chick afterwards
disney142.jpg
[/IMG]

Beasts castle
disney152.jpg
[/IMG]

we rode snow white
disney153.jpg
[/IMG]
Goodbye dopey!

we made a stop at the sword in the stone, they didn't believe that sometimes it will come up whe someone pulls it.
Big Jon was the first to try
disney155.jpg
[/IMG]

JonJon thought he could pull it out
disney156.jpg
[/IMG]

Then Cathy didn't want to go up there but i made her so I could take a picture. lol she was getting a little mad. then........BAM!
disney157.jpg
[/IMG]
she pulled it out! :wizard: super cool! I've never actually seen someone pull it out before.

We were going to ride Its a small World but decided to come back later to it and made our way to the haunted mansion. I couldn't wait to see the new line.

disney159.jpg
[/IMG]
disney160.jpg
[/IMG]
disney166.jpg
[/IMG]
I like it! its very cute.

after that we started to make our way to Tom Sawyer island. It was about 2pm and very hot!
disney168.jpg
[/IMG]
disney176.jpg
[/IMG]
my mother in law trying to cool off

I love the mone trails.
disney182.jpg
[/IMG]

These were so fun i didn't even know that they were there!
disney186.jpg
[/IMG]
He kept pretending to shoot allt he little kids

It was about time to start heading over to our 4:20pm ADR ar CRT.

Next up Cinderella's royal Table...

Cinderellas Royal Table

On our way heading over to the castle it started to rain, alot! we popped in a store to escape for a few minutes. Jonjon and cathy wanted to use their money to buy umbrellas. as soon as they bought and walk out the door the rain stoped.
But they did used later on in the week. It rained almost everyday in the afternoon. We checked in at at CRT and waited for our name to be called. It didn't take long.

The mural in the castle
disney237.jpg
[/IMG]

disney238.jpg

disney242.jpg

Now I think I was looking foward to this dinner the most. Even though I have heard so many bad reviews. Well, this was our least favorite restaurant:sad1:

I did not like the way our picture with Cinderella. We were all messed up from the rain.
disney239.jpg
[/IMG]

I loved bieng in the castle! It was so nice inside.
After having our picture taken we were taken upstair to be seated.

taken right above were your pictures are taken
disney243.jpg
[/IMG]

We were seated all the way to the right when you exit the elevator, not by any window at all :sad1: oh well it was still very nice.
as soon as were seated our waiter ask for our drinks explained the menu and then we ordered everything at once, app, entree, and dessert.

our apps came out super quick, almost instantly.
me and the hubby and the shrimp cocktail. I thought i took a picture but i guess i didn't. you could tell that the shrimp had been frozen and refrozen, it was really crumbly.
The bread was yummy.
disney244.jpg

jonjon order the beew stew. he said it was good but plain
disney247.jpg
[/IMG]

Cathy ordered the cheese plate, which suprised me.
disney249.jpg
[/IMG]
she only like one of them, i forgot which one. the other 2 were a little to weird for her.

Linda ordered the salad. She said it was very good.
We should have ordered that.
disney248.jpg

As soon as we finished our apps our entrees came out.
around this time is when Snow White came out. It seemed like a very long time for the princesses to come by our table, maybe its because we were in the back away from everything.

Linda, Big jon, and jonjon and me ordered the roasted beef loin
disney257.jpg

It was tastless. It didn't have a bad taste, just no taste. the potatos were good was ice cold. Jonjon said it tasted exactly as the stew.

Cathy ordered the stuffed chicken
She said it was ok.
disney252.jpg
[/IMG]
they came and brought us all swords and wands
disney254.jpg
[/IMG]
we were already done with our entree and we still had only seen Snow white.
Then desserts

Big jon and jonjon ordered the chocolate mouse
disney281.jpg

Jonjon said it was nasty. Big jon said it had a wierd taste, and they both were hard on the outside.

Cathy and ordered the almond cheesecake
she liked it
disney277.jpg

I ordered the tio which was a almond cheesecake, chocolate mouse and fruit tart. the cheesecake was laright but i didn't like the taste of the berries. the chocolate mouse was alot softer then the guys, but it does have a funky taste that I didn't care for. The fruit tart was good.
disney280.jpg
[/IMG]

Linda have the berries and then they brought us cupcakes whic were yummy but I only took one bite out of
disney279.jpg

disney282.jpg
[/IMG]

we saw Aurora whike having dessert
disney271.jpg

disney275.jpg

Ariel came up next and she was the best.
disney288.jpg

it seemed like we waited forever the princesses but our food was very rushed.
disney303.jpg

disney308.jpg

disney309.jpg

I would give this place another try but maybe for breakfast.

up next more Magic Kingdom...

OOoops I forgot about the parade:confused:, we ran into it before CRT by splash mountain

disney216.jpg

disney220.jpg

disney221.jpg

disney218.jpg

disney226.jpg

disney229.jpg

disney231.jpg

I really like this parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter